You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish club managers thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:46pm
Decent article.

Jim Goodwin reaffirms his desire to manage Ireland in the future and speaks about the Irish contingent at St. Mirren.

Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Decent article.

Jim Goodwin reaffirms his desire to manage Ireland in the future and speaks about the Irish contingent at St. Mirren.

Would love to see it. He'd be my choice if Kenny is to get the chop. A young hungry up and coming manager who knows us inside out. Hes been very good for our lads at St Mirren.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Decent article.

Would love to see it. He'd be my choice if Kenny is to get the chop. A young hungry up and coming manager who knows us inside out. Hes been very good for our lads at St Mirren.

At his age international football probably won't be something he'll want to do for quite awhile.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 9:23pm
I wouldn't be going overboard on Goodwin just yet. Yes he is doing a decent job with St Mirren but i wouldnt have him top of any list as our next manager. Not yet anyway. 
I love beer gardens
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 9:27pm
Goodwin is an obvious candidate for sure. I suspect he will stay at St Mirren for a few years yet. I am following them closely now due to the Irish connection and hopefully he will continue to source and improve Irish talent. I hope Ronan stays fit as his star like McGrath's and Doyle Hayes will rise if he does.

I could genuinely see them challenging for Top Half if they get Mcgrath and Ronan working together in full flow. that's' serious creativity for a team of St Mirrens calibre.

It's reported Tierney at Bohs has agreed a deal with a Scottish side I wonder is that St Mirren too.

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Oct 2021 at 9:32pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:37am
Motherwell apparently.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 11:04am
https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/how-frank-stapletons-american-dream-turned-into-a-nightmare-40978409.html

Irish managerial careers never seem to last long. Ronnie Whelan and Liam Brady are other big names who managed at a decent level for three or four years before settling into punditry.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 3:18pm
Kieran McKenna the new Ipswich manager. Potential future Ireland manager or nah?
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 3:28pm

Kieran McKenna the new Ipswich manager. Potential future Ireland manager or nah?
Another NI manager! How do they do it?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Rodgers, McKenna, O'Neill, Robinson, McCann.

All managing at L1 level or higher. I might be missing another few.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 5:55pm

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Rodgers, McKenna, O'Neill, Robinson, McCann.

All managing at L1 level or higher. I might be missing another few.

Michael Duff at Cheltenham, in the 3rd season of his 1st manager's job.

Won the Lge Two title last season, they're currently 14th in Lge One. Only their 5th ever season at this level, with 17th being their highest finish, so they're punching above their weight.

Duff looks to be one-to-watch.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 11:37am
Diarmuid O'Carroll appointed assistant manager at Morecambe and will take charge for today's FA Cup game against Tottenham after Stephen Robinson tested positive for COVID.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 10:07pm
St. Mirren in the top half after five wins from their last six games in all competitions. It would've been six from six only for Ross Tierney's last minute equaliser a week ago.

They have games in hand over teams above and below them as well so they're looking well placed to make up for the disappointment of narrowly missing out last season.

Goodwin a man to keep an eye on.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 10:46pm
In terms of playing budget St Mirren should be fighting a relegation battle every season, or just be one of the better teams in the division below. He's working miracles to have them in and around the top six two years in a row. 

He's very open in saying that he'd like to manage Ireland one day so definitely one to keep an eye on for the future.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 5:43pm
Aberdeen want Jim Goodwin as their next manager.
Yurt View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 1:31am
Seems like Aberdeen would be a decent move for Goodwin. Funny that it seemed like it would be an underwhelming switch for Jamie McGrath but I guess it's different for a manager.

You'd have to think that the limit for St Mirren is top 6 of the SPL but Aberdeen would have the means to challenge for the top 3 and potentially make the group stages in Europe.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 1:28pm

Aberdeen want Jim Goodwin as their next manager.

St Mirren have given Aberdeen permission to speak to Jim.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 1:59pm
Aberdeen have been given permission by St Mirren to sign Goodwin as their manager.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic