You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 440441442443444 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Other than the UK have these vaccines actually been approved officially yet? I thought no so called experts had seen the data from the trials etc..
Sure i heard the 15th Dec in some US states

USA and Canada have now approved this.
There is going to be growing pressure on the EU to approve this soon. 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Other than the UK have these vaccines actually been approved officially yet? I thought no so called experts had seen the data from the trials etc..
Sure i heard the 15th Dec in some US states

USA and Canada have now approved this.
There is going to be growing pressure on the EU to approve this soon. 
it’ll be approved before January in the EU.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:39pm
Think the EU body are meeting on the 29th Dec. Unlikely to change at this late stage.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:57pm

Think the EU body are meeting on the 29th Dec. Unlikely to change at this late stage.
Where it will [likely] be approved. There is huge pressure to approve this vaccine. I think the EU taking a little extra time is a good thing in the greater scheme of things.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Where it will [likely] be approved. There is huge pressure to approve this vaccine. I think the EU taking a little extra time is a good thing in the greater scheme of things.

When 3k+ are dying every day in Europe making a decision on the 29th seems a long time away when UK/USA/Canada can share their analysis / research and conclusions .... by then the UK will have administered about 4M vaccines. 

Pfizer won’t be able to produce enough in 2021 to meet the demand... and there logistic issues.

Ideally we need the Oxford and the Moderna vaccine to get approved soon. 

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:54am
Now what i have hear is that the EU are looking before the end of the month .Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:29pm
Anyone know anyone in Dublin who had a test lately?

Have a load on tomorrow but a friend on work got a test today and need to wait for them to get their results first 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 10:22pm
A friend's daughter got tested last Wednesday and got results on Friday. I'd say it is unlikely that he'll get results tomorrow.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

A friend's daughter got tested last Wednesday and got results on Friday. I'd say it is unlikely that he'll get results tomorrow.

Cheers, will have to keep the fingers crossed
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:26pm
yeah, i know loads. We’re essential.speed of results are speeding up but still way too slow. I mean, you could be in work and fine, then you you feel sh*t, get tested and have it. Every colleague etc has come into contact with you..

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:30pm

yeah, i know loads. We’re essential.speed of results are speeding up but still way too slow. I mean, you could be in work and fine, then you you feel sh*t, get tested and have it. Every colleague etc has come into contact with you..

How long have they been lately would you say? 

Bit of a bollocks, I'd say I was 2m away from them for lunch but without getting out the measuring tape I wouldn't be 100% confident and don't want to risk it 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:38pm
Problem is, you're working with the same people everyday. You become complacent, I’ve e done it. You hand the spoon at the burco or whatever. 

We had staff get their own and it took days. Company paid for some and it took hours. Delends how important you are, like most things.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:40pm

Problem is, you're working with the same people everyday. You become complacent, I’ve e done it. You hand the spoon at the burco or whatever. 

We had staff get their own and it took days. Company paid for some and it took hours. Delends how important you are, like most things.

Cheers, doubt we count as important but here's hoping 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Cheers, doubt we count as important but here's hoping 
Were not either although i was on the news the other dayGeek
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 8:38am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Anyone know anyone in Dublin who had a test lately?

Have a load on tomorrow but a friend on work got a test today and need to wait for them to get their results first 

Got a test at Dublin airport just beside the T2 car park on Friday. Randox travel centre, 99e. Results back within 24 hours.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 11:09am
Most places have the results back within 48 hours now I think
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 11:31am
Came back negative after 25 hours, fair play to the hse 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 6:12pm
6 week lockdown up North, yeaaaaaaah.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 440441442443444 839>
  Share Topic