You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 657658659660661 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 10:04am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Can anyone advise why donegal has by and large been at the top of the charts regarding incidence rates since the very beginning of this? Do they just generally flout the rules more? 

Bandit country.  The boy racer capital of Western Europe.  There are no laws in Donegal.  Their two favourite pastimes are breathing on each other and crashing cars.
😂😂
How is this supposed to be funny? Making light of road traffic accidents? 

Don’t take life too seriously.
I don’t take life seriously but if you are amused by comments like that maybe have a look at your own life. Absolutely needless from TJ trying to get a laugh
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

south William street packed with people out drinking......we’ll never learn.

One in a thousand cases comes from outdoor transmission, so one every other day, would suggest people have learnt after that news come out - meetings outdoors are by and large safe. 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 10:51am
Record number of first doses administered on Friday: https://twitter.com/COVID19IECharts/status/1388790745914613763?

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

*waits for Ringerbell's furious reaction

What's happening here isn't great in terms of cases at the minute but has been like this for last 4-6 weeks yet cmo, Stephen donnelly etc decided didn't need any extra testing centers etc. 

Now as we get closer to the date of reopening and the nationally rate is still higher than they would like they need a scapegoat and donegal is the prime candidate for that role. 

Anyone that has been to donegal will know about the vast size of the county yet we still only have 1 testing center and the walk in testing center was only opened recently also in letterkenny. A lot of the positive cases at the minute are in inishowen which is an area that has been struggling with case numbers since turn of the year why have they not opened a test center there yet we have seen this happen in other parts of the country 

In terms what is happening now you are seeing the effects of long periods of lockdown donegal has been in level 5 lockdown since October bar a very short period of time in December. With all the will in the world people will eventually struggle with this way of life and rebel against it and donegal is a country that doesn't like doing what government tells us since they only remember we exist in times of crisis 

For what it's worth I don't agree with people flaunting the rules as unfortunately I see it keeping us in level 5 when other parts of the country open up but if this happens for donegal then any area that is over the national number should be treated in a similar fashion 
need a scapegoat - you’re been a bit thin skinned there. Other parts of the country before the walk in test centres were set up have managed to keep the numbers down. Donegal people do as they please more than most and that’s it - cause and effect. Exceptionalism not Rebellion.

The health minister was advised roughly 4 weeks ago that donegal and in particular inishowen needed a walk in test center yet here we are with the case numbers still high and still no confirmation of a test center in this area. They preached about donegal this week yet 6 or 7 new test centers were announced yesterday and none of them is in the county 

The cmo mentioned cases coming from parties, wakes, and communion parties are the reason for high case numbers in donegal which I don't doubt have played a part but no word about the mass outbreaks in school's here I work within number of schools here in the county and know of 3 that have had a mass outbreak of covid in last month. 

The scapegoat comment is due to what everyone is talking about in terms of covid right now which is donegal and not the 80% vaccinated target for June etc its very easy to say things without giving the full picture 

*note I've never once said they aren't people acting the **** in the county in terms of the restrictions but every county has the same for every person doing that they're someone doing what they need to do my own area on the county has had no cases this week and other parts like bundoran have had low numbers for majority of the last year. When other counties had high numbers and were put into stricter restrictions I don't remember as much negative coverage happening but when it's donegal it's free game
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

south William street packed with people out drinking......we’ll never learn.

One in a thousand cases comes from outdoor transmission, so one every other day, would suggest people have learnt after that news come out - meetings outdoors are by and large safe. 

Exactly...Have to be an absolute curtain twitcher to still get annoyed by this 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 12:36pm
Not surprised that South Donegal has an average far lower than the National one. Was up in my hometown, Donegal Town and I was surprised to see how compliant people were compared to Dublin. All the businesses were very careful. A lot of people wearing masks outdoor walking too. I met with a couple of friends on the diamond to go for a walk and I felt people were staring at us. Also people moved well out of your way as you walked past them, although they did that before CovidLOL You'd hope that they would put more centres for testing around the county. I agree with the lads comments about being forgotten....People will call it sour grapes but there's definitely truth in it. Has defo created a siege mentality
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 12:58pm
Lets get covid.  That'll teach those pesky Irish Government people sticking their nose into our affairs.. They didn't want to know us before when all we were known for was our straw hats and shocking taste in music.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:18pm

Lets get covid.  That'll teach those pesky Irish Government people sticking their nose into our affairs.. They didn't want to know us before when all we were known for was our straw hats and shocking taste in music.

Do you ever take a day of from posting sh*te on here. Donegal known for a lot more than that and people that come from the county a lot better than the likes of you who sits in your glass house pointing fingers remind me didn't you travel down the country to attend a mass gathering on a roundabout 🤔 

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:25pm

Jesus...One brother leaves the forum and the other is back with a vengeanceEmbarrassed 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:26pm

Do you ever take a day of from posting sh*te on here. Donegal known for a lot more than that and people that come from the county a lot better than the likes of you who sits in your glass house pointing fingers remind me didn't you travel down the country to attend a mass gathering on a roundabout 🤔 

but but but numbers were low and he had a mask on his neck

Edited by thebronze14 - 02 May 2021 at 1:39pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:29pm

These Donegal people are touchy.  Probably don't want any sort of outsiders finding out what happens in their hay barns besides country music and line dancing.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Jesus...One brother leaves the forum and the other is back with a vengeanceEmbarrassed 

I think there's a souped up Fiat Punto waiting to be written off if you have nothing better to do

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:37pm

These Donegal people are touchy.  Probably don't want any sort of outsiders finding out what happens in their hay barns besides country music and line dancing.

We don't need to wonder what goes on in your glass house anyways sitting there with your100masks on would say you 1 of these people who slaps a condom on before you have a wank remember you can never be to carefully

Now if you would like ro continue with a proper debate on the issues happening in donegal we can but going on your posts over the last year or so Iwonder if them few brain cells you like to use on here would be capable of such a thing 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:39pm

Learn to spell before you use the intelligence card  LOL

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:41pm

I think there's a souped up Fiat Punto waiting to be written off if you have nothing better to do

Lovely post, classy man. Get back to your day job now of trying to get that Jack Charlton statue builtClap 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:42pm

Lovely post, classy man. Get back to your day job now of trying to get that Jack Charlton statue builtClap 

I will.  Just try not to crash into it with your car when it gets put up.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:48pm

So we continuing on this road are we no shock people like you can never back up anything you say I'm sure if I go back on here you will have attacked someone for talking about certain topics yet road traffic accidents are free game when you want to attack donegal 

I didn't attack intelligence either simply implied you choose to only use small number of brain cells on here and your posts are there for everyone to see and will back this view up. Now go you back to your glass house and put more masks on didn't you hear about the new donegal variant you can catch it from any interaction even via online Nuke
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:54pm

So we continuing on this road are we no shock people like you can never back up anything you say I'm sure if I go back on here you will have attacked someone for talking about certain topics yet road traffic accidents are free game when you want to attack donegal 

I didn't attack intelligence either simply implied you choose to only use small number of brain cells on here and your posts are there for everyone to see and will back this view up. Now go you back to your glass house and put more masks on didn't you hear about the new donegal variant you can catch it from any interaction even via online Nuke

Most of the road traffic accidents in Donegal are nobody's fault bar the reckless idiots who drive there.  The only victims are the innocent people they kill so don't go playing the victim card either for your own counties gobsh*tes driving like Ayrton Senna on a hump back road killing all in the car. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 657658659660661 839>
  Share Topic