You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 520521522523524 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 10:20pm
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 10:23pm
Interesting update on how things are going in Israel.
Sticking to Pfizer’s two jab in the recommended times looks like best policy.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Interesting update on how things are going in Israel.
Sticking to Pfizer’s two jab in the recommended times looks like best policy.

The article states that a lot of people with just one does are still getting C19, what it doesn’t state is how serious it is.

The evidence suggests with one dose the effects of COVID are massively reduced - significant reduction in deaths/ serious illness.

The UK are in a different position to other countries, their R number is ridiculous high. The logic is 100 people with one dose will save more lives than 50 people with 2 doses.
Denmark are doing something similar.

If time wasn’t an issue everybody would give the 2nd dose 3/4 weeks apart.

Edit: The UK are reviewing their strategy now 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 20 Jan 2021 at 9:27am

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 8:15am
Do we know how long the vaccine lasts for or how often we all have to get vaccinated going forward?
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 8:40am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Do we know how long the vaccine lasts for or how often we all have to get vaccinated going forward?
No - one way to look at it is the current vaccination programs are tactical - for 2021/22. With the data to be gathered over the next 12 months a long term / even lifetime vaccine may be developed.

This article in the Atlantic touches on it amongst other things COVID related.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

How you feeling now McHammerd? Back to normal?

Yeah I'm feeling fine thanks. Had a really rough 2-3 days which improved steadily over the course of the two weeks. I'm still not 100% but nowhere near as bad as I was. 
Unfortunately Covid got into the family group over Xmas. My Dad has been suffering badly and we were very worried about him but he has shown signs of recovery the last 2 days. Still quite concerned that my Mam might pick it up from him though he is isolating in the house.  
I'll say a wee prayer your Dad makes a full recovery. My Dad died yesterday morning, I was with him in the room. I played him the highlights of Dublin v Kerry 1977 and he slipped away about a minute later. We did everything together, he was my special friend. The last few days have been the hardest of my life, I lived every struggle for breath he made and I felt his agony with every breath he struggled to take. I stayed with him for about two hours after he passed, and because of the regulations, that's the last time I ever saw him. Today feels even harder again. To add insult to injury, our house got broken into the other night, and now my cat is sick too. Still, at least Trump is going today.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:21pm
Very sorry to hear that Sid. Major condolences to you and your family.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

How you feeling now McHammerd? Back to normal?

Yeah I'm feeling fine thanks. Had a really rough 2-3 days which improved steadily over the course of the two weeks. I'm still not 100% but nowhere near as bad as I was. 
Unfortunately Covid got into the family group over Xmas. My Dad has been suffering badly and we were very worried about him but he has shown signs of recovery the last 2 days. Still quite concerned that my Mam might pick it up from him though he is isolating in the house.  
I'll say a wee prayer your Dad makes a full recovery. My Dad died yesterday morning, I was with him in the room. I played him the highlights of Dublin v Kerry 1977 and he slipped away about a minute later. We did everything together, he was my special friend. The last few days have been the hardest of my life, I lived every struggle for breath he made and I felt his agony with every breath he struggled to take. I stayed with him for about two hours after he passed, and because of the regulations, that's the last time I ever saw him. Today feels even harder again. To add insult to injury, our house got broken into the other night, and now my cat is sick too. Still, at least Trump is going today.

Very sorry for your loss Sid and TJ. Know what it's like to lose a parent to illness but must be especially difficult in times like this. Stay strong!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:23pm
Very sad to hear. Deepest sympathies to Sid and TJ. RIP.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:24pm
My condolences to you, and all others suffering at this time.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:25pm
Very sorry to hear that Sid.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:29pm
sorry for your loss Sid and TJ. May your dad Rest in Peace.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:30pm
Ah jaysus so sorry to hear that lads. RIP
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

sorry for your loss Sid and TJ. May your dad Rest in Peace.

Yer just never know what to say as words will never fill the void left behind .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:37pm
So sorry to read that Sid. Sending condolences to yourself, TJ and the family. RIP
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:38pm
Sorry to hear that Sid.

Condolences to yourself and TJ.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:51pm
Sad news Sid.  Sincere condolences RIP. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:55pm
Awful news Sid/TJ. Very very sorry for your loss
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 520521522523524 839>
  Share Topic