You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still going to Bratislava list

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Why are people posting that Bratislava is a ghost town ?
Was chatting to a mate who lives there yesterday and she said everything is opened as normal,bars, cafes, shops,etc, they might adopt the Austrian policy of no more than 100 people at any indoor event.

Because it's still 2 weeks away and it's only going to get worse not better.

By all accounts it is extremely quiet even if things are open. 

Wouldnt be bothered travelling to spend a few hundred over there and watching it in a pub when I can watch it here and keep the money and holidays in work for the nations league.

Hotels on free cancellation and airlines are being extremely accommodating so not really out too much. 

They aren't going to be welcoming to big groups which is why they called it with plenty of notice 

What airlines are being accommodating?? Hardly ryanair unless you are going through Italy 

Lufthansa, Aerlingus, Austrian, swiss just to name a few
Flight booked with Aer Lingus myself didn't know that Sound. 
No worries, they'll change your flight to later in the year so could be handy for another game like Bulgaria 
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:26pm
And i have been hit  as Ryan Air have cancelled my Vienna - Bristol flight .

So i am not going now  i really wanted to see Vienna again but not to be . 

5 flights still waiting to be cancelled now Unhappy

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:41pm

Was chatting to a mate who lives there yesterday and she said everything is opened as normal,bars, cafes, shops,etc, they might adopt the Austrian policy of no more than 100 people at any indoor event.

Wouldnt be bothered travelling to spend a few hundred over there and watching it in a pub when I can watch it here and keep the money and holidays in work for the nations league.

Hotels on free cancellation and airlines are being extremely accommodating so not really out too much. 

They aren't going to be welcoming to big groups which is why they called it with plenty of notice 

What airlines are being accommodating?? Hardly ryanair unless you are going through Italy 

No worries, they'll change your flight to later in the year so could be handy for another game like Bulgaria 
Can that be Just done online? Thanks 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:42pm

Not too sure. I've to ring Lufthansa as they cant do it online. Not sure about others 
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:01pm

Not too sure. I've to ring Lufthansa as they cant do it online. Not sure about others 
JP. We're going to Vienna anyway unless the government advise not too. Others in the group still intend going to Bratislava. Liken this to St. Patrick's day here. No parade but tourists who booked packages will still travel. It's a personal choice at the end of the day 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

JP. We're going to Vienna anyway unless the government advise not too. Others in the group still intend going to Bratislava. Liken this to St. Patrick's day here. No parade but tourists who booked packages will still travel. It's a personal choice at the end of the day 

An FYI on Bratislava they have declared a state of emergency, they're considering in the morning if everyone coming into the country should be quarantined for 2 weeks... so yeah stay at home 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:43pm

Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

An FYI on Bratislava they have declared a state of emergency, they're considering in the morning if everyone coming into the country should be quarantined for 2 weeks... so yeah stay at home 

Just a question about this quarantined lark . 
Just say you turned up in Brat and they said you have to spend 14 days in holiday inn , would you be expected to pay for this ? 
Food and drink is that added to your bill ? 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:48pm
Do ye have to do multiple quotes with every post? Unless someone is a complete thick they’re not needed. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Do ye have to do multiple quotes with every post? Unless someone is a complete thick they’re not needed. 
Hard to read on your phone RL Hug
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:56pm
very hard Murph and irritating. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 9:38pm
Just looking at multitrip.com

Can get insurance for €29.99 that will refund all expenses for my trip if it is cancelled because the DFA change their travel advice to "do not travel" or "avoid non-essential travel". I don't know if I'd need the advice changed for all four countries but it's a possibility. Having said that, if the advice changes, there's a good chance the flights will be cancelled anyway, and that's all I stand to lose so I might leave it.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 9:47pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 9:53pm
I think you would have to have taken out the insurance before you booked your flights.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

And i have been hit  as Ryan Air have cancelled my Vienna - Bristol flight .

So i am not going now  i really wanted to see Vienna again but not to be . 

5 flights still waiting to be cancelled now Unhappy

Any chance you could receive some amount of cash back from cancelled flights ?  

My group panicked and won’t fly over now, we were going through Vienna too Cry
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
SeanG4393 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanG4393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:28am

With Bosnia vs NI being called off completely I think that curtains for our games as well so really no point in heading over at all
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:34am
Originally posted by SeanG4393 SeanG4393 wrote:

With Bosnia vs NI being called off completely I think that curtains for our games as well so really no point in heading over at all
Its not called off
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:49am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by SeanG4393 SeanG4393 wrote:

Its not called off
The Bosnian football federation announced it was but have since deleted the tweet 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 10:26am
Bosnia have requested it be called off. They have introduced a 14 day quarantine for anyone returning to their country from a foreign country, meaning their players wouldn't be able to play.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic