You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:48pm
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A song for Sid and TJ

And now, the end is near, its time to come out from behind the curtain
You've loved the world lockdown, for long enough, of that i'm certain
Scaremongering, for 9 long months
Close the schools, get off the highway!
But worse, much worse than this
You're back to work today

LOL
Seems like Sid doesn't like it when other people make up songs.
It just helps when they're funny and somewhat literate and accurate

Which the above isn't

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:23pm
You’re taking the idea of going back to normality well I see 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

You’re taking the idea of going back to normality well I see 
Nobody wants the world to go back to normality more than me, pal, the last nine months have been f**king sh*t

It's why I've been constantly pointing to countries who actually have done so, safely, as examples, because they followed a clear long term strategy to eliminate it and then were zealous about keeping it out

That was the right strategy, our strategy and the strategy of Europe and the west was not the right one

Nobody wants to be in a constant circle of lockdown and mini-release but the reason we are is because we listened to lads who above all else wanted their pints back in the summer, ignorant of the reality of a pandemic disease, and to business lobby groups

In Australia and New Zealand the business lobby groups were not listened to - but that ended up benefitting businesses

Even if this vaccine goes as well as we all hope it does, there's still a winter of this ahead because it takes time to vaccinate a population, then there's the problem where some people will refuse to get the vaccine

It would be great if this is the beginning of the end, but there's still a possibility it might only be the end of the beginning

Here's hoping

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 11:49pm
Lockdown extended here till 20th. Pubs and restaurants still closed except for takeaways. No alcohol on sale after 9 or 10pm. Golf now gone as well though in fairness it is feckin cold and some snow has arrived.

Some relaxation over Xmas in terms of number of people to meet. Restrictions back on then till 10th. Only done in 4 week cycles.

1860 fan forum saying no fans this season. And to think we were 2 or 3 days away for a game in sept time.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:25am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Lockdown extended here till 20th. Pubs and restaurants still closed except for takeaways. No alcohol on sale after 9 or 10pm. Golf now gone as well though in fairness it is feckin cold and some snow has arrived.

Some relaxation over Xmas in terms of number of people to meet. Restrictions back on then till 10th. Only done in 4 week cycles.

1860 fan forum saying no fans this season. And to think we were 2 or 3 days away for a game in sept time.

surely given vaccine approval end of December . I would of thought German organisation would get things back to normal there a bit quicker  - certainly quicker than the UK even with a 4 week head start
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:03pm
Anyone seen this gym owner clown in Newry LOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Anyone seen this gym owner clown in Newry LOL
f**king clown.

I hate that mental health is being used as a arguing chip in Lockdown arguments. Anything anyone wants to do they say "its for my mental health" and think they can get away with it. Making a mockery of a serious issue
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 4:44pm
The Thanksgiving Day surge should give everyone pause for thoughts on what you plan to do for Christmas. It's bad enough in the US as it is but it could be horrific in a week or two and then they have to face another massive surge after the Christmas gatherings 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:19pm
 https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/publican-behind-irelands-first-covid-free-pub-arrested-1049704.html

The Co Mayo publican who opened Ireland's first “Covid-free pub” on Thursday with mandatory rapid testing for all customers was arrested last night.

The Western People reports that Donal Byrne, the owner of Eileen’s Bar in the centre of Aghamore village, was detained for failing to comply with Covid-19 regulations.

It is understood gardaí arrived at Mr Byrne’s premises at 7.05pm before he was arrested more than an hour later at 8.18pm.

An Garda Síochána said it is not its policy to comment on named individuals, but confirmed an inspection was carried out at a licensed premises in Mayo on Thursday.

Gardaí said a man in his 30s was arrested for Breaches of the Health Act following “unsuccessful engagement,” after officers alleged a number of breaches of public health regulations to the owner of the premises and requested it come into compliance.

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 12:56pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 3:22pm
Anyone know of any pubs in city centre that are operating under the 2 metre rule where you can just go 8n for pints with no time limit?  
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Anyone know of any pubs in city centre that are operating under the 2 metre rule where you can just go 8n for pints with no time limit?  

Try McG’s gaff
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I believe camden might be. Going to try it later. They are doing walk ins. Dont really fancy my chances though the the Manchester Derby then boxing.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 4:58pm
Most pubs will leave you alone as long as the table isn’t booked after you. Worst case they will move you to another table. I’d say you will be fine in the Camden
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:50pm
cheers chaps
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 6:03pm
As bsm says this is more about pubs turning over tables than anything 
AKA pedantic kunt
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:09pm
There's an anti vaccine protest outside RTE on Father Mathew Quay. The irony of all this is that if their grandparents didn't have a TB or Polio vaccine then a few of them wouldn't have been born.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443 839>
  Share Topic