You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 589590591592593 839>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:52pm
Nothing  going  on here anyway   no debate  about vaccine rollout   no debate about  half arsed lockdowns,  FFG bot central in here,  have posters  putting up rte and hse links  embarrassing 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:52pm
Sid why do you think ybig is the perfect forum to wage your war against the rise of the far right in Ireland.  Why is the ybig forum the ideal avenue for that war.  Surely there are other places that this could take place.  Presumably you were concerned before the restrictions came into place.  Did you join any anti fascist groups and go on any protests or did you debate on football forums about fascism. 

Off the top of my head I would say you have mentioned the rise of the far right in at least 10-15 threads on here.  Any tenuous connection and it is mentioned.  Hence why many long time posters and have decided feic this for a game of soldiers I couldn’t be arsed going on there as the whatever section was far better when it was a switch off from real life and it was just banter and sl*gging etc.  

Most people came on ybig I would think to get away from the real life and have a bit of banter.  Many deal with serious topics in their every day life and deal with these issues personally and professionally and the last thing they want is them to appear on every 2nd thread on here.  

I suspect you would somehow shoe horn fascism into one of trAndys cracking threads or Q mans Dundalk rant or poor muffs lock up your daughters post.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

FFG bot central in here,

That is almost the last thing this place is.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Sid why do you think ybig is the perfect forum to wage your war against the rise of the far right in Ireland.  Why is the ybig forum the ideal avenue for that war.  Surely there are other places that this could take place.  Presumably you were concerned before the restrictions came into place.  Did you join any anti fascist groups and go on any protests or did you debate on football forums about fascism. 

Off the top of my head I would say you have mentioned the rise of the far right in at least 10-15 threads on here.  Any tenuous connection and it is mentioned.  Hence why many long time posters and have decided feic this for a game of soldiers I couldn’t be arsed going on there as the whatever section was far better when it was a switch off from real life and it was just banter and sl*gging etc.  

Most people came on ybig I would think to get away from the real life and have a bit of banter.  Many deal with serious topics in their every day life and deal with these issues personally and professionally and the last thing they want is them to appear on every 2nd thread on here.  

I suspect you would somehow shoe horn fascism into one of trAndys cracking threads or Q mans Dundalk rant or poor muffs lock up your daughters post.  
I've posted here for a decade so why on earth wouldn't I post my opinions here?

The sum total of your problem seems to be "I don't like your posts", even though you can't explain why

I don't think very much of your posts but I'm not calling for you to be banned

Bizarre tantrum throwing stuff from you 

There's a fierce bang of that Limmy sketch "Smart Casual" off you with your constant invocation of "banter"

Not my problem if your banter bus has blown a gasket
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

FFG bot central in here,

I got a laugh out of that poster talking about bots

The banter bus is back up and running

Such banter

Smart casual
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 2:10pm
I didn’t call for you to be banned.  

I suspect in a few months time when we are debating who starts at centre back for Ireland against Portugal that there will be some mention of the far right or gas lighting or putinism or another one of your cliches and hobby horses. 

If you want to save the world, go and do it rather than wasting your superior intelligence to everyone else in Ireland, on ybig.  As I said it’s pissing against the wind nonsense and will achieve nothing other than driving numerous posters away.  

Edited by Baldrick - 28 Feb 2021 at 2:11pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 2:21pm

I didn’t call for you to be banned.  

I suspect in a few months time when we are debating who starts at centre back for Ireland against Portugal that there will be some mention of the far right or gas lighting or putinism or another one of your cliches and hobby horses. 

If you want to save the world, go and do it rather than wasting your superior intelligence to everyone else in Ireland, on ybig.  As I said it’s pissing against the wind nonsense and will achieve nothing other than driving numerous posters away.  
For a post that complains about cliches - which I specifically steer clear of incidentally - that's an awfully cliched post

It could barely get more cliched

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Seems an awful waste of your own time.You can make a bigger difference by going out and and been an example to others. 
I'm not going out very much at the moment, because we're in Level 5 restrictions

Where would you suggest I go to be an example to others

I'm not talking about Level 5 restrictions or anything to do with that. But a life online debating with fools isn't a good way to be spending your days, and will achieve very little. 
Harsh on Baldrick

LOLLOL

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 2:51pm

FFG bot central in here,

Got a laugh outta this too LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 2:54pm

Seems an awful waste of your own time.You can make a bigger difference by going out and and been an example to others. 
I'm not going out very much at the moment, because we're in Level 5 restrictions

Where would you suggest I go to be an example to others

I'm not talking about Level 5 restrictions or anything to do with that. But a life online debating with fools isn't a good way to be spending your days, and will achieve very little. 
Harsh on Baldrick

LOLLOLLOLLOL Good man Sid,  good to see a bit of
Humor ClapClap
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:34pm

Sid why do you think ybig is the perfect forum to wage your war against the rise of the far right in Ireland.  Why is the ybig forum the ideal avenue for that war. 

In fairness Baldrick, there doesnt have to be a perfect outcome with an end goal to every discussion, or the need to apply the perfection of action to it. Think about it this way, why bother discussing Irish team selection, when it is unlikely Stephen Kenny or any of his predecessors came on here, or ever took advice from anything posted on here. The chances are the tangible impact of our discussions is nil, and it has as much weight as screaming our views into a void. But that's not why we do it.

Ditto in the 'Whatever' section. It may not change the course of political history, or even influence one voter, but that may not be the point, nor does it have to be.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:39pm

Sid why do you think ybig is the perfect forum to wage your war against the rise of the far right in Ireland.  Why is the ybig forum the ideal avenue for that war. 

In fairness Baldrick, there doesnt have to be a perfect outcome with an end goal to every discussion, or the need to apply the perfection of action to it. Think about it this way, why bother discussing Irish team selection, when it is unlikely Stephen Kenny or any of his predecessors came on here, or ever took advice from anything posted on here. The chances are the tangible impact of our discussions is nil, and it has as much weight as screaming our views into a void. But that's not why we do it.

Ditto in the 'Whatever' section. It may not change the course of political history, or even influence one voter, but that may not be the point, nor does it have to be.

That's fair enough.  Maybe we just need a thread called the far right so because it is infiltrating far too many other threads.  The place has become far too earnest.  My prediction is that a few more right wing nut jobs will come onboard as a reaction to Sids shouting at a cloud.  

The sense of fun has gone from the whatever section  
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:40pm

Was it ever there, especially in relation to the political threads?
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:45pm

Upstairs in the Dail bar, eight till late!Clap
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:46pm

That’s the point.  Far too many are being turned into political threads.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Upstairs in the Dail bar, eight till late!Clap

LOLLOL  There is a whiff of the Yacht Club off Sid alright.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:48pm
Go out lads, it's a lovely sunny day.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Go out lads, it's a lovely sunny day.

Lying out in it as we speak 😀😀😀 how about you 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 589590591592593 839>
  Share Topic