You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New rte documentary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Anyone overseas stuck for a link for either part, just post here and will PM you.

Yes please
Sponsored Links

theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 2:11pm
PMs sent, if I missed anyone just let me know
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 2:29pm
Just looking for both parts for a chap in Manchester, if possible, PM. Cheers.
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:10am
I would like a link to both parts also, please
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:39pm

Anyone overseas stuck for a link for either part, just post here and will PM you.

Me too, please. Thanks in advance.
TireoinAbu View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TireoinAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 2:34pm
me too pls. In Corona isolation abroad Confused
Thanks
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Do you reckon loads declined to be a part of it? Irwin, Keane, Brady etc.

Was all Aldo. And 'Cas'. He's aged badly. My god.

That game in 95 was insane, everyone missed a beat there leaving that happen. 

FYI, Never realised it was a friendly. Absolutely insane decision for a few quid. How bad were the keepers back then? Howlers all over the place. The goal scored in that 95 game was shocking LOL
Are you only noticing now the English Irishman are the darlings of the media ahead of the Irish Irishman !

Paddy English Irishman, Paddy Irish Irishman and Paddy Scottish Irishman walk into a bar.

King Benny can you write the rest of the joke? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

I recall there being quite a bit of coverage in the papers back in 1995 about failures in security, e.g. letting known groups of hooligans and the likes of Combat18 travel over to the game. There had been some intelligence received that this was going to happen and I think the reaction was lax.

The documentary was a nice piece of nostalgia. It's for the broad market, not intended for hard core supporters, so it wasn't going to get into a lot of detail on each qualifying campaign. It was also a lovely tribute to Charlton. He's not well, so it almost felt like an obituary at the end.

What happened was that the English fans had been contained there in the 1990 game that Cas equalised in. They had a ring of uniformed Gardai around them who were straight in when any of them stepped out of line. There was killings on O'Connell St that night but other than a rain of coins and lighters onto the South Terrace after the equaliser there was no trouble in the ground.

As a nod to the peace process in 95, the bonkers decision to have plain clothes guards instead of uniformed was taken. They tried to get involved when trouble broke out but no one paid any attention to them. How anyone thought that putting that shower in the top deck without any proper policing going on is beyond me. The trouble in the North terrace never gets mentioned either when some idiot copper or steward opened the gate to the schoolboy pen, when that section had been given to the English, at the same time they were clearing the rest of the terrace. They ran under the terrace and burst through the exit we were leaving from to get onto the pitch. Blessed it wasn't more serious, was lifted off my feet and pushed about two or three metres back by the surge. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:11pm

PMs sent, if I missed anyone just let me know
Forward them onto me please  
hairybowsie View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairybowsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 6:45pm

Would appreciate a link too! Thanks a lot in advance. 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:54pm
Part 1 lads

Part 2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2TgiKmnDI

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 28 Mar 2020 at 5:56pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Part 1 lads

Part 2

Clap
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Part 1 lads

Part 2

Clap

Rewatched it last night. Great times Clap
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:23am
Wrote this today - 25 years on - In Spring 1995 JC was on the cusp of Euro' 96 while the band Oasis were about to record an album which would see them conquer the music world.

If you've got 10 minute's...see link below...Cheers

https://thefootballfaithful.com/jack-charltons-last-days-of-champagne-supernova/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic