You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 656657658659660 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Have the Stormont executive announced that this is going to happen here as well on 21st June?
I thought it was just in GB

You can guarantee Edwin Poots will be following the advice of the Prime Minister. It’s going to be nearly impossible for all of the U.K. not to leave together. As you can travel between all freely in GB and then via ports etc in Belfast. It would a farce if it didn’t. Northern Ireland begun vaccinated healthy 30 year olds today, if anything they’re ahead of England. There’s an argument social distancing should end sooner. The U.K went into these lockdowns and restrictions together, I suspect we all leave it together. That’ll be Boris’s dream/aim one would suspect.

The north have been slower to open things up than across the water throughout this sure. 

Boris annnounced that ages ago that everything would be back to normal by June 21st, among his other dates for easing of restrictions. 
Stormont said they wouldn't necessarily be following those dates, and haven't done so yet either

Topper is talking out of his hole as usual.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

to be honest keeping 2ms away from most people other than those you love is not a bad policy in life in general.  Not always possible in public transport etc but I certainly have zero interest in being within 2m of strangers if I can help it. 

What if it’s an 18 year old girl?

LOL

Well I am in a long term relationship so wouldn’t be interested for that and many other reasons.  

What’s your point? 
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 3:03pm

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

to be honest keeping 2ms away from most people other than those you love is not a bad policy in life in general.  Not always possible in public transport etc but I certainly have zero interest in being within 2m of strangers if I can help it. 

What if it’s an 18 year old girl?

LOL

Well I am in a long term relationship so wouldn’t be interested for that and many other reasons.  

What’s your point? 

You're a dirty auld scoundrel I would assume is the point LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 3:05pm
Can anyone advise why donegal has by and large been at the top of the charts regarding incidence rates since the very beginning of this? Do they just generally flout the rules more? 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Can anyone advise why donegal has by and large been at the top of the charts regarding incidence rates since the very beginning of this? Do they just generally flout the rules more? 

I take it you've never had the misfortune of driving a car in that county.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 3:09pm
*waits for Ringerbell's furious reaction
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

The Donegal rally must hold some sort of record. Started in 1972 and they've been at it every day since 
@AntrimMan85
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

The Donegal rally must hold some sort of record. Started in 1972 and they've been at it every day since 
LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 6:57pm

Bandit country.  The boy racer capital of Western Europe.  There are no laws in Donegal.  Their two favourite pastimes are breathing on each other and crashing cars.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Bandit country.  The boy racer capital of Western Europe.  There are no laws in Donegal.  Their two favourite pastimes are breathing on each other and crashing cars.
😂😂
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 10:11pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

What's happening here isn't great in terms of cases at the minute but has been like this for last 4-6 weeks yet cmo, Stephen donnelly etc decided didn't need any extra testing centers etc. 

Now as we get closer to the date of reopening and the nationally rate is still higher than they would like they need a scapegoat and donegal is the prime candidate for that role. 

Anyone that has been to donegal will know about the vast size of the county yet we still only have 1 testing center and the walk in testing center was only opened recently also in letterkenny. A lot of the positive cases at the minute are in inishowen which is an area that has been struggling with case numbers since turn of the year why have they not opened a test center there yet we have seen this happen in other parts of the country 

In terms what is happening now you are seeing the effects of long periods of lockdown donegal has been in level 5 lockdown since October bar a very short period of time in December. With all the will in the world people will eventually struggle with this way of life and rebel against it and donegal is a country that doesn't like doing what government tells us since they only remember we exist in times of crisis 

For what it's worth I don't agree with people flaunting the rules as unfortunately I see it keeping us in level 5 when other parts of the country open up but if this happens for donegal then any area that is over the national number should be treated in a similar fashion 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

😂😂
How is this supposed to be funny? Making light of road traffic accidents? 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

😂😂

Don’t take life too seriously.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 11:50pm
south William street packed with people out drinking......we’ll never learn.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 12:32am

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

😂😂

Don’t take life too seriously.

The comment was a low blow from TJ but no one should be surprised by that anymore coming from him. Donegal more so than a lot of counties have experienced great tragedy via road traffic accidents and i would like to think they wouldn't be used as point scoring against a county but again shouldn't be surprised to see it on here as its about the standard of posts from this forum these days 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 4:28am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

What's happening here isn't great in terms of cases at the minute but has been like this for last 4-6 weeks yet cmo, Stephen donnelly etc decided didn't need any extra testing centers etc. 

Now as we get closer to the date of reopening and the nationally rate is still higher than they would like they need a scapegoat and donegal is the prime candidate for that role. 

Anyone that has been to donegal will know about the vast size of the county yet we still only have 1 testing center and the walk in testing center was only opened recently also in letterkenny. A lot of the positive cases at the minute are in inishowen which is an area that has been struggling with case numbers since turn of the year why have they not opened a test center there yet we have seen this happen in other parts of the country 

In terms what is happening now you are seeing the effects of long periods of lockdown donegal has been in level 5 lockdown since October bar a very short period of time in December. With all the will in the world people will eventually struggle with this way of life and rebel against it and donegal is a country that doesn't like doing what government tells us since they only remember we exist in times of crisis 

For what it's worth I don't agree with people flaunting the rules as unfortunately I see it keeping us in level 5 when other parts of the country open up but if this happens for donegal then any area that is over the national number should be treated in a similar fashion 
need a scapegoat - you’re been a bit thin skinned there. Other parts of the country before the walk in test centres were set up have managed to keep the numbers down. Donegal people do as they please more than most and that’s it - cause and effect. Exceptionalism not Rebellion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 656657658659660 839>
  Share Topic