You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 507508509510511 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:26pm
Hope she's doing well Brendan
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I fail to grasp the hatred/resentment/stubbornness towards sticking a piece of cloth over your face when you go into a shop during a global pandemic

Maybe Planning can answer this one. Do the conspiracy folk anti mask brigade now think that during any type of surgery that the nurses and doctors shouldn't bother wearing them? Or is it just no masks for Covid? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:38pm
Lads, planning has a long history of wum posts, best to not take the posts too seriously 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I fail to grasp the hatred/resentment/stubbornness towards sticking a piece of cloth over your face when you go into a shop during a global pandemic
+1

One positive from it is you can walk past people you know but don't want to stop and talk to and use the mask as an excuse for not recognising them if they ever bring it up.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:51pm

+1

I'd actually go further than that. I'd like masks to be mandated for public transport post covid, in the winter months. Maybe November to February. The fact we have eradicated flu this year is a testament to how successful they are at reducing the transmission of airborne respiratory viruses.

In normal years it's the elderly suffering bouts of flu which clogs ups the hospitals in the winter. If wearing a face covering a few hours a week while reading  a book, listening to music or on my phone can help alliavaite that, it's a no brainer for me
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:00pm
Lads heres one for ye to chew on

Vets, why cant vets be given the vaccine and help vaccinate the Country? Why Not? its only a little injection the sooner everyone gets vaccinated the better, yes/no? Summer could be saved maybe even Easter, on a side note Boots UK suppose have the vaccine good news for people living in the Border Counties.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:01pm
I think masks will be used in years to come. Getting on a rammed Luas for instance. The germs floating around them. I can see myself using them in these scenarios 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:02pm
a lot of mis information going out some of it deliberate .

My mother got vaccinated during the week and I asked which vaccine she got . when it was confirmed that it was the AZ one (as was likely to be the case) and not the Pfizer one my sister piped up saying it was 90% effective compared to the german one at 94%.

I then corrected her and told her  was only 60-70% effective (as I had came across it looking for something else) so not as good as the german one and that's at 2 doses with the manufacturers interval not at what intervals  the UK are running with ( though I think NI are running  with the manufactuers recommendations TBF )

so the whole vaccination stats comparison really need explaining and stats modifying to get a truly like for like comparison

Still think the Germans will be the first to 100% vaccinated

Edited by Newryrep - 14 Jan 2021 at 3:03pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Just watching an interview now on the telly in the canteen. Hospitals and their ICUs are still admitting people who contracted the virus in Weeks 3 & 4 of December.

My Mam had slight symptoms from 29th December, tested positive 31st December was fine the first week after, yesterday she was brought to hospital as she is struggling with her breathing! Talk of keeping her in for two weeks, the time frame is worrying! Hospitals will be in trouble the next couple of weeks.
All the very best wishes for your Mam's health Brendan. Fingers crossed.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Vets, why cant vets be given the vaccine and help vaccinate the Country? Why Not? its only a little injection the sooner everyone gets vaccinated the better, yes/no? Summer could be saved maybe even Easter, on a side note Boots UK suppose have the vaccine good news for people living in the Border Counties.

I don't think the issue is lack of people vaccinating right now.

When GPs, pharmacists and these mass centres start, it will start flowing fairly quickly. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:15pm

I think Vets would be quite low on the list, I mean GPS Pharmacists and Nurses would be ahead of them && we’ve no shortage of them. 
Just a shortage of vaccines 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:18pm
it’s the inputs not the outputs.  Everyone has solutions regarding the output which isn’t even the problem.  
Covid brainstorming has reached epic levels 

AKA pedantic kunt
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:19pm

have the Uk given up on the 2 shot vaccine as I don’t see how a pharmacy - as big a chain as boots are- could keep log of  who and when needs a 2nd jab.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:22pm

I think masks will be used in years to come. Getting on a rammed Luas for instance. The germs floating around them. I can see myself using them in these scenarios 
I'd like to see how that'll work on a tram packed full of Irish supporters on the way to a Euro 2024 finals match

Not that we'll actually be there, which I guess solves that dilemma
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:34pm
Masks may be used after this by some people but no way will it be made mandatory. 
Can't even get ****s to wear them in a pandemic
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:37pm

100% - I'd love if it was the norm. The main thing that would stop people, is that they'd feel they'd look a tit - but if everyone was doing it then nobody would care. This has been my healthiest year ever I'd say in terms of colds and that
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:49pm

What about Slatterys after an Ireland match?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:51pm
Absolutely it would be great if sanitiser and masks became a norm inside shops and crowded areas, especially in winter. If it saves a few lives to flu, well worth it.

In other news:

77k vaccines administered so far
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 507508509510511 839>
  Share Topic