You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 676677678679680 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I'd be shocked if we reopen further on July 5th. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 2:01pm

Indoor boozing won’t happen on July 5th. Whatever about indoor dining, normal pubs won’t be open. 

Edited by 9fingers - 23 Jun 2021 at 2:02pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Indoor boozing won’t happen on July 5th. Whatever about indoor dining, normal pubs won’t be open. 
How do you know that ? And on what rationale?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 2:06pm

How do you know that ? And what's the rationale behind the decision?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Sure look at everything around us. 100 at LOI games, ridiculous test events in huge fields with people in pods, our refusal to use antigen testing, our overly cautious approach up this day isn’t going to suddenly change. I’d be absolutely shocked if “wet pubs” Dead (i hate that phrase) open as planned. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 2:39pm

Sure look at everything around us. 100 at LOI games, ridiculous test events in huge fields with people in pods, our refusal to use antigen testing, our overly cautious approach up this day isn’t going to suddenly change. I’d be absolutely shocked if “wet pubs” Dead (i hate that phrase) open as planned. 

Get your points, very frustrating by the ultra conservatism of the country. I thought we had moved on but covid has exposed the true nature of Ireland and the mindset of official Ireland.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 2:49pm

Get your points, very frustrating by the ultra conservatism of the country. I thought we had moved on but covid has exposed the true nature of Ireland and the mindset of official Ireland.
Testing testing and more testing is the only way to keep our plans in line but this won’t happen. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 3:55pm

Why are people going along with this and thinking it's ok? It's absolutely mental! We have negligible numbers in hospital and and ICU and have the vulnerable vaccinated. What is our end goal here? Do we have one or are we just happy to let NPHET carry on running the show. Their remit is to look at public health and nothing else so of course their recommendations are going to be cautious but the government needs to stand up and say enough is enough. We need to get on with it. I don't even mean a free for all but not the ridiculous excuses for entertainment that the pervious poster has mentioned.

Why are other countries not losing the run of themselves over Delta like we are despite us being in an excellent position. UK stalled their full reopening which is fair enough but we are nowhere near where they are yet. Denmark have plenty of similarities to us re population, rate of vaccination etc and a lower mortality rate yet we are still persevering with our abundance of caution. It really worries me that noone has ever given an indication of a full reopening here. We flattened the curve, locked down for months on end, kept the hospitals from bring over run, we held firm and despite the fact of all this there's more threats not to reopen society. And before people say we are reopening, we are a million miles behind every other country. 

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 3:57pm

Testing testing and more testing is the only way to keep our plans in line but this won’t happen. 
Exactly, like Denmark are doing but sure the antigen tests are 'snake oil' supposedly. And you wonder why people get driven towards conspiracy theories...They nearly make more sense at this stageCry
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Why are people going along with this and thinking it's ok?

Because anyone that questions it is accused of being a Covidite, anti vaccine, etc.

It’s a complete joke at this stage, can’t believe people are still swallowing this bullsh*t! 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Why are people going along with this and thinking it's ok?

Because anyone that questions it is accused of being a Covidite, anti vaccine, etc.

It’s a complete joke at this stage, can’t believe people are still swallowing this bullsh*t! 

I think one of the reasons may be cautious to challenge this may be down to the fact that many did challenge in December and were ultimately proved wrong then.
That isn't to say that it isn't right to question this now given the different landscape. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 4:40pm
Wanting to open up now is perfectly normal, as you say, given the different landscape with the ever increasing amount of vaccinations and the ever decreasing amount of people in ICU. While everyone was proved wrong in the winter, it's unlikely to repeat itself.

Over a year later, with a vaccination programme gathering pace, and just under 300 cases yesterday, and there's still no strategy to "live with Covid". It's farcical. 

The doom and gloom merchants in the media will be demanding another lockdown when everything does re-open and we experience greater case numbers. But that's an inevitability with re-opening, and should be treated as such.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Wanting to open up now is perfectly normal, as you say, given the different landscape with the ever increasing amount of vaccinations and the ever decreasing amount of people in ICU. While everyone was proved wrong in the winter, it's unlikely to repeat itself.

Over a year later, with a vaccination programme gathering pace, and just under 300 cases yesterday, and there's still no strategy to "live with Covid". It's farcical. 

The doom and gloom merchants in the media will be demanding another lockdown when everything does re-open and we experience greater case numbers. But that's an inevitability with re-opening, and should be treated as such.

Well over 300 cases today: https://twitter.com/COVID19IECharts/status/1407739869267365890

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:45pm
Added hospitalisation graphs to the daily tweets: https://twitter.com/COVID19IECharts/status/1407739739176845312

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Well over 300 cases today: https://twitter.com/COVID19IECharts/status/1407739869267365890

Any idea of the 7 day average?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 6:12pm

Edited by The Huntacha - 23 Jun 2021 at 6:13pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 6:40pm

Any idea of the 7 day average?
327: https://tetsujin1979.github.io/covid19dashboard/?dataSelection=cases&dateSelection=lastTwoMonths&displayType=graph&graphType=rollingSevenDayAverage&trendLine=false

It's been ticking up in the last few days

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 23 Jun 2021 at 6:41pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 7:31pm
Are hospitalizations going up? There's only been about 40 in the whole country in the last week. If that continues to be stable and even dropping, what is the argument not to open up with still some restrictions (2m, table of 6, have to book) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 676677678679680 839>
  Share Topic