You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia v Ireland - Ticket needed list

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by rossconnolly96 rossconnolly96 wrote:

If buying a ticket off someone who was succesful in the portal is there anyway for them to get your name on the ticket? Surely people with numerous season tickets on one account will have to put each persons name down 
current position seems to be no. Tickets were allocated to those that matched the criteria ie deserved them. If other names are submitted the ticket will be redistributed..All tickets must have the ticket holders name on and id will be checked as the Welsh fans found out. Indeed welsh fans who flogged their tickets on to other supporters who were subsequently denied admission, had their own records wiped as a punishment. Not sure if FAI will go down that road but I would hope they would.
Sponsored Links

rossconnolly96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossconnolly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:29pm
Yeah completely makes sense and is very fair but bit of a pain if people genuinely plan on going and then cant make it, waste of a ticket at that stage if the individual cant sell it off, hopefully they arent to strict on it at the stadium
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 9:52pm

If buying a ticket off someone who was succesful in the portal is there anyway for them to get your name on the ticket? Surely people with numerous season tickets on one account will have to put each persons name down 

You provided a name and travel details to the FAI for each application.  So if you applied via a SC or fans direct the ticket is allocted to a named individual.  It would appear that name and possibly other details will be printed on the ticket.  

Reading the Welsh forum there were checks in Croatia, Hungary and Slovakia.  Indeed Croatia didn't even allow a photocopy of a passport.  I would have thought leaving a passport in the hotel with lots of photocopies around your person is a good idea for many of our fans who enjoy themselves before a late game.  I prefer to watch us sober and drink later but would still be nervous of bringing my passport around. 

MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 10:37pm
Anyone a link to where they said they were refused ? 
And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by MisterX MisterX wrote:

Anyone a link to where they said they were refused ? 
It was on a welsh FA newsletter and the FAW advised the FAW advised the FAI. This is not the FAI acting off their own steam to put the frighteners on people by printing names on the tickets of another association, this is a Slovakian requirement.
MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:23am
Ah I see. I highly doubt it will be an issue 
And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:39am

Thats what almost 80 Welsh fans thought along with the fellow Welsh fans that sold on their tickets that subsequently had their records with the FAW wiped. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Thats what almost 80 Welsh fans thought along with the fellow Welsh fans that sold on their tickets that subsequently had their records with the FAW wiped. 

Wales have been travelling in large numbers - 80 sounds quite small and a percentage of those that would’ve exchanged tickets I would guess. 

We have heard these plans multiple times in the past also. Not saying it won’t happen but it will be a first.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Wales have been travelling in large numbers - 80 sounds quite small and a percentage of those that would’ve exchanged tickets I would guess. 

We have heard these plans multiple times in the past also. Not saying it won’t happen but it will be a first.
ah yeah I know, but for once there’s s proof that it has happened and, it would appear these lads take this stuff seriously. There have already been number of enquiries posted on here about changing names and/or just rocking up and chancing it, so id imagine the TO have a number of them too. Id hate to see anyone turned away but at the same time if the Slovaks do indeed implement what they have done previously, it would drive a further nail in ticket harvesting (not a huge issue for this admittedly) and/or any touts amongst us as the Slovaks have no issue with sharing the info with the relevant visiting association it would appear.

Either way, its a buyer beware situation. The advice has been issued so up to the individual after that.

Edited by Sham157 - 14 Feb 2020 at 1:28am
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:40am
Here are some links to the Welsh boards on Croatia and Hungary.  I can't find anything on Slovakia.  

I do know some Welsh fans and they said fans were turned away at all 3 games.  

I believe this is different to the typical names on tickets for major finals which are not checked.

There has to be a huge chance you will not get into the stadium if the name on your ticket doesn't match that of your passport.  

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:45am
That reads there that the Welsh FA were turning people away from the ground. 
redlad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:01am

Mouldymould
Simba
gillysome
caseballs
irishmufc
Shanem120
Juicebomb x 2
Kevin M
Salzburg
Daithi ( for a friend traveling)
The Green Werewolf
StayPuft
OnTheOneRoad
Mr X
Beavi
Canteen x 2
FeckZlatan
Rebelarmy91 x2
redlad
rossconnolly96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossconnolly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:22am
Yeah sounds fair, do you expect the FAI to allow the person that succesfully bought the ticket to be able to amend name on ticket if for whatever reason they have to sell on the ticket? Could result in a large amount of wasted tickets if this is implemented heavily.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I didn’t read it like that at all??sounded like the stewards to me 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:11am
It 100% happened to the Welsh in Croatia but there was nothing about them being checked in Trnava until the last week or so as the story grew legs as far as I know and seen on a Welsh Facebook that they didn’t get checked in Slovakia but who knows as its in a newish stadium in Bratislava now so it could happen. Anyone that’s been to games around Europe knows that it’s common enough certainly in Italy where I have even checked before and also surprising Austria too for a Rapid Vienna game so it does happen.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I didn’t read it like that at all??sounded like the stewards to me 

Yes, Rob Phillips and his sidekicks said there was 1 turnstile open and that they were checking ID

Think i misread this bit, assumed Rob Phillips was some FAW blazer

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 14 Feb 2020 at 11:25am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

It 100% happened to the Welsh in Croatia but there was nothing about them being checked in Trnava until the last week or so as the story grew legs as far as I know and seen on a Welsh Facebook that they didn’t get checked in Slovakia but who knows as its in a newish stadium in Bratislava now so it could happen. Anyone that’s been to games around Europe knows that it’s common enough certainly in Italy where I have even checked before and also surprising Austria too for a Rapid Vienna game so it does happen.

I've also been in many a game where my id has been checked and I have just crossed out the original name and written my own. Happens all the time with Celtic.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:25pm

Yeah sounds fair, do you expect the FAI to allow the person that succesfully bought the ticket to be able to amend name on ticket if for whatever reason they have to sell on the ticket? Could result in a large amount of wasted tickets if this is implemented heavily.
With all due respect Ross, it appears that you are repeating the same question in the hope of getting the answer you want. There will be a deadline to submit names for the tickets. This much match the name on the initial application. If it doesn’t or people then cant travel, the ticket/s will be reissued. 

In the case that someone can’t travel at even shorter notice, which would be a very small number, the option to return these to the FAI would remain open until a few days or so before the game. After that then yes, there is the chance a few tickets would remain unsued, but this is a risk with any game and is unfortunate but it happens.

I’d politely suggest that you or whoever you are referencing, contact the TO and ask them directly to put you out of your misery.

Edited by Sham157 - 14 Feb 2020 at 1:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic