You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 596597598599600 839>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/benefits-of-sport-far-outweigh-the-covid-risks-so-why-are-kids-still-not-playing-1.4503626?mode=amp

What are people's thoughts on allowing outdoor sports training to resume? It seems to be low risk given most analysis done so I would be for it. Hopefully there's a return to allow people to golf, play tennis etc. at the start of April also.

Kids definitely need sport, but personally speaking I can’t wait to return to 5a side - one of the things I’ve missed most 
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:13pm

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/benefits-of-sport-far-outweigh-the-covid-risks-so-why-are-kids-still-not-playing-1.4503626?mode=amp

What are people's thoughts on allowing outdoor sports training to resume? It seems to be low risk given most analysis done so I would be for it. Hopefully there's a return to allow people to golf, play tennis etc. at the start of April also.

Elite level underage sport will be allowed back in April regardless as far as I know, according to the FAI which means we can get back training. 

I do think it's only fair that every sport no matter the level are allowed back, it's not fair if its only elite level imo. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:21pm
Can anyone tell me how international travel to The States is working currently? Are we still banned or could we go over and quarantine for two weeks and that's it? At a loss here at the moment, can't seem to get a proper answer.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Can anyone tell me how international travel to The States is working currently? Are we still banned or could we go over and quarantine for two weeks and that's it? At a loss here at the moment, can't seem to get a proper answer.

Surely the Dept of Homeland Security would have advice
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:37pm

Well it's shut down currently because you're not allowed mix with other families, and the majority of people I know play golf to get away from their families, hence it's breaking the no-mixing rule.

Once that rule's relaxed, going for a round of golf with someone is no different than going for a walk with someone, so in theory you're right, very low risk and should be allowed. 

But Golf and Tennis are seen as upper class sport, allowing them reopen without the gyms/5-a-side that us average folk do is seen as catering for elites and doesn't go down well with opposition politicians and voters.

And yes, it is nonsense that we'd make rules based on how it's perceived but that's always been the way with elected officials.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 10:36pm
No new deaths, people needing ventilation decreasing rapidly, hospitalisations falling, cases down week on week, vaccines work and a new vaccine on the way ClapClapClap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 10:54pm
Fantastic
Things will be back to relative normality pretty soon 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 10:59pm
the majority of the country is still “closed”....as positive as it is there’s a long way to go yet.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:01pm
Lockdown is the main reason why cases and deaths are dropping in the community at large

But it sort of makes a massive difference that hospital and nursing home staff are vaccinated
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:03pm
Was in Dublin City centre today for an appointment and I’m not the better for it. Incredibly eerie aul feel. 

Hoping we aren’t too far away from a resumption to life as we knew it with less things taken for granted 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:03pm
By the way if the population has to be re-vaccinated, and they probably will, you'll see disnformation ramped up to a level that makes the current mad situation in that regard look like an absolute consensus of universal truth
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 10:49am
What restrictions do people think will be relaxed in April. My guess would be we go to level 4. Very little change but people happy we are going in the right direction. Yesterday was the first day that NPHET seemed openly that optimistic in long time
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:21am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

What restrictions do people think will be relaxed in April. My guess would be we go to level 4. Very little change but people happy we are going in the right direction. Yesterday was the first day that NPHET seemed openly that optimistic in long time
What's level 4 again?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:26am
Level 4 main changes would be:
Pubs and restaurants = outdoor dining only
Gatherings = no indoor or outdoor allowed
Sport/exercise = elite sport yes, outdoor training allowed in pods of 15, indoor only for individual. Gym and pools are closed. 
Retail = only essential 

I personally can't see them relaxing retail, pubs and restaurants.  
Think they might allow the sport and exercise and maybe visit in front garden or outdoors with 1 other household 

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Mar 2021 at 11:26am
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:29am
Hard to know. The vaccine is incredibly effective. We managed on level 3 quite well before. Weekly average cases going down by 100pw. On that trajectory there should be less than 100pw by start of April. Added in the extra vaccines up to then. They might loosen things up more than expected. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:33am
foreign travel 👍
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:35am
that was before the uK variant which according to reports yesterday the 3rd wave began before restrictions were lifted in November/December of 2020.  

I would say there will be some movement of those with vaccines I.e meet with each other and possible meet with one family indoors who are not vaccinated but are low risk.  

Outdoor meetings and sport maybe allowed.  

Outdoor dining maybe. 
AKA pedantic kunt
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:36am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Hard to know. The vaccine is incredibly effective. We managed on level 3 quite well before. Weekly average cases going down by 100pw. On that trajectory there should be less than 100pw by start of April. Added in the extra vaccines up to then. They might loosen things up more than expected. 
I agree that they should do this. However I have heard from people who have spoken directly to Michael Martin that he had done a full 180 since Christmas and is now ultra cautious on plans for reopening. The indications are they want to go to level 3 from the start of May but it is going to be a big leap for him to allow wet pubs go to outdoor seating serving at Level 4 from next month. With the take away pints business back in full swing in Dublin the last few weeks it is not a big deal to move to outdoor drinking at the actual pub. However I am expecting a level 4 plus from 5th April with wet pubs outdoor drinking banned. 

Edited by EdisonCavani - 09 Mar 2021 at 11:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 596597598599600 839>
  Share Topic