You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria Away Sep 3rd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulgaria Away Sep 3rd
    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 6:52am
No need to two threads on this one I don't think
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:51am
Are we definitely good to go with this trip though? 
I saw someone say on the Nations League thread that Bulgaria have to play their next home game (which happens to be against us) behind closed doors.  But someone else has said that they've already served that punishment.  They can't both be right. LOL

I've booked a hotel on free cancellation anyway, just in case. Big smile
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:56am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I saw someone say on the Nations League thread that Bulgaria have to play their next home game (which happens to be against us) behind closed doors.  But someone else has said that they've already served that punishment.  They can't both be right. LOL

Looks like it's served, so they got 2 games behind closed doors with the 2nd ban suspended so presume once they behave themselves we should be fine.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:56am

As of now definitely.  The Czech game in November was played behind closed doors.  

However they have a suspended ban and entertain Hungary this month and possibly Iceland/Romania.  Any further trouble and the ban will be enforced.  
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:57am
Can't make this game as don't have the time off. One of the lads in my job saw return flights through Frankfurt for €240. Was very temtpted to just go ahead and book.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:59am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Can't make this game as don't have the time off. One of the lads in my job saw return flights through Frankfurt for €240. Was very temtpted to just go ahead and book.

Won't bother with flights personally until after the playoffs, could have the cost of the euros on top so just going to wait and see, should be plenty of flight options 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 9:09am

This the 1 I'm going to have to give a miss too as well which is a pity as has makings of been a great trip if the stories from 09 are anything to go by
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 9:41am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

As of now definitely.  The Czech game in November was played behind closed doors.  

However they have a suspended ban and entertain Hungary this month and possibly Iceland/Romania.  Any further trouble and the ban will be enforced.  
So we'll need to keep eye on their playoffs and hope they behave themselves. Thanks lads. Thumbs Up
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

This the 1 I'm going to have to give a miss too as well which is a pity as has makings of been a great trip if the stories from 09 are anything to go by
Oh...please do tell...Big smileLOL
Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 9:43am
Belfast / Dublin to london and then onto sofia seems to be a cheap way might not still be though
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 11:13am
Got the direct return last night for 155, should be a decent crowd on it 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 11:34am
Where's a decent area to stay in sofia
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

We stayed in the area slightly south-west of Nevski Cathedral last time.  Handy enough to the bars and restaurants.
City Till I Die
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

We stayed in the area slightly south-west of Nevski Cathedral last time.  Handy enough to the bars and restaurants.
Cheers 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 2:16pm
Hotels are dirt cheap. Booked one bang in centre for 3 nights for £95.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 2:57pm
Booked it last night for 151, this morning it was up to 190 and now it's 315.
151 is very good considering how far it is.
The dark side.. And the light
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 3:50pm
Booked the Central Point Boutique hotel,free cancellation,great prices ClapClap
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Booked the Central Point Boutique hotel,free cancellation,great prices ClapClap

Just booked the same. Cheap as chips and free cancellation. Not bad at all
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic