You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 521522523524525 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 2:08pm
Sorry to hear Sid & TJ. RIP.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 2:10pm
sorry to hear TJ and Sid. RIP
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 2:19pm
Sorry to hear that. RIP
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

How you feeling now McHammerd? Back to normal?

Yeah I'm feeling fine thanks. Had a really rough 2-3 days which improved steadily over the course of the two weeks. I'm still not 100% but nowhere near as bad as I was. 
Unfortunately Covid got into the family group over Xmas. My Dad has been suffering badly and we were very worried about him but he has shown signs of recovery the last 2 days. Still quite concerned that my Mam might pick it up from him though he is isolating in the house.  
I'll say a wee prayer your Dad makes a full recovery. My Dad died yesterday morning, I was with him in the room. I played him the highlights of Dublin v Kerry 1977 and he slipped away about a minute later. We did everything together, he was my special friend. The last few days have been the hardest of my life, I lived every struggle for breath he made and I felt his agony with every breath he struggled to take. I stayed with him for about two hours after he passed, and because of the regulations, that's the last time I ever saw him. Today feels even harder again. To add insult to injury, our house got broken into the other night, and now my cat is sick too. Still, at least Trump is going today.

I'm so sorry to hear that Sid. That's terrible news. It sounds like you had a great relationship with your Dad and you will have special memories to keep close forever. I hope that you are taking care of yourself during these tough times.  
El Puto Amo
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 2:39pm
Really sorry to hear this Sid. I hope the great memories of the times you had with him will be of comfort in the days and weeks ahead. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm
Very sorry to hear that Sid, condolences to you and your family
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 2:46pm
Condolences to you Sid & TJ. Very sorry for your loss. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 2:50pm
I am genuinely sorry to hear about your dad Sid and TJ. Really sad news. Thoughts are with you and your family.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 3:26pm

Aye, sorry to hear that Sid rip Disapprove
It would damage this forums' reputation
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 3:30pm
So sorry to hear about your Dad Sid.

Thoughts are with you and your family, RIP. 🙏
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 3:47pm
Sorry to hear lads RIP
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 3:58pm
terrible at any time but likely worse during these times - condolences to family and friends 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 4:16pm
Hard to read that. At least you made it as comfortable as possible for him. Cry
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 4:44pm
Sorry to hear that lads, that's awful news. RIP
Some people just deserve a slap
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 5:11pm
That’s sad news. RIP

It’s horrible when you lose a parent. When you leave home you tend to get on with your own life and you don’t notice your parents are getting old. 

Also scum who robbed your house. 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 20 Jan 2021 at 5:12pm

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 5:19pm
shocking news Sid.  May your dad Rest In Peace and thoughts with your whole family.   
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 6:02pm
Condolences Sid & to TJ as well. Very sorry to hear that. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 6:41pm

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

How you feeling now McHammerd? Back to normal?

Yeah I'm feeling fine thanks. Had a really rough 2-3 days which improved steadily over the course of the two weeks. I'm still not 100% but nowhere near as bad as I was. 
Unfortunately Covid got into the family group over Xmas. My Dad has been suffering badly and we were very worried about him but he has shown signs of recovery the last 2 days. Still quite concerned that my Mam might pick it up from him though he is isolating in the house.  
I'll say a wee prayer your Dad makes a full recovery. My Dad died yesterday morning, I was with him in the room. I played him the highlights of Dublin v Kerry 1977 and he slipped away about a minute later. We did everything together, he was my special friend. The last few days have been the hardest of my life, I lived every struggle for breath he made and I felt his agony with every breath he struggled to take. I stayed with him for about two hours after he passed, and because of the regulations, that's the last time I ever saw him. Today feels even harder again. To add insult to injury, our house got broken into the other night, and now my cat is sick too. Still, at least Trump is going today.

I'm so sorry to hear that Sid. That's terrible news. It sounds like you had a great relationship with your Dad and you will have special memories to keep close forever. I hope that you are taking care of yourself during these tough times.  
We couldn't have been closer MC, we could and did finish each others sentences, each of our brains was like an extension of the other's

We attended hundreds of matches together over the years and I can remember every single one, didn't matter what code, Gaelic football, hurling, association football, rugby, we went to them all and we went all over the country, he brought me to my first Ireland away matches in Anfield and Brussels, my idea of heaven would be sitting beside him on the upper deck of the old Cusack Stand watching a Leinster hurling semi-final between Offaly and Wexford or a game of pitch and putt in Bohernabreena or climbing some hill in Wicklow with him, he was a man of pure modesty and totally unmaterialistic but at the same time he was interested in everything, so open minded, the most reasonable man you'd ever meet - though that particular aspect of his character didn't rub off on me LOL - and a man who would go out of his way to do you any favour he could, he was so good himself taking care of his mother when she got dementia, he basically moved back in with her to take of her, as well as his aunt when she was old and frail, he'd think nothing of going over to the far side of the city to spend hours with her keeping her company, he always thought about helping other people 

One my favorite things we ever did was about 10 years ago, he loved railways and wanted to go over the Barrow rail bridge before it closed, we got the train down to Limerick Junction and then over to Waterford and across the Barrow Bridge to Rosslare, we even sat in the cab with the driver as we went across the bridge, chips in Wexford and a bus back to Dublin

During it all we spent about 12 hours talking about the upcoming All-Ireland hurling final when Tipp were trying to stop Kilkenny doing five in a row, and everything else under the sun, simple stuff but magic memories, and I have a thousand and more other memories like that of him, and not one bad one

My hurt is not so much for myself as for the fear and suffering he had to through alone over the last few weeks - though the hospital staff were amazing - I'm glad I could be with him at the end but so regretful that I couldn't be there before the last couple of days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 521522523524525 839>
  Share Topic