You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 506507508509510 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:04am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

So their health system is better organized then ours. Well there’s a surprise. 

According to Dr Bauldie this is going against science and taking a huge risk with humans lives.

The Danes have also stretched the time after which a second dose is administered to a maximum of six weeks.

They're also giving smaller vaccine doses allowing them to give 6 from the one vial, instead of 5. Not sure how conventional that is. They're the only ones I've seen using that approach.

I thought McG mentioned we were doing that too a couple of days ago?

Didn't see that post. If it's more efficient then it's a good strategy.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lads this is like calling the 10,000m race after 3 laps 
Hope we don't get the sh*ts and have to abandon the race..has happened before when we were faced with a challenge from China
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Just watching an interview now on the telly in the canteen. Hospitals and their ICUs are still admitting people who contracted the virus in Weeks 3 & 4 of December.

My Mam had slight symptoms from 29th December, tested positive 31st December was fine the first week after, yesterday she was brought to hospital as she is struggling with her breathing! Talk of keeping her in for two weeks, the time frame is worrying! Hospitals will be in trouble the next couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear that, wishing her a speedy recovery!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Just watching an interview now on the telly in the canteen. Hospitals and their ICUs are still admitting people who contracted the virus in Weeks 3 & 4 of December.

My Mam had slight symptoms from 29th December, tested positive 31st December was fine the first week after, yesterday she was brought to hospital as she is struggling with her breathing! Talk of keeping her in for two weeks, the time frame is worrying! Hospitals will be in trouble the next couple of weeks.

Thank you.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:17pm

Best wishes to Mammy 88, hopefully she gets through it safely. 

It obviously got me thinking that I was lucky with a mild dose, symptoms on Dec 27, conformed positive on the 31st. Im back in work and back to normal while other people that were positive around the same time and earlier are now only being admitted to an ICU. Really is pot luck the severity anyone gets.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

So their health system is better organized then ours. Well there’s a surprise. 

According to Dr Bauldie this is going against science and taking a huge risk with humans lives.

The Danes have also stretched the time after which a second dose is administered to a maximum of six weeks.

They're also giving smaller vaccine doses allowing them to give 6 from the one vial, instead of 5. Not sure how conventional that is. They're the only ones I've seen using that approach.

European Medical Agency suggested doing it last week, was posted up here, definitely the best approach, saves 20% going to waste 
my reading of EMA doc was a recommendation to try and extract a full 6th dose from the vial where possible (which I’d guess some countries where already trying / doing, asked EMA for clarification and hence the document update) and within the constraints of syringe types and without mixing vial surpluses. Though an increase in dosage not a cross the board 20% increase.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:30pm
Hope your Mam improves soon Brendan.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:32pm

Wishing your mum a full and quick recovery Brendy
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:54pm
Cheers folks.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:14pm

Best wishes Bendo
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:52pm

There is more knowledge and better techniques now, so hopefully she will be out soon Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

How are the folks with covid on here feeling at the moment? Hopefully all better or nearly on the mend.

I have never in my life felt so better LOL.

Sleeping great, walk in the morning, run and circuits in the afternoon, another walk in the evening and I would also do other exercises during the day too - usually 3 or 4 times per day.

Only drinking 1 night a week now probably helps too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:02pm

Best wishes Bendo
+1 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Why bother?   Eh because it might help save lives and also stop people getting very sick and hospitals can go back.to treating other illnesses. 

It's not doing any of the above. It's not saving lives, it's not getting infections down, it's not stopping people getting very sick, it's not getting rid of masks, it's not ending restrictions, and it's not returning life to normal. If anything the opposite is happening. And you can say not enough people have been vaccinated. Enough people have now got it, here and elsewhere, for there to be a modest improvement in the general situation. Unfortunately there's no sign of it yet. 

From a sports perspective, there's no chance of the Euros/Olympics going to plan unless the vaccines work. I'm not anti vaccine, if we could ditch the masks afterwards I would be banging down the door of the HSE for it tomorrow, but if it doesn't help us fight the virus, it's a waste of time imo. 
Your hatred of masks is totally strange...Are you so afraid of them because you had a giant one chasing you when on a bad trip from Salvia or something?!  Every post you make seems to be about them like. They are a minor inconvenience!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

How are the folks with covid on here feeling at the moment? Hopefully all better or nearly on the mend.

I have never in my life felt so better LOL.

Sleeping great, walk in the morning, run and circuits in the afternoon, another walk in the evening and I would also do other exercises during the day too - usually 3 or 4 times per day.

Only drinking 1 night a week now probably helps too.

+1 on the beer, haven't drank in Jan yet and not missing it at all. Feeling much better at the weekends
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Best wishes Bendo
+1 

Thanks folks.

Just seen a friend of a friend post on Facebook more conspiracy theories about Covid, whole thing is a hoax and he mentioned he knows of two people personally who have died as a result of the vaccine! Had to bite my tongue.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:21pm
I fail to grasp the hatred/resentment/stubbornness towards sticking a piece of cloth over your face when you go into a shop during a global pandemic
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I fail to grasp the hatred/resentment/stubbornness towards sticking a piece of cloth over your face when you go into a shop during a global pandemic
+1
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 506507508509510 839>
  Share Topic