You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 517518519520521 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

[QUOTE=dundon13]Local GP practices were contacted but all staff there were vaccinated as were all the staff in the coombe. Not sure of the logistics but would the remaining doses be suitable to transport to another hospital, as far as I'm aware they wouldn't. Also aren't pregnant women last on the vaccination list so they wouldn't have used them on the patients there. They didn't go to waste which is a positive and most went to people in the vulnerable category. [/QUOTE
This is a storm in a tea cup and the PC crowd will lose their sh*t giving it his own 2 children doesn’t look great.
They did try and give it to more deserving.
It’s 16 vaccines they got it a bit before their Time but would have got it anyway.
No big deal and as some one said better than going in the bin.

The term is the IT Crowd and not the PC crowd, unless you meant PC World?
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:44am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

16 vaccines are in arms rather than a bin

Think I'd prefer them in the arms to be honest
Yeah the optics aren't the best but those who are angry I would bet haven't read the article

I read the article and I am still pissed off. I don't believe the alternative here was the bin. This is simply justifying this type of carry on. Fair enough, can't give vaccine to pregnant women or perhaps even those breast feeding, but how about giving it to their partners or parents? A lot of new mothers struggle and now even more so if they are isolating with little support.

The 41 year old woman I know who got it was tipped off earlier that day, had time to drive a considerable distance and pick up her parents too. If was far from a case of "We can't find anyone more deserving, get here quick or these are going in the bin!"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

How do I get a job as a Master? It sounds ideal for someone like me. 

On a completely unrelated tangent, one of the neighbors was teaching their kid to cook over lockdown and has been dropping nice cakes and treats into people on the road. My Mrs wrote them a thank you card and addressed them as the "master bakers". I thought innuendo was a bit too much but she says I'm a pervert. How likely are we to being placed on a register having sent such a message to a child?

Reminds me of a guy i knew as a young lad who got something sent to him from Kelloggs (collect 8 tokens etc). His surname was Bates. 

Addressed to Master Bates. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:52am
Or the scientist who got stuff sent to him addresses to Mr cocktail sausage and it got to him 

Edited by Baldrick - 18 Jan 2021 at 10:53am
AKA pedantic kunt
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:57am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

How do I get a job as a Master? It sounds ideal for someone like me. 

On a completely unrelated tangent, one of the neighbors was teaching their kid to cook over lockdown and has been dropping nice cakes and treats into people on the road. My Mrs wrote them a thank you card and addressed them as the "master bakers". I thought innuendo was a bit too much but she says I'm a pervert. How likely are we to being placed on a register having sent such a message to a child?

Reminds me of a guy i knew as a young lad who got something sent to him from Kelloggs (collect 8 tokens etc). His surname was Bates. 

Addressed to Master Bates

LOL

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:02am
How many of the people on here are saying it’s grand have given out about Delaney giving 16 tickets to football family members instead of supporters with better records in the past? Yes they were used but the people who should have been prioritised weren’t. There will be leftover vaccines all over the country in different hospitals and facilities everyday there needs to be a plan put in place.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

How many of the people on here are saying it’s grand have given out about Delaney giving 16 tickets to football family members instead of supporters with better records in the past? Yes they were used but the people who should have been prioritised weren’t. There will be leftover vaccines all over the country in different hospitals and facilities everyday there needs to be a plan put in place.

I honestly wouldn't be bothered about JD handing out tickets in similar circumstances. E.G. If he had 16 tickets for a match that was just about to kick off and that there was no other takers available for them, then no problem. 

The option for the vaccines was bin them or hand them to someone. They tried to contact more deserving people apparently. 
El Puto Amo
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:11am

There will be leftover vaccines all over the country in different hospitals and facilities everyday there needs to be a plan put in place.

That is true, but given the time limitations that is easier said than done. And this demand for perfection, over a couple of vaccines administered, in the early days, is disproportionate, when the common goal of everybody who knows the importance of defeating the virus, is to administer it as far and wide as possible.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

There will be leftover vaccines all over the country in different hospitals and facilities everyday there needs to be a plan put in place.

That is true, but given the time limitations that is easier said than done. And this demand for perfection, over a couple of vaccines administered, in the early days, is disproportionate, when the common goal of everybody who knows the importance of defeating the virus, is to administer it as far and wide as possible.

Yeah of course it’s easier said than done as the vaccine seems to be temperamental enough as heard a nurse talking about you can’t take them upstairs. But at the same time they have to learn from this as it is not the image that the country wants to see. People seem to be happy to stick to lockdown rules with an end in sight but that will only happen with getting those most vulnerable vaccinated first and not the staffs relations.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:22am

Yeah of course it’s easier said than done as the vaccine seems to be temperamental enough as heard a nurse talking about you can’t take them upstairs. But at the same time they have to learn from this as it is not the image that the country wants to see. People seem to be happy to stick to lockdown rules with an end in sight but that will only happen with getting those most vulnerable vaccinated first and not the staffs relations.

But in the article it looks like significant efforts were made to find alternatives, before these vaccines were administered, and a number of them were to people over 70. I'm not actually sure what there is to learn from, as the most concerning outcome would have been the degradation of the doses, rendering them useless. Honestly, I feel this will be a non-story which will be shouted from the roof tops by the always outraged, and for political purposes.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Local GP practices were contacted but all staff there were vaccinated as were all the staff in the coombe. Not sure of the logistics but would the remaining doses be suitable to transport to another hospital, as far as I'm aware they wouldn't. Also aren't pregnant women last on the vaccination list so they wouldn't have used them on the patients there. They didn't go to waste which is a positive and most went to people in the vulnerable category. 

This is going to happen everyday unfortunately as they can’t have people on a waitlist for this. As long as the % spare is low that’s okay.

They should have a contingency plan in place tho.
In a few weeks it should be easier as a lot of the staff will be due the 2nd vaccine and this can be used for spare doses.

Oh I agree, a more definitive plan should be in place for leftovers instead of quickly ringing around to see who's available. What would the public opinion be if it came out those 16 vaccines were dumped in the bin. People love a witch hunt. This a nothing story and will be forgotten about soon enough. As for the people calling for him to resign, madness. Plus there's already been more missuse of this vaccine already which hasn't made the news.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:47am
The really important thing is the vaccine is distributed quickly and not wasted.  There are stories of people hanging around mass vaccination centres in Israel in the hope of getting leftovers.  Delivery drivers being vaccinated.  I know of somebody bringing an eldery relative to a centre in the UK who also got a jab.  

So good luck to anybody who got it in my view.  I'm not advocating blatant misuse but leftovers must be used and ultimately protect us all.  

So just get the vaccine quickly in the hands of the medical professionals.  No red tape or forcing them to justify where the leftovers go.   Call the family, grab the person walking their dog  etc.

The most important words in this crisis I think are those of Mike Ryan "Speed trumps perfection"

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:59am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

The really important thing is the vaccine is distributed quickly and not wasted.  There are stories of people hanging around mass vaccination centres in Israel in the hope of getting leftovers.  Delivery drivers being vaccinated.  I know of somebody bringing an eldery relative to a centre in the UK who also got a jab.  

So good luck to anybody who got it in my view.  I'm not advocating blatant misuse but leftovers must be used and ultimately protect us all.  

So just get the vaccine quickly in the hands of the medical professionals.  No red tape or forcing them to justify where the leftovers go.   Call the family, grab the person walking their dog  etc.

The most important words in this crisis I think are those of Mike Ryan "Speed trumps perfection"

And in the words of another Mike Ryan,  "MDMA trumps speed".

I believed in Israel they are encouraging people to go to the vaccination centres for the 'leftovers'. All the vaccine centres seem to be in localised places within communities. That was certainly the impression the Israeli lad who was on the McWilliams podcast recently. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

But in the article it looks like significant efforts were made to find alternatives, before these vaccines were administered, and a number of them were to people over 70. I'm not actually sure what there is to learn from, as the most concerning outcome would have been the degradation of the doses, rendering them useless. Honestly, I feel this will be a non-story which will be shouted from the roof tops by the always outraged, and for political purposes.
Can you really not see what is there to learn. They should have made it more transparent for a start. As already stated earlier in the thread the parish priest getting a leftover vaccine is just comical. Having people on standby would be a good option if possible of course, 16 vaccines could cover some nursing homes. It’s happened, it’s not the end of the world but lessons should be learned. Those 16 people have to get a second dose too so if anything it will only mess the system up.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 12:00pm
my understanding is that there was 120 spare and they found an arm for 104 of them within the medical community and these were 16 left over after the initial 120 being left over due to get more doses from each vial.  You can’t rely that you will always get 6/7 doses per vial as sometimes you only get 5. 

Of the 16, 9 of them were over 70 years of age and 7 of them were a multiple of ages.  

In the scheme of things 7 vaccines being given last minute to people who are on hand to receive the vaccine rather than being thrown in the bin doesn’t seem so bad but the process should be analysed in detail so this doesn’t happen again. 

Edited by Baldrick - 18 Jan 2021 at 12:03pm
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I believed in Israel they are encouraging people to go to the vaccination centres for the 'leftovers'. All the vaccine centres seem to be in localised places within communities. That was certainly the impression the Israeli lad who was on the McWilliams podcast recently. 
What has Macauley got to do with this?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 12:03pm

😀😀😀😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

What has Macauley got to do with this?
I am afraid that you have lost me there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 517518519520521 839>
  Share Topic