You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 575576577578579 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 11:24pm
Listen dates dont mean more than the paper they are written on. Things could change in a few weeks. Only time will tell.
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 11:35pm
The UK is going for a one dose strategy. One dose is thought to maybe provide protection for six months and possibly as little as four months. Aiming to open everything by mid June sounds like a gamble. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

The UK is going for a one dose strategy. One dose is thought to maybe provide protection for six months and possibly as little as four months. Aiming to open everything by mid June sounds like a gamble. 
It's not a one dose strategy though is it

It's a delayed second dose strategy to get a first dose into more people, more quickly

They'll still all have to get second doses

The question is, will they

Will there be loads of people walking around with one dose and protection declining by the day

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 11:43pm
Another thing is that if the Brits do lift restrictions, that gives carte blanche for Mr. South African variant to galivant around Blighty at its leisure

The South African rugby team may not be the only South African thing taking Britain by storm this summer
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Another thing is that if the Brits do lift restrictions, that gives carte blanche for Mr. South African variant to galivant around Blighty at its leisure

The South African rugby team may not be the only South African thing taking Britain by storm this summer
But the big plus is all vaccines prevent against severer disease and hospitalisation.
So this will change the whole look of things which ever way you look at it
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

But the big plus is all vaccines prevent against severer disease and hospitalisation.
It looks like they do in most cases, but you have to be vaccinated first, don't you

And the whole population basically has to be vaccinated to eliminate it - and we're only talking about the strains that do respond to it

Whole population vaccination isn't going to happen

It seems to me there is a strong note of what one might euphemistically term "caution" out there among a lot of experts

Unfortunately I strongly suspect there are good reasons for that

If Covid now is a giant pool of treacle we've been wading through, well maybe the treacle might not be up to our necks any more

But it might still be up to our knees, for a good while at least

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 12:04am

As Seany said though SAGE are still projecting another wave under the roadplan, another 30,000 deaths is a good outcome. 

Israel are humping the UK with their forced vaccination scheme and they’re in a middle of a massive outbreak.

It’s gotten to a stage where SAGE have calculated that zero-Covid is actually impossible to the stage where they’re actually agreeing that keeping the country under lockdown is doing more harm than good but at the same time they want to keep the NHS sustainable hence the 5 week grace period between each set of restriction loosening.

I don’t possess the trait to predict correctly what the world will look like in 12 months time but people thinking we’re gonna get vaccinated and everything will be alright and we’re going to be laughing about it in 6 months time is simply delusional.

Glum and Glummer (the 2 Chief medical officers the media have nicknamed because they always deliver bad news) said this evening that stuff like masks and restrictions could be needed this Xmas which is a pretty big indicator that they’re expecting a nasty variant a one like the SA one to crop up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 12:15am
Is Israels vaccination scheme “forced” or mandatory?

Doesn’t appear so from this:

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Is Israels vaccination scheme “forced” or mandatory?

Doesn’t appear so from this:

I saw that too. I've had to look it up again. They're making it mandatory to show proof of a vaccine to enter any public spaces; gyms, clubs etc.

Edited by coyne - 23 Feb 2021 at 12:19am
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 12:21am

It's a delayed second dose strategy to get a first dose into more people, more quickly

Will there be loads of people walking around with one dose and protection declining by the day

I just read the SAGE projections for hospitalisations post the opening up. Holy God they are expecting them to be slightly worse than January, and in one scenario off the charts worse. These guys have generally been accurate in their modelling thus far so that is fairly scary for England. 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 12:31am

It looks like they do in most cases, but you have to be vaccinated first, don't you

And the whole population basically has to be vaccinated to eliminate it - and we're only talking about the strains that do respond to it

Whole population vaccination isn't going to happen

It seems to me there is a strong note of what one might euphemistically term "caution" out there among a lot of experts

Unfortunately I strongly suspect there are good reasons for that

If Covid now is a giant pool of treacle we've been wading through, well maybe the treacle might not be up to our necks any more

But it might still be up to our knees, for a good while at least

Of course you have to get the vaccine and ultimately the real determination of this virus is deaths.
But you would imagine the vast majority will get vaccinated why wouldn’t they?

Also  the elderly and the vulnerable will be fully vaccinated.
Along with healthcare workers thus reducing the number of large outbreaks in healthcare settings where a lot of the deaths have come from.

Surely it’s going to alter the picture drastically.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:01am

Originally posted by EdisonCavani<b> EdisonCavani wrote:

The UK is going for a one dose strategy.
One dose is thought to maybe provide protection for six months and possibly as little as four months. Aiming to open everything by mid June sounds like a gamble. 

Ffs - some of the nonsense posted on here.
I only know about the NHS, but they all have their first dose and have dates agreed for their second dose in March.
I suspect all the care homes will have dates agreed for the 2nd dose and it will be within 8-12 weeks of the first dose.

I know people just want to bash the UK and you can for most of their sh1te Covid strategy but do get 17M vaccines out before Japan/Australia/ NZ administered a single injection should be given credit where credit is due. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

One dose is thought to maybe provide protection for six months and possibly as little as four months. Aiming to open everything by mid June sounds like a gamble. 

I only know about the NHS, but they all have their first dose and have dates agreed for their second dose in March.
I suspect all the care homes will have dates agreed for the 2nd dose and it will be within 8-12 weeks of the first dose.

I know people just want to bash the UK and you can for most of their sh1te Covid strategy but do get 17M vaccines out before Japan/Australia/ NZ administered a single injection should be given credit where credit is due. 

As much as I hate the Tories this is one thing I have wanted them to get right from the start, but I would question the mental capacity of anybody confident of them getting this right, largely because they don't give a flying f**k. It looks good, they have given people dates that they don't really know whether they are realistic or not due to the number of variables and looking good, despite everything, is all that counts.  I want to go for a pint as much as anybody, that this is a huge gamble and could lead to another absolute disaster, all without any criticism due to the media adoring everything he does and the need to 'both sides' everything, making him seem like some sort bastion of common sense. There's a line that should never be written!
I really hope it works out, enough have died and suffered, but it is hard not to have an impending feeling of doom this morning.

Edited by pre Madonna - 23 Feb 2021 at 8:35am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:56am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

England is the only country in world not giving the 2nd dose after 21 days .

Anywhere between a 55-70 day wait for anyone I know who has receive their first dose for the AZ vaccine over here. Much quicker turnaround for those who got the Sinopharm one, between 2-3 weeks.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:00am

My point is the UK first dose administering strategy runs to 31st July. But at the same time everything is planned to reopen by 21st June. That’s a punt of a strategy. However I totally agree that the UK is doing a brilliant job on vaccinations so far. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:01am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:28am
I think it’s far too early to be saying anyone is doing a great job on this.  This is like reporting on a match and there is only 30 minutes gone.  They may lead 2-0 but they have switched to 2 at the back and a fly keeper.
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:30am

My point is the UK first dose administering strategy runs to 31st July. But at the same time everything is planned to reopen by 21st June. That’s a punt of a strategy. However I totally agree that the UK is doing a brilliant job on vaccinations so far. 
Like all brave British leaders, he is very comfortable being brave with the lives of others.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 575576577578579 839>
  Share Topic