You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 526527528529530 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 1:42pm
That isn't going to happen, its just said on BBC news

Would be madness. There'd be people trying to catch it
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It's already in place!
People currently on benefits have been receiving £500 since April! It's just getting expanded to full-time workers.

But what you say is true though. I'm on Working Tax Credits, I work 25 hours per wek, what's stopping me from going around licking public toilet seats to get £500?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

It's already in place!
People currently on benefits have been receiving £500 since April! It's just getting expanded to full-time workers.

But what you say is true though. I'm on Working Tax Credits, I work 25 hours per wek, what's stopping me from going around licking public toilet seats to get £500?

How many public toilet seats would you be prepared to lick for £500? We could get a GoFundMe going 
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 2:02pm
ah right, says here it isn’t getting expanded to everyone 

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 2:21pm
it was the lead story on newsnight and all the papers slammed it so Tory’s pulled it I’d say. A lot of heat now over the gap between vaccines as some nursing home patients have got covid despite having one shot !!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 2:22pm

ah right, says here it isn’t getting expanded to everyone 

In Victoria, we get $450 dollars just for getting tested and isolating until a negative test is returned. It’s for lost wages for the days you’re isolating but tests on average come back in 24 hours. And if you do test positive you receive $1500 dollars. I thought they would have got rid of this because there’s so little cases but i claimed my $450 last week due to being stuck in a different state. 

If the UK were to roll it out to everyone the £500, people would be out to catch it. Although, for now as you posted it’s not for everyone...yet.  
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 2:38pm
The problem is for the people who are eligible in the UK, it's like a well done for catching it.

In my situation I'd get £500 for catching it, 4 weeks of Tax Credits as per normal and then after 14 days I'd just work for the remaining 50 hours.
If I were to go around licking public toilet seats I would earn close to 2 grand for that month - About £1600, it's madnessLOL

Can understand why they'd do it for full-time workers, it's 80 hours work lost, which assuming on a minimum wage is about £680.

Edited by coyne - 22 Jan 2021 at 2:41pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

it was the lead story on newsnight and all the papers slammed it so Tory’s pulled it I’d say. A lot of heat now over the gap between vaccines as some nursing home patients have got covid despite having one shot !!!

Errr its only 60-70% effective at 2 doses at the manufactuers recommended interval .

The UK have done neither they are hoping 1 dose provides some effectiveness that it could well do but it will be well down on the 60-70% figure  as they aren't following the guidelines.

and it give eejits who read the English press a warm glow that they are leading the way on Vaccinations in the western world  

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I turned back from the path by the river earlier as it was too busy, no masks anywhere.  The park on the other side was the same.  Went to local small supermarket and was only one of two wearing a mask.  That's just me and just today! Construction sites are still open. Most companies, including the small company where I work, have done nothing to try and stop the spread, until it was far too late.
There's many reasons for it,  and I'm in one of the better towns!

As in Ireland, it is not illegal to not wear masks outdoors in the UK. So surprise surprise, they're not worn. 

In France and Italy, it is illegal to not wear masks outdoors. Despite being forced to wear them, thousands still contract and die from the virus there every week. 

Lockdown is probably the most effective tool to drive infections and death rates down. Nothing else seems to work. How long the public can cope with it is a different matter.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:10pm
FACE MASKS SLOW THE SPREAD. THEY DO NOT STOP THE SPREAD.

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:15pm
Surely less disgusting ways to get COVID than licking toilet seats Coyner?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Well, I like to exaggerate sometimes.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:22pm

I've got €20 with your name on it for a vid of you licking a public toilet seat Coyner. We can hit the £500 mark by this evening with some decent marketing. I'll obviously need to take a cut as your agent on this project. 
El Puto Amo
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:28pm
8.8% positivity on 24k tests

Good stuff 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

8.8% positivity on 24k tests

Good stuff 
Great result. The lockdown clearly working. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:43pm

Ya don't say.
Was it a 100 mile pub crawl you were on?
The dark side.. And the light
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I've got €20 with your name on it for a vid of you licking a public toilet seat Coyner. We can hit the £500 mark by this evening with some decent marketing. I'll obviously need to take a cut as your agent on this project. 

LOLLOL

You're cracking me up laughing today MC Hammered.

Unfortunately it'll be hard to market as it's not a new thing in Dublin as toilet seat licking as already been done plus a bit more such as car door licking and train seat licking.

We gotta find something exclusive now.

Edited by coyne - 22 Jan 2021 at 4:55pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:04pm

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 526527528529530 839>
  Share Topic