You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 727728729730731 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 11:17am
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/arts-culture-entertainment/652530/breaking-health-minister-believes-electric-picnic-unlikely-to-happen.html  Thought this would be used as a test event. Disappointing seeing as any adult that wants it will be fully vaccinated by then and we see Britain battering on with events like this. Don't see how the picture will be any better in the future so you'd have to wonder when we are actually going to get on with large scale events again with or without proof of vaccine
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 11:42am
For anyone that’s interested, the HSE card that you get when you’re vaccinated was enough to enter France. Didn’t need a negative PCR test and I don’t have a Digital Covid cert. The chap at passport control in Cherbourg only glanced at the card.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 28 Jul 2021 at 11:43am
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yes my understanding was there was both there yesterday.  Some
Brides who their day had been ruined because they could only have 50 at the wedding rather than 100 and some from
Industry trying to say they are a vital industry.  

As I said beyond satire. 

I feel for people who were meant to get married during covid, I really do. My own brothers wedding wasn't only reduced in numbers last year but also a last minute change of venue after a staff member at the original venue got covid. But surely a wedding is a want and not a need.

I agree and when the numbers are small it is an issue.  But sorry going from 50 to 100 is purely in the need of wants as nobody needs to have more than 50 at a wedding.  The protest yesterday was laughable and for anyone to think it worked is also laughable.  The plan was to move to 100 in August anyway and they just followed through on their promise.  Protesting in bridal dresses was laughable.  1st world problems. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

I wonder were any of the lads on here at the wedding protest in Dublin city centre today #supportthebrides 

The most entitled protect of all time.  Beyond satire. 

No, but belittling people who don't have a clue how many people they can invite to one of the biggest days of their lives even though it might take place in a couple of weeks smacks of the I'm all right, screw the rest attitude you continue to possess on this thread...They put a bit of pressure on and it appeared to work anyway. Fair play.

That’s one of hell of an allegations,  please post up evidence there please.  Just to say I missed the birth of my baby girl due to the restrictions but sure you suck it up and I agreed with them at the time and there was far greater suffering than my minor inconvenience at the time.  Having a wedding of a 50 or 100 is far down the food chain in my opinion. 

Having more than 50 at a wedding is a luxury not a necessity simple as that. Of all the hardships that people have put up with during covid from lost jobs to deaths to not being with their loved ones when they died or married etc or cancelled weddings etc etc  being restricted to 50 is not a hardship at all.  As I said beyond satire and laughable that they would protest about it. 

Edited by Baldrick - 28 Jul 2021 at 1:16pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:14pm

Brides who their day had been ruined because they could only have 50 at the wedding rather than 100 and some from

As I said beyond satire. 

I feel for people who were meant to get married during covid, I really do. My own brothers wedding wasn't only reduced in numbers last year but also a last minute change of venue after a staff member at the original venue got covid. But surely a wedding is a want and not a need.

I agree and when the numbers are small it is an issue.  But sorry going from 50 to 100 is purely in the need of wants as nobody needs to have more than 50 at a wedding.  The protest yesterday was laughable and for anyone to think it worked is also laughable.  The plan was to move to 100 in August anyway and they just followed through on their promise.  Protesting in bridal dresses was laughable.  1st world problems. 
You’ve no problem with people going to BLM protests when it doesn’t have anything to do with them yet when someone is protesting about something that might affect them like wedding numbers for their big day you have a problem with that.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

As I said beyond satire. 

You’ve no problem with people going to BLM protests when it doesn’t have anything to do with them yet when someone is protesting about something that might affect them like wedding numbers for their big day you have a problem with that.

😀😀😀 yeah of course one is standing in solidarity with people who have suffered and are discriminated against and by doing it for other people it’s not a selfish act.  

The other is because you can’t have 50 extra people beyond your immediate family and friends at a wedding.  So of course I support the former not the latter.   Was that meant to be a retort 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:23pm
LOL great comparison 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:24pm

As I said beyond satire. 

😀😀😀 yeah of course one is standing in solidarity with people who have suffered and are discriminated against and by doing it for other people it’s not a selfish act.  

The other is because you can’t have 50 extra people beyond your immediate family and friends at a wedding.  So of course I support the former not the latter.   Was that meant to be a retort 😀😀😀
Well you’re in the minority as far as weddings are concerned but you’ve controversial views on nearly every topic think it’s all just for a reaction now.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:30pm

As I said beyond satire. 

Well you’re in the minority as far as weddings are concerned but you’ve controversial views on nearly every topic think it’s all just for a reaction now.
I agree why do you need 50 extra people at a wedding? I'd say the brides insta accounts are going through the roof, in a wedding dress outside Leinster house!!  All a load of rubbish imo i know lots of people who would only be too happy to have 50 or under at their weddings.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:38pm

As I said beyond satire. 

What controversial view have I expressed here.  As far as I could see the protests on Twitter and other places got derided as the ultimate in privilege 😀😀😀. 

I think most of my views are centre ground to be honest.  Not sure what controversial views I have expressed on this thread.  Either way it’s not about me, I was just pointing out there protest was laughable and the beyond satire and tone deaf to be honest.   I am glad they can have 100 at their weddings.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:43pm
if anyone is looking to be controversial is you trying to say that the wedding protest is more justified than people
Supporting the BLM protests 😀😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:44pm
Had 19 at my wedding in 2019. Ahead of the trend. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:45pm
Couple of friends that were hit by the Covid stuff and have had to postpone their weddings I have advised the following to consider:
1. Do it on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
2. Invite 50-70 of the most important people to you, the most important people will be able to make it anyway with enough notice. The rest of the 50-130 people that you would have normally felt you had to invite you wouldn't really miss them not being there.
3. You can get your venue half the price compared to (a) the extra cost of a weekend and (b) the minimum numbers the venues make you have if doing it on the weekend .
4, You can potentially make it a 2 day wedding with your closest 50-70 for the price of 1 day on a Friday or Saturday. 

Both have said "no wouldn't do that" and are holding out for the big weddings on a Friday/Saturday but I bet when it's all said and done and that 1 day goes by so quick and they look back at what they spent for that one day, I wonder will their tune be changed. I certainly think I would do it differently. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:46pm
Or just do what I did, go to Vegas with your mrs and 14 of your mates for the week and tear it up.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:51pm

if anyone is looking to be controversial is you trying to say that the wedding protest is more justified than people

The BLM protest comparison gave me the chuckle i needed today LOLLOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:52pm

You’re the one moaning about the wedding protests I’m just saying you’ve no problem with the BLM protests so if people want to protest about wedding numbers that’s their business respect their right to protest aswell no matter how you think it comes across.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:57pm

You’re the one moaning about the wedding protests I’m just saying you’ve no problem with the BLM protests so if people want to protest about wedding numbers that’s their business respect their right to protest aswell no matter how you think it comes across.

I didn’t say they should be banned from protesting.  They are free to Protest but I am also free to point out how tone deaf and out of touch and privileged it is.  Then you tried saying I was being controversial and you are the one comparing it to BLM which is laughable in the extreme.  You don’t have a point to make here at all.  
AKA pedantic kunt
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOL great comparison 

BLM v increased numbers at weddings. Throw in the protests at The Passion of Saint Tibulus screening and you've got an episode of Primetime that I'll watch. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 727728729730731 839>
  Share Topic