You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 579580581582583 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Everybody over 25 at least I'd say

19% of the population are 60 or over

There is no way that 36% of the adult population are between 18 and 25.  40 seeks more plausible.  
I was tired and misread it a 36% of the entire population 

Mortally embarrassing for me

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 7:52am

@Beavis

You don't even understand my point and you didn't answer my question

I can indeed be quite unpleasant with people, especially trolling fools like you who are determined to reject reality

I asked you how more Covid would help cancer services - because you implied that missed cancers were happening because of lockdown and not Covid

This is WRONG

It's as if Covid doesn't exist to you and you believe that people can pretend Covid doesn't exist

To call this a misunderstanding and misreading of the situation and of basic human psychology is an understatement

Your complaint about unpleasantness while simultaneously calling me a **** is noted

Jaysus Sid, Beavis is far from a trolling fool and far from rejecting reality 

You need to take a break from all this, it can't be doing your head any good arguing with strangers online all day every day, it's not helping you and you're just winding everyone else up on here. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 7:58am
He said lockdown doesn't work

Back in April 2020 this was already demonstrably wrong, what's the excuse for it in February 2021

That is trolling

Idiotic opinions deserve zero respect

This is why the world is in the state it's in - because we pay too much respect to idiotic opinions in the name of false balance

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:42am

Back in April 2020 this was already demonstrably wrong, what's the excuse for it in February 2021

That is trolling

This is why the world is in the state it's in - because we pay too much respect to idiotic opinions in the name of false balance

He literally quoted a medical study saying they do work but the evidence for more extensive lockdowns isn't working. 

Take a break, can't be good for your blood pressure or mental health being on here all day. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:06am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

That is trolling

He literally quoted a medical study saying they do work but the evidence for more extensive lockdowns isn't working. 

Take a break, can't be good for your blood pressure or mental health being on here all day. 
Lockdowns are there to do one thing - reduce cases

The evidence is cut and dried

They work

What is a "more extensive lockdown"?

Victoria? New Zealand? 

Again - they worked
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:29am
ffs

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:42am
I don’t think Lockdowns are supposed to last nearly 170 days, I think you’re doing it wrong if that’s the case. 
Lockdowns are supposed to be short & sharp and have maximum effect, and when done right they will. 
What we have is a sort of lockdown limbo whereby results are improving incredibly slowly so we leave the status quo in place. 

But we’re top of the lockdown league anyway Clap
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:46am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

ffs

Schools should drop any uniform requirement during the pandemic.  Let the kids come in their normal clothes so they can at least change every day.  
AKA pedantic kunt
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:48am
In more positive news, it looks like we are planning to have 80% vaccinated by the end of June, which is great. High risk moved up the list after over 70s are done, which again I think is very positive news. Hopefully it could even improve with new vaccines like Novavax. 

Hospital numbers falling, although ICU not quite as much. Positivity rate falling and hopefully will continue to do so. 

And the days are getting brighter. 

Get into the garden if you have one, go for a walk, go for a run. We're nearly there
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:53am
Good man MM Clap
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:56am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

In more positive news, it looks like we are planning to have 80% vaccinated by the end of June, which is great. High risk moved up the list after over 70s are done, which again I think is very positive news. Hopefully it could even improve with new vaccines like Novavax. 

Hospital numbers falling, although ICU not quite as much. Positivity rate falling and hopefully will continue to do so. 

Get into the garden if you have one, go for a walk, go for a run. We're nearly there

Are you saying all of that is healthier than arguing on the internet.   What about the people we disagree with. Surely you don’t recommend that we let them away with having opinions not in tandem with ours.   
AKA pedantic kunt
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:30am
Get the feeling from this thread, some will be disappointed, when Covid is gone, they will have nothing to talk about anymore. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:33am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Get the feeling from this thread, some will be disappointed, when Covid is gone, they will have nothing to talk about anymore. 

The heavy use of commas make it sound like a song

Get the feeling from this thread, 
Some will be disappointed............, 
when Covid is gone, 
they will have nothing to talk about anymore............
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:36am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

The heavy use of commas make it sound like a song

Get the feeling from this thread, 
Some will be disappointed............, 
when Covid is gone, 
they will have nothing to talk about anymore............

A song would make people happy. We will have none of that. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:37am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

All good stuff MM Clap

The longer days are nice - looking forward to getting out now for some walks / runs / cycling. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

Most posters in here probably practicing bending over to get their vaccine , queuing up for big pharma
All those idiots, trying to not die 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:47am
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

Most posters in here probably practicing bending over to get their vaccine , queuing up for big pharma

LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:47am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I don’t think Lockdowns are supposed to last nearly 170 days, I think you’re doing it wrong if that’s the case. 
Lockdowns are supposed to be short & sharp and have maximum effect, and when done right they will. 
What we have is a sort of lockdown limbo whereby results are improving incredibly slowly so we leave the status quo in place. 

But we’re top of the lockdown league anyway Clap
The problem has never been lockdown

The problem has been the consistent rejection of a plan to keep cases down when they are got down

We're regressing to basic stuff here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 579580581582583 839>
  Share Topic