Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - football related

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 38>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Anyone else finding the football-urge subsiding? First few weeks of lockdown I was at a bit of a loose end with nothing on TV on Wed nights, weekends etc, was watching old games and old podcasts for a listen, but I think I've kinda got used to it now.

I'm sure I'll fall back into the football habit once its back but definitely not missing it like I used to.
Miss going to matches and playing matches. Have watched a few Bundesliga, was grand but not waiting for the next in anticipation. Missing going to watch the Harps big time. Used to having a trip to England to watch a game lined up so don't have that to look forward to. Ourselves we're training in groups of 4...It's the best of a bad situation but would love to play a match as part of it! 
Sponsored Links

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 8:42pm
I'll watch Liverpool's matches and maybe some of Leeds and Villa's if English football comes back. Apart from that I've no interest in watching any other behind closed doors games. I generally never watch the Bundesliga with supporters there, why would I watch it with no supporters there?

I'm not missing football or sport very much, to be honest. I sort of like it with none.

Edited by sid waddell - 28 May 2020 at 8:43pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Anyone else finding the football-urge subsiding? First few weeks of lockdown I was at a bit of a loose end with nothing on TV on Wed nights, weekends etc, was watching old games and old podcasts for a listen, but I think I've kinda got used to it now.

I'm sure I'll fall back into the football habit once its back but definitely not missing it like I used to.

I think it’s a bit of a farce trying to get it going as early as two weeks (or so) from now. It’s the one non-essential job, where social isolation is impossible that seemed deaf to the problems or the potential for further problems. Especially with the reported cases emerging in the Championship without football being played.

I do miss it, but I miss it insofar as it would be something to do, or discuss during a time where you can stay in lockdown over coronavirus, and talk about it, as it dominates the news. I think Liverpool winning the league (even in these circumstances) doesn’t undermine the overall integrity. But relegating teams on the back of some sort of adjust points differential, if an outbreak caused another halt, would rent it asunder.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:39am
Is it just the leagues they're finishing? Are the cups, CL etc gone or being played too?
Some people just deserve a slap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Is it just the leagues they're finishing? Are the cups, CL etc gone or being played too?

Yeah haven't heard much about the cups. Certainly it would be hard to see the CL resuming at any point giving the logistics of travelling around Europe involved, not to mention the fact that the various domestic leagues are all pretty much doing their own thing.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Yeah haven't heard much about the cups. Certainly it would be hard to see the CL resuming at any point giving the logistics of travelling around Europe involved, not to mention the fact that the various domestic leagues are all pretty much doing their own thing.
Yeah the travelling would make CL very tricky.

The FA Cup is the least of peoples worry, could even be the beginning of the end when we realise nobody misses it.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:59am
The Champions League games are in July final in August. That's been the plan for a while. 

La Liga starts June 8th - Serie A - starts June 9th or 16th. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 11:23am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:24pm
Just read that City v Liverpool is at a neutral ground. Are all the games the same or what way are they doing it?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Just read that City v Liverpool is at a neutral ground. Are all the games the same or what way are they doing it?
Heard earlier on the sports news on the radio that the cops there want any game where Liverpool could win the league be played on neutral ground.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Heard earlier on the sports news on the radio that the cops there want any game where Liverpool could win the league be played on neutral ground.
Goodison Park seems the logical choice as a neutral venue.

Actually Old Trafford wouldn't be bad either.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:50pm
I'm surprised this hasn't been used as an opportunity to play them in the Middle East. Surely an excuse could have been thought up for why it would be better in neutral venues there and would have been a gentle first step towards games there being normal.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I'm surprised this hasn't been used as an opportunity to play them in the Middle East. Surely an excuse could have been thought up for why it would be better in neutral venues there and would have been a gentle first step towards games there being normal.

IN A DESERT OF FOOTBALL

WE PROVIDE AN OASIS (Wonderwall plays)

SKY SPORTS, IN ASSOCIATION WITH CORONA BEER, PROUDLY PRESENTS "THE CORONA CLASSIC"

THE SANDS OF TIME OF LIVERPOOL'S LEAGUE TITLE FAMINE ARE ABOUT TO RUN OUT

FOR JURGEN KLOPP'S MEN, COVID-19 IS ABOUT TO BECOME TITLE 19

BUT CAN THEY CLINCH THE PREMIER LEAGUE AT THE HOME OF THEIR DEADLY RIVALS, MANCHESTER CITY - THE SHEIKH AL-SHARIA ARENA IN ABU DHABI?!

WATCH THIS CUT THROAT CLASH EXCLUSIVELY LIVE ON SKY SPORTS! 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 4:09pm

BBC showing old European Championship games most days from Saturday for the next 3 weeks. Matches all on BBC1 or BBC2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52646948

Spain v Yugoslavia from Euro 2000 on BBC 2 next Monday at 14:15 

Clap

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 Jun 2020 at 4:10pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 8:18am
Didnt see it at the time but have seen that game mentioned on her numerous times as being one of the best tournament games ever so will watch that next week.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 8:31am
I think SSN has been on some sort of boycott of sport since March. The racing is back, the football is on the way back, it is already back in several countries, but only 30 minute shows are recorded every few hours.

Poland, Denmark and Hungary are back in action. Portugal resumes this evening. Spain and Italy next week. Maybe Sky will soon realise that sport hasn't disappeared off the radar for the summer. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 8:42am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Didnt see it at the time but have seen that game mentioned on her numerous times as being one of the best tournament games ever so will watch that next week.

I seem to recall watching in on a midweek afternoon
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 12:25am
Michael O'Neill has tested positive for covid 19

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 38>
  Share Topic