You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 585586587588589 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 10:37am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Did the government get anywhere near their target of 100k vaccinations for the week? Heard they administered 5k only on Monday 

I would suspect we won’t know until the week is over and all the data is entered by those doing vaccine. 

Edited by Baldrick - 26 Feb 2021 at 10:37am
AKA pedantic kunt
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Did the government get anywhere near their target of 100k vaccinations for the week? Heard they administered 5k only on Monday 
Covid hub reports just under 360,000 vaccinated in total, majority with first dose, last updated on 22 Feb. A 3 day lag seems odd.
Now I might be wrong but a lot vaccine at gp level was done in the later part of the week Last week so this is probably the same this week.
Add to that the mass vaccination clinics were done at the weekend so plenty of time in this week yet.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 11:47am

I think it’s a fair assumption they won’t but wait n see
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 11:49am
Got the call for the jab. I'm 39 on immuno suppression meds. Over here it looks like they are well ahead of where they say they are. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 12:08pm
HSE said yesterday they were on track to get the 100k done 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Got the call for the jab. I'm 39 on immuno suppression meds. Over here it looks like they are well ahead of where they say they are. 

It’s now everybody over 60 and/or underlying health conditions.
They will have 20M vaccines injected by Sunday which is more than France and Germany combined. 

Once they roll out the second vaccines in March / April things will be looking a lot better.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

They will have 20M vaccines injected by Sunday which is more than France and Germany combined. 

Once they roll out the second vaccines in March / April things will be looking a lot better.

Alot of places still don't have the 70 or 80's group yet! Interactive map here!

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-why-cities-are-falling-behind-in-the-uks-vaccination-race-12228718

Pretty sure I said they're just letting people queue jump in order to get the figures up. There is no 'order' of who's next.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Pretty sure I said they're just letting people queue jump in order to get the figures up. There is no 'order' of who's next.

I’m surprised London is on there as I know a few people under 40 in good health have gotten a vaccine due to use it or lose it.
Anybody over 60 can book a vaccine on the NHS website so the availability is there.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 1:01pm

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I’m surprised London is on there as I know a few people under 40 in good health have gotten a vaccine due to use it or lose it.
Anybody over 60 can book a vaccine on the NHS website so the availability is there.

The problem with the cities with the major vaccination hubs is that they're open until midnight, and they're offering out vaccines to people without public transport or simply too old, at the 8pm-12am timeslots. I'd had been offered one last minute but it was at like 11:30pm, and because they said no, they go down the queue and pretty much forgotten about until another preferred timeslot suddenly comes available.

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 1:23pm
Bloomberg news reporting that the jnj vaccine will be approved in eu March 11th. They’ll have production problem like the others but hopefully it’ll be in a gp / pharmacy near you from April.
And they’ll be manufacturing some in the eu.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:43pm

Covid hub reports just under 360,000 vaccinated in total, majority with first dose, last updated on 22 Feb. A 3 day lag seems odd.
Updated to just under 373,300 at 23 Feb, so an increase of between 13,000 and 14,000 in one day. Looking like they'll hit the targetSmile
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:58pm
you would wonder is it every person who gives a vaccine entering it in every evening or are they doing it in batches.  They should really have data entry people entering it in at the point of entry (pardon the pun) 

That’s why you get sudden jumps of a certain about in one day and then it’s uploaded to website in a batch as it’s not real time data. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

you would wonder is it every person who gives a vaccine entering it in every evening or are they doing it in batches.  They should really have data entry people entering it in at the point of entry (pardon the pun) 

That’s why you get sudden jumps of a certain about in one day and then it’s uploaded to website in a batch as it’s not real time data. 
While it's somewhat comforting to see progress in the rollout, the moot point is to get the vaccine in as many arms as quickly as possible. Every hour counts..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 4:41pm

To be fair Baldrick the staff particularly at GP level are up to 90 the most important thing is they get through the vaccines ASAP.
They probably bulk input data when they have time hence the delay ultimately the figure will be correct at weeksend that would do me
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 4:48pm

Updated to just under 373,300 at 23 Feb, so an increase of between 13,000 and 14,000 in one day. Looking like they'll hit the targetSmile

Great news Clap
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

To be fair Baldrick the staff particularly at GP level are up to 90 the most important thing is they get through the vaccines ASAP.
They probably bulk input data when they have time hence the delay ultimately the figure will be correct at weeksend that would do me

I don’t think I was criticising the staff at all.  I was doing the opposite. Giving an explanation of what the data is not real time data and should be analysed on a weekly basis not daily for the moment.  

Just wondering is there a more efficient way of recording it 

Edited by Baldrick - 26 Feb 2021 at 4:58pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 4:59pm

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

I don’t think I was criticising the staff at all.  I was doing the opposite. 
I’m not saying you were I’m just highlighting what the reason behind the slow entry and then large jumps.

And I’m sure there is but from what I’m told there is a lot of paper work involved and I don’t think they will pay more staff to do so but this would help.

Edited by Fruice - 26 Feb 2021 at 5:00pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 5:50pm
That's the point. There is an awful of paperwork involved.  That is a problem which means it's impossible to have real time.data.  

AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 585586587588589 839>
  Share Topic