You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 821822823824825 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 9:33am
No more last orders being called during the Home and Away ad break Clap
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Over 3500 COVID deaths recorded in the US yesterday, Tis hard enough to believe we’re out of the woods just yet. 

That said it’s great to see the excitement about reopening, from pubs and clubs to just people looking forward to being able to see larger family and friend groups. 

The power of the vaccine programme.  Before anyone is congratulating planning on his post above this is a poster who has consistantly underplayed the severity of the disease since the beginning.  We are opening because of our vaccine takeup simple as that. 

I'm not going to go back through all his posts but I think time will tell, the restrictions had been far too severe at times.

However, I did agree with it at the start when we didn't know what we were dealing with. 

We were also too slow in getting rid of restrictions once the vulnerable were vaccinated.

The change in guidelines just before Xmas were laughable - as has been shown to be the case less tha 4 weeks after Xmas. There was no need for them and nearly shut down the country with ridiculous close contact guidelines, etc 

Time to bin the masks now too Thumbs Up

Edited by Wheelo - 22 Jan 2022 at 10:15am
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 10:25am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:05am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Go back to what they were doing before; racism, xenophobia, etc.

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Over 3500 COVID deaths recorded in the US yesterday, Tis hard enough to believe we’re out of the woods just yet. 

That said it’s great to see the excitement about reopening, from pubs and clubs to just people looking forward to being able to see larger family and friend groups. 

The power of the vaccine programme.  Before anyone is congratulating planning on his post above this is a poster who has consistantly underplayed the severity of the disease since the beginning.  We are opening because of our vaccine takeup simple as that. 

I'm not going to go back through all his posts but I think time will tell, the restrictions had been far too severe at times.

However, I did agree with it at the start when we didn't know what we were dealing with. 

We were also too slow in getting rid of restrictions once the vulnerable were vaccinated.

The change in guidelines just before Xmas were laughable - as has been shown to be the case less tha 4 weeks after Xmas. There was no need for them and nearly shut down the country with ridiculous close contact guidelines, etc 

Time to bin the masks now too Thumbs Up

Lots of Monday morning quarterbacking going on. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:42am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Should have watched t on +1....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 6:53pm
The sound of Squad Cars and Ambulances around the capital this evening it's definitely over.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:27pm
Enjoy your restrictionless day everyone. Been a long time coming
It would damage this forums' reputation
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 8:55pm

Before anyone is congratulating planning on his post above this is a poster who has consistantly underplayed the severity of the disease since the beginning.  We are opening because of our vaccine takeup simple as that. 

And no wonder when you see the thread title. "Remain Calm. Do Not Panic".

We have lifted some of the restrictions because Omicron with it's "20 spike proteins" is harmless compared to the earlier variants. We found that out after about 3 or 4 days notice. But it took another 6 weeks for the Department of Hardship, and their useless, gaffe prone ("500k more cases", "2k more DEATHS by the end of September because of pubs open", "higher grade masks") mouthpiece, to recognise that.

The virus has a 97%+ survival rate, so I chose not to panic. I took my three vaccines, and have the scars and the side effects to prove it. Finally we've just started to see some payback for doing it, but imo we can't celebrate until we can walk into a workplace or a shop or a bus, or even visit a hospital, without being hounded and berated for masks as soon as we walk in the door. That day can't come soon enough for me. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 9:59pm
What a snowflake.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 8:54am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

What a snowflake.
+1
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 10:42am
Honestly, it's a f**king face mask like LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 10:51am
Imagine three years ago being told that you'll have to carry a mask wherever you go and put it on your face every time you want to go into a shop or place of business for the next 24 months. It's exhausting at this stage, regardless of personal beliefs about its effectiveness.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 29 Jan 2022 at 10:52am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Imagine three years ago being told that you'll have to carry a mask wherever you go and put it on your face every time you want to go into a shop or place of business for the next 24 months. It's exhausting at this stage, regardless of personal beliefs about its effectiveness.

Imagine how Batman must feel
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:08am
Come on. Exhausting LOLit's a piece of cloth on your face like. I think we can endure and overcome the horrors of a light object on our face for a little while longer 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:15am
Exhausting LOLLOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:22am
I've said my piece, Chrissy.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:28am
LOL Another classic 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 821822823824825 839>
  Share Topic