You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria Away Sep 3rd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 4:13pm
direct flight €230 day of the game and back Saturday booked Nikhy hotel €50 @ night b&b for 2 of us . 
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:31pm
Flights almost doubled since last night. I checked and they were around 50/60 going over one way to Sofia
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Flights almost doubled since last night. I checked and they were around 50/60 going over one way to Sofia

Sure Ryanair always jump on that. Happened even in the nations league last time.

Plenty of routes available. Unless it's a great price I'll be holding off pending the euros 
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Sure Ryanair always jump on that. Happened even in the nations league last time.

Plenty of routes available. Unless it's a great price I'll be holding off pending the euros 

Yeah same as myself, will probably wait till after the Playoffs. Always cheaper indirect routes available
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:49pm
Ryanair didn't jump on it to be fair, was plenty got seats at 150 return within the hour after the draw which isn't bad for a 3.5 hour flight 
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Booked the Central Point Boutique hotel,free cancellation,great prices ClapClap

Just booked the same. Cheap as chips and free cancellation. Not bad at all

Yep, that's one I booked Thumbs Up
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 6:47pm
I got a 5 star for 260 quid for 4 nights. I've only ever stayed in a 5 star twice before, so at that price it had to be done.
Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:05am
Any chance of this game not being in Sofia?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Éire2206 Éire2206 wrote:

There is always a chance.  They did play all 3 home games in 2018 in the National Stadium in Sofia.  They don't appear to have played a home game outside the capital for quite some time.  

I'd say possible but unlikely.  

davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 10:52am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

There is always a chance.  They did play all 3 home games in 2018 in the National Stadium in Sofia.  They don't appear to have played a home game outside the capital for quite some time.  

I'd say possible but unlikely.  

Just checked their historical results on Wikipedia which only goes as far back as 2000, and every home game has been in Sofia. I think this one is a safe bet
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 1:26pm
Stadium looks cat. But 44k, no issue with tickets. 

Are running tracks still going Dead
Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:06pm
What do people think we’ll take out to Sofia about six or seven hundred?
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 5:45pm
If memory serves me right the last time we played there the Bulgarian fans started a fire in their stands, and there was a fantastic play list of songs at half time.  

It would damage this forums' reputation
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

If memory serves me right the last time we played there the Bulgarian fans started a fire in their stands, and there was a fantastic play list of songs at half time.  

Remember the first not the second 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Remember the first not the second 
I think what happened was that they had some sort of firework which set the seat alight and the play list which had all of us happy was something about  Africa by Toto and they had a sign in the stands which said Toto , i did think that this was the sign we were all looking for to get to the World Cup but sadly not to be . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 11:54pm

What do people think we’ll take out to Sofia about six or seven hundred?

Depends on if we qualify for Euros or not really. Qualify and there won't be too many in Sofia, if we don't qualify, there will be a good bit of interest in the game as Kenny's first competitive one. Wouldn't think yer too far off with that estimation, direct flights gone dear, and while it is an easy enough place to get to with 2 flights, that will put a few off going. If it was a case there were 2 flights every day to Sofia, you could easily double that number. Sept games generally well attended in last few years though. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 8:03am
There were huge numbers in 2009 in the height of a recession and no direct flights. 

Hopefully we can bring at least 1500 to this one.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 11:30am
Wasn’t Moldova away straight after the Euros ?
We had decent numbers that night.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic