You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight cancellation, refund, compensation etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:36am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Booked a holiday with last minute.com for May. 
Looking on line they seem to be a nightmare to contact to try re jig dates etc. Where do you stand in these scenarios? Will wait till nearer the date to try make contact. Paid with a credit card,as thought if company went bust we could get our money back! If they can’t provide the service paid,is this way of paying any good to me! Ps I realise there are bigger issues out there👍
Like the best penalty Ireland’s scored?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 6:52pm

Booked a holiday with last minute.com for May. 
Looking on line they seem to be a nightmare to contact to try re jig dates etc. Where do you stand in these scenarios? Will wait till nearer the date to try make contact. Paid with a credit card,as thought if company went bust we could get our money back! If they can’t provide the service paid,is this way of paying any good to me! Ps I realise there are bigger issues out there👍
super daaaaaaaaavvvvvveeeeeeeeee....
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:04pm
If it's cancelled, you have to get your money back. If they go bankrupt, you should be able to do a chargeback on the credit card BUT you have to do that within six months of the payment afaik.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:10pm
Swiss finally got back. Can't process refund immediately due to volumes but will do in future or else I can use the amount of any booked flight between now and year end booked before 31st August. €50 credit if the replacement flight is more expensive, how generous. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If it's cancelled, you have to get your money back. If they go bankrupt, you should be able to do a chargeback on the credit card BUT you have to do that within six months of the payment afaik.
👍what if they try to ignore me,can I do anything re the payment. They seem to be trying to fob off folk
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:30pm
Supposed to be flying out tomorrow to Gran Canaria for a fortnight.
Paid for everything in advance.
Ryanair have said they will refund, but it hasn’t come through yet.
One hotel has refunded already.
2nd hotel have said they will, but hasn’t come through yet.
Dublin Airport parking have refunded already.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:47pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

👍what if they try to ignore me,can I do anything re the payment. They seem to be trying to fob off folk
Raise a charge back immediately and you'll have have the funds back within 30 days. Phone your bank very early tomorrow morning(they have massive waiting times at the moment as they are struggling to get staff working from home and are closing branches) and say you wish to raise a dispute(chargeback) on a payment as it can't be delivered and the merchant isn't replying to your request for a refund. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:20pm
cheers mate ..you reckon that’s a goer?
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:05am
Usit gone to the wall by the looks of things.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:05am
Have flights to Barcelona booked for end May with Vueling. Their offer is to move it to any date between now and next March, not sure I trust that this is gonna be over by September, and Barcelona isn't really warm enough in March.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Have flights to Barcelona booked for end May with Vueling. Their offer is to move it to any date between now and next March, not sure I trust that this is gonna be over by September, and Barcelona isn't really warm enough in March.

Just wait, if you can get a refund take it or if you must move it then go for March next year. The weather would be better than back home and you’d  hope everything will be back to a normal state or the new normal by then.

I’ve a holiday booked in May but going to wait and see.
I’m supposed to be driving to Ireland (from the UK) end of June but not sure if that will even go ahead.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:56am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I'm surprised they hadn't gone bust a long time before this. Don't know why people would still be using them over the last few years with the amount of information available online. 

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:52am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I'm surprised they hadn't gone bust a long time before this. Don't know why people would still be using them over the last few years with the amount of information available online. 

They've a monopoly on a lot of the visas, J1's, work visas to Canada etc.

Can' imagine anyone of them are being used this year
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:31am
Did the charge back work? Banks are under massive pressure for processing but it's next week when the sh*t hits the fan when the monthly direct debits and standing orders come out. 

Edited by Slow & Blind - 29 Mar 2020 at 11:34am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Did the charge back work? Banks are under massive pressure for processing but it's next week when the sh*t hits the fan when the monthly direct debits and standing orders come out. 
havnt tried yet. It’s on a friends visa
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:33am
Aer Lingus cancelled my flight from Britain to Ireland Easter weekend. I noticed a few days ago that they weren't allowing new bookings until 1st May. I'm entitled to a refund under EU law but i'm considering just taking the voucher they are offering as its easier than trying to contact them. They are offering 20% more than you paid on the voucher also with 5 years expiry. I assume they have cancelled all their flights from Britain to Ireland until May  
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Aer Lingus cancelled my flight from Britain to Ireland Easter weekend. I noticed a few days ago that they weren't allowing new bookings until 1st May. I'm entitled to a refund under EU law but i'm considering just taking the voucher they are offering as its easier than trying to contact them. They are offering 20% more than you paid on the voucher also with 5 years expiry. I assume they have cancelled all their flights from Britain to Ireland until May  
 TAKE THE MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:25am
Still no option with Eurowings on a refund, just a voucher or rearrange the flight on their website. Impossible to get in touch with. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic