You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Austria Friendlies.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:33am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

Holland and Ukraine are being mooted as the opposition in the 2 friendlies. 

I think I read somewhere that the Ukraine have since finalised their pre euro2020 schedule. However the Dutch in Thomand Park would be nice.

They have indeed, they're playing friendlies against Cyprus, the North and Israel at the start of June.

Edited by mouldymould - 17 Feb 2020 at 10:36am
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Back to Charlie P's Clap

Great bar,

Whatever happened to the Austrian lad who was on here given advise, wasn't he involved in something dodgy ? Or am I just imagining that?
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:01pm
what makes people think Vienna for the games 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:13pm
yeah can't see it being in Vienna, (hopefully). While Salzburg would be nice as someone mentioned here that Klagenfurt would be a front runner.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 2:43pm
Could be in Graz. +/- 16000 capacity. Sadly it's no longer the Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadium and is now called the Liebenauer Stadium Thumbs Down

Ask MaGee
ViennaFritz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViennaFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 2:44pm
"the Austrian lad who was on here given advise" - If its me whom you mean by this then I can only say I had not nothing to do with the troubles Charlie P´s WAS in during last summer. What is correct is that the former owner of the bar, who also founded it a long long time ago declared bancruptcy over both of his places, Charlie P´s and Brickmakers at the beginning of the summer 2019 and unfortunatly many people were left behind with unpaid bills and unpaid salaries. But the bar was re-opened again soo unde rnew owenership and managment, the former duty manager Ronan Smith, who some of you got to know during your visits, took the place and is now running it very successfully again, its a great place as every before to come for a pint.

And to make sure nobody here thinks I get paid by Charlie P´s let me tell you that there is also another new place in the area: Some former staff members of these two places now also work in a new Irish owned & managed bar called "The Long Hall", not far away from Charlie P´s, a pretty big place as well with numerous rooms, and aside from the susual suspects on tap in an Irish bar they serve Czech KOZEL-beer from gigantic copper tanks inside the bar: https://thelonghall.at
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by ViennaFritz ViennaFritz wrote:

"the Austrian lad who was on here given advise" - If its me whom you mean by this then I can only say I had not nothing to do with the troubles Charlie P´s WAS in during last summer. What is correct is that the former owner of the bar, who also founded it a long long time ago declared bancruptcy over both of his places, Charlie P´s and Brickmakers at the beginning of the summer 2019 and unfortunatly many people were left behind with unpaid bills and unpaid salaries. But the bar was re-opened again soo unde rnew owenership and managment, the former duty manager Ronan Smith, who some of you got to know during your visits, took the place and is now running it very successfully again, its a great place as every before to come for a pint.

And to make sure nobody here thinks I get paid by Charlie P´s let me tell you that there is also another new place in the area: Some former staff members of these two places now also work in a new Irish owned & managed bar called "The Long Hall", not far away from Charlie P´s, a pretty big place as well with numerous rooms, and aside from the susual suspects on tap in an Irish bar they serve Czech KOZEL-beer from gigantic copper tanks inside the bar: https://thelonghall.at
Good man Fritz, another panic averted.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:31pm

It was yourself indeed Fritz, I didn't know the full story and didn't mean to implicit yourself in any wrong doing or anything apologies if it came across that way. 

Found all your advice on here before very useful as I suppose many others did. 

ViennaFritz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViennaFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:39pm
All good mate, no bother ! :-)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 7:27pm

All good mate, no bother ! :-)
Good to hear from you again Fritz Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 2:30am
Well thats just great news!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Well thats just great news!

if you have any leave left Cry  given that

minimum 3 potential 6 playoff SF & F

Minimum 3 Bilbao

Possible 9 NL aways

And that's not counting any home games which you might take off

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:10pm
CHarlyps is still going grand,Ronan’s doing a great job ,muppet who had it previously got a bit greedy and made a bollocks of things ,Karl who has been to a few aways with us was a barman there and has Since opened up his own pub -Long Hall,there’s a good chance Salzburg could be a venue , I’ve seen a few pre tournament games here ,Spain v South Korea and Russia v Cameroon ,Klagenfurt has a lovely stadium,built for Euro 2018 but is normally unused apart from the odd cup final or concert ,bit of a sleepy town though ,nice lake there but not much else going on.

Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 5:12pm

CHarlyps is still going grand,Ronan’s doing a great job ,muppet who had it previously got a bit greedy and made a bollocks of things ,Karl who has been to a few aways with us was a barman there and has Since opened up his own pub -Long Hall,there’s a good chance Salzburg could be a venue , I’ve seen a few pre tournament games here ,Spain v South Korea and Russia v Cameroon ,Klagenfurt has a lovely stadium,built for Euro 2018 but is normally unused apart from the odd cup final or concert ,bit of a sleepy town though ,nice lake there but not much else going on.

Outdoor pints in the Augustiner would go down really well in June!
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 5:23pm
hope its Salzburg go see JP perform his Euro 2020 single live after his  stunning dance in France.
Sure he an shoot  the video Matchday 

Edited by Missy - 18 Feb 2020 at 5:23pm
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Augistiner is absolute class Clap, they have a policy which doesn’t allow football fans or stag parties etc ,go in plain clothes be grand.
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 6:51pm

Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Augistiner is absolute class Clap, they have a policy which doesn’t allow football fans or stag parties etc ,go in plain clothes be grand.

Been there quite a few times, have a mug at home even! Have a mate in Salz so try to get over once a year.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 8:24pm
I better get practising my German.

''Vot ist your name?''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic