You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight cancellation, refund, compensation etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight cancellation, refund, compensation etc
    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 7:09pm
Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated

We were due to fly from Krakow to Belfast yesterday with Ryanair (two separate bookings), but they cancelled all flights until end of the month from Sunday onwards and communicated this to us on Saturday evening.

Panic booked an Easyjet flight to Manchester on the Saturday evening but mistakenly booked it for the following week. In any case, easyjet informed me later that evening that flight was also cancelled anyway as Poland was closing its borders.

Anyway, her brother managed to book us Easyjet flights from Krakow to Geneva, Geneva to Gatwick and Gatwick to Belfast yesterday, and all of these flights went ahead and we got home eventually.

I think the total cost of booking the flights back home came to approx. £1200. Will Ryanair refund/compensate the price of paying for these flights to get home with a separate airline? If not, will Easyjet refund/compensate me the cost of the new flights to get home as they had cancelled the flight that I had mistakenly bought for next week?

Many thanks in advance

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 7:48pm
Almost definitely no,  travel insurance best option 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Almost definitely no,  travel insurance best option 
Donโ€™t have travel insurance. Ms bogball has some level of insurance though
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 11:10am
Booked Salzburg - Dublin - Dublin -Vienna  -March 28-30th,Vienna flight is cancelled, Ryanair app gives me a refund option,when i click on it ,says somethings wrong  and try later,tried on their website on the laptop,filled out all the data on the the form but they keep rejecting me saying the reservation number is incorrect......Angry
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Booked Salzburg - Dublin - Dublin -Vienna  -March 28-30th,Vienna flight is cancelled, Ryanair app gives me a refund option,when i click on it ,says somethings wrong  and try later,tried on their website on the laptop,filled out all the data on the the form but they keep rejecting me saying the reservation number is incorrect......Angry

That's being discussed on the Slovakia away forum - everyone is in the same boat, me included. Ryanair are useless

Our flight London - Prague is listed as cancelled

Prague - London isn't though LOL 

Edited by kearney304 - 17 Mar 2020 at 11:22am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:10pm
May be of use to some but Trainline are advising that for non refundable tickets dates can be changed to up to 12 weeks and can be changed again 

New timetable due out next Monday - hope that my train is cancelled but at least you can rebook 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 12:37am
My Edinburgh to dublin flight is cancelled on the 28th but dublin to Glasgow 2moro is still going ahead, refund application for the flight home keeps failing and only have the option to reschedule the first without having to pay the change fee. Flights later in the year are more expensive, Ryanair, a right bunch of coonts. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 1:10am
Got sorted today via Ryanair's live chat. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 8:04am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Isnt the live chat a robot ?
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Isnt the live chat a robot ?
Type "help" and you get an agent (eventually).
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 10:06am
Finally got sorted for all my Ryanair flights the claims form eventually worked this morning for the Vienna flight that was cancelled on Monday.

Some change in the wait time for refund too will take up to 20 days to process it now instead of the few hours it took to process the refund last week just shows the effect this is having on the industry
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 5:36pm
Does anyone know how to get a refund from Easyjet? The flight is cancelled and the e-mail says I can get a refund but there's no option.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:46pm
Has anyone actually received a refund from Ryanair yet ??
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:56pm
Well my Swiss Air flight to Vienna has finally been cancelled. Can't apply for refund on their website though and can only do so through an 1890 number which will cost an absolute fortune to ring from a mobile with the wait times. Tried their parent company lufthansa on a regular landline number but despite the flight being up on their system and them emailing me about it they said they can't deal with it. Very frustrating.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Yes, three seperate refunds received. Waiting one more from the other day.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Ya, I got one.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 10:00pm
Thanks lads hopefully not so long before we on the road again ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Does anyone know how to get a refund from Easyjet? The flight is cancelled and the e-mail says I can get a refund but there's no option.
having the same problem here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic