You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 643644645646647 839>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Down to 300 is great news, I think most were expecting a spike after Paddys Day and Easter, so great that we kept on the downward trend. 

Between the amount of Covid cases out there, and the number of vaccinated people, it looks like it's beginning to die out
Not over yet that's for sure , keep your guard up , mask up and lets see this out as now is not the time to get this when we look to be close to end game .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 11:05am
Even if we get this this under control over the coming months and, best case scenario like Israel, crush the virus almost completely, I think mandatory hotel quarantining is here to stay for a long time. 

The virus is out of control in Brazil and India currently. That’s going to lead to numerous variants that will likely be more contagious and probably lethal. Our best chance at preventing a 4th (and 5th) wave is focussing on keeping these variants out.

Still a long way to go in this unfortunately 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 11:28am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Even if we get this this under control over the coming months and, best case scenario like Israel, crush the virus almost completely, I think mandatory hotel quarantining is here to stay for a long time. 

The virus is out of control in Brazil and India currently. That’s going to lead to numerous variants that will likely be more contagious and probably lethal. Our best chance at preventing a 4th (and 5th) wave is focussing on keeping these variants out.

No direct flights to Brazil or India who are you going to quarantine ? 

Case could be made for information share re passports between various countries 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 12:43pm
Got the AZ jab on Wednesday.

Felt a bit light headed that evening, just tired and sore yesterday, pretty much 100% today.

Delighted to get it.
@AntrimMan85
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Felt a bit light headed that evening, just tired and sore yesterday, pretty much 100% today.

Delighted to get it.
I also got the AZ jab on Wednesday (was meant to be today but was brought forward due to a cancellation so as not to waste the dose). All I've had is a slight soreness around the injection site in my upper right arm yesterday and earlier this morning but it's gone away now. Cool
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 1:35pm
Added a doughnut chart to the daily vaccination tweets to show progress for first and second doses
Record number of first doses administered on Wednesday

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 16 Apr 2021 at 1:36pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Delighted to get it.
I also got the AZ jab on Wednesday (was meant to be today but was brought forward due to a cancellation so as not to waste the dose). All I've had is a slight soreness around the injection site in my upper right arm yesterday and earlier this morning but it's gone away now. Cool
I was told the worry is if you don't have some reaction as it means your immune system is sh*t. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

If we live with the "What if " mentality we'll get nowhere. The time for a reappraisal of how to live with this rather than how to exist with it is fast approaching. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Delighted to get it.
I was told the worry is if you don't have some reaction as it means your immune system is sh*t. 
That did cross my mind actually a few hours after the vaccine when nothing had happened so in a way, I'm glad there was some sort of reaction, however mild. My family who had already been vaccinated told me to expect side effects either that evening or the following day and that's how it turned out.

If that's all I get from the 2nd dose in late June, I'll be well pleased. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 2:17pm

Delighted to get it.

Did they inform you beforehand that you were getting AZ? 
What did they say about the risk for blood clots being a young gossin? 

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 2:18pm

Delighted to get it.

Can't be any worse then when the lad in Copenhagen A&E broke the needle in my arm while giving me a tetanus!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Delighted to get it.

Yeah made it clear it was AZ. I'm 35 so not considered especially at risk. Is it 30 and below maybe they dont want to give it to? Anyway, wasnt mentioned other than see a doctor if you start seeing unexpected bruises.
@AntrimMan85
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 2:38pm

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Delighted to get it.

Yeah made it clear it was AZ. I'm 35 so not considered especially at risk. Is it 30 and below maybe they dont want to give it to? Anyway, wasnt mentioned other than see a doctor if you start seeing unexpected bruises.

The UK are still giving it out to adults but are advising of the risk.
I got the AZ a few weeks ago from the Balham Health Center but I only found out on the day it was AZ. 
But like you I was happy to get it. 

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Added a doughnut chart to the daily vaccination tweets to show progress for first and second doses
Record number of first doses administered on Wednesday

nice
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Delighted to get it.

Can't be any worse then when the lad in Copenhagen A&E broke the needle in my arm while giving me a tetanus!
Deadwhat was the tetanus for?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Delighted to get it.

split my head hitting the ground after a one punch knock out. I'll tell you all about it over a car park pint of Heineken in leafy D16 soon. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 3:33pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Delighted to get it.

split my head hitting the ground after a one punch knock out. I'll tell you all about it over a car park pint of Heineken in leafy D16 soon. 
LOL Wouldn’t have you as the fighting type 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 3:37pm

Delighted to get it.

Most people I know (all early to mid-30's) had a bad 24 hours after the first dos, but have been grand since.

Had my 2nd dose of Pfizer during the week. Had been told to expect side-effects from the 2nd dose. The majority of people I know who got it had side effects similar to those after the 1st dose of AZ. I've had none though, apart from soreness in the shoulder.

Edited by The Huntacha - 16 Apr 2021 at 3:37pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 643644645646647 839>
  Share Topic