You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria Away Sep 3rd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

“At the moment it is not looking good for foreign travel. The advice still remains that should not leave the island of Ireland,” said Harris at the Department of Health this afternoon. 

Harris said “being truthful to people it is looking highly unlikely this year”. 

Even if the travel advice did change and people could book holidays abroad, they would still have to self isolate for two weeks upon their return, he said.

“All of a sudden… your two-week holidays becomes four weeks,” he said. He added that most countries are still advising that people do not travel.

Have to see how it plays out really, harris also was talking up the schools being back only 2 weeks ago and that's not happening. Septmeber and october wont happen anyway.

See what other EU countries do first and then we'll follow but away games no hope September October 

Edited by wanderer - 02 May 2020 at 7:09pm
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:44pm
Ryanair flight to Sofia on September 1st is coming up as sold out on the Ryanair website, now the thing is that all the Tuesday flights in and around that time are coming up as sold out too, so looks like these flights may be gone with the wind.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:48pm
Would UEFA allow each of the national football associations to decide if they want to allow fans attend the Nations League games (as each country is going to have different amount of cases) or will they impose a closed doors policy on all fixtures until a certain time of the year/next year? 

Edited by irishmufc - 05 Jun 2020 at 5:49pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:58pm
It will be down to UEFA I'd imagine. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

We should know more after their 17th June Exco meeting. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

We should know more after their 17th June Exco meeting. 
And until then I'm booking sweet fa in terms of transport. 

I have a hotel booked on free cancellation so at least I'm not losing any money in case we don't get travelling. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sh-Long View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sh-Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:52am
If this game does go ahead in September as scheduled in front of spectators, how many fans be willing to travel? We probably still have to self isolate for 14 days when we return. That ok for me as I can work from home. At the moment Bulgaria are allowing 30% capacity in their stadium. It be interesting to see if that increases by much in the next 3 months and will determine how many away tickets there are (if we are allowed to travel)
Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 5:15pm
I could be wrong but do Bulgaria not have a stadium ban for their next game, which we all thought would be their play off in March but that didn’t go ahead, so surely that ban is to be served against us.
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Sh-Long Sh-Long wrote:

If this game does go ahead in September as scheduled in front of spectators, how many fans be willing to travel? We probably still have to self isolate for 14 days when we return. That ok for me as I can work from home. At the moment Bulgaria are allowing 30% capacity in their stadium. It be interesting to see if that increases by much in the next 3 months and will determine how many away tickets there are (if we are allowed to travel)

The self-isolation requirement is what is holding me off booking any away trips at the moment. If we are allowed go to the Bulgaria game but then have to self-isolate when we are back , we will miss out on the Finland home game if fans are allowed attend. I am not sure will Bulgaria be included on the "green list" of countries where the requirement will be waived but even at that things could easily change before we travel. Just too many permutations at the moment to make any plans but as long as cases remain low here and there is a possibility we can attend the home games then I am happy to go along with that. 
just hit the fecking thing
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 2:20pm
Covid cases appear to be rising in Bulgaria.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Éire2206 Éire2206 wrote:

I could be wrong but do Bulgaria not have a stadium ban for their next game, which we all thought would be their play off in March but that didn’t go ahead, so surely that ban is to be served against us.

Was it not one game ban (which has been served) and the 2nd game on a suspended basis meaning crowds allowed 
Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by Éire2206 Éire2206 wrote:

Was it not one game ban (which has been served) and the 2nd game on a suspended basis meaning crowds allowed 
Yeah it was, I was mistaken.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:25pm
I had a period of blind hope that maybe we could have fans at some of these away games, but I don't think that'll happen now.  I can only see cases rising across Europe again. Maybe we can go to games in Spring 2021 
It would damage this forums' reputation
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:35am
58 days to go until the opening games of the Nations League. 

You'd think UEFA would at least let us know by the end of this month if there'll be attendances permitted at the September games. Put us out of our misery and announce it instead of delaying the inevitable.  
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:39am
I think they have proven that fans are way down on their list of priorities.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

That goes without saying but you'd imagine the 50 odd football associations around Europe would be pressing them to make a decision on the individual FAs/countries to decide for themselves or if it will be a centralised decision from UEFA. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:14pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

That goes without saying but you'd imagine the 50 odd football associations around Europe would be pressing them to make a decision on the individual FAs/countries to decide for themselves or if it will be a centralised decision from UEFA. 

They'll mainly just want to make sure the games go ahead - The TV money is what most associations will be after the most. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:52pm

58 days to go until the opening games of the Nations League. 

You'd think UEFA would at least let us know by the end of this month if there'll be attendances permitted at the September games. Put us out of our misery and announce it instead of delaying the inevitable.  
Dont think its UEFAs decision to make really. No way they can tell Ireland that fans are permitted in Aviva stadium
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic