You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 437438439440441 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Has anyone seen any death statistics published lately? Haven't seen anything since the summer. Big jump today 
Vast majority held over since last month
Deaths announced at 6pm are up to midnight the night before. So the majority of deaths announced today (1st Dec) would be from previous month (30th Nov)

Sorry, what i meant was has there been a break down or deaths by age published anywhere?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 9:37am
Anyone think there may be a chance of a grant for home office/external room (cabin) announced? Plenty of people making additions at home to accommodate for WFH.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Anyone think there may be a chance of a grant for home office/external room (cabin) announced? Plenty of people making additions at home to accommodate for WFH.

I doubt it sausy. They want people working from home at the moment but once this is over they will want them back in the towns and cities spending money. 
I think that type of incentive would rather come from the employers themselves trying to cut back on office space or as a perk for obtaining talent 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:04am
Here we go: Clap

Edited by ConorMac77 - 02 Dec 2020 at 10:06am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:06am

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Has anyone seen any death statistics published lately? Haven't seen anything since the summer. Big jump today 
Vast majority held over since last month
Deaths announced at 6pm are up to midnight the night before. So the majority of deaths announced today (1st Dec) would be from previous month (30th Nov)

Sorry, what i meant was has there been a break down or deaths by age published anywhere?
I haven't seen those in ages, no. I assume that most are in the 80+ age group, otherwise they'd tell us
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I doubt it sausy. They want people working from home at the moment but once this is over they will want them back in the towns and cities spending money. 
I think that type of incentive would rather come from the employers themselves trying to cut back on office space or as a perk for obtaining talent 

I don't think we'll ever have the same amount of people in offices again, personally I rather being in the office but I think a split between office & home will be forced on me. Where I work all the computers have been taken out as they were on lease and not being used as 90% of people are WFH. While docking stations can be used for laptops if people ever do come instead I don't think people will be back. Now I work for a bank with several office locations in Dublin so they can consolidate office space somewhat, I don't know what smaller business plan on doing.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 11:16am
I always had the flexibility and there are pros and cons for both. 
As I sit in an open floor plan and i spend 70% of the work hours on calls, its just easier working from home as it can get too noisy at times or else I am wrecking everyone's head while I'm talking all day. 

If I am not having too many calls then I am more tempted to go in because its always good to:
(A) meet up with the lads for lunch
(B) Check out all the sexy honey's 

Edited by t_rAndy - 02 Dec 2020 at 11:17am
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 11:25am
You kinda answered my question Sausy. So you think the bigger companies are going to reduce their office space and mix it up with wfh and office working on shared desk spaces. 

Do you think that they will change back to full offices once the vaccines are fully implemented (assuming they are working well)? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

You kinda answered my question Sausy. So you think the bigger companies are going to reduce their office space and mix it up with wfh and office working on shared desk spaces. 

Do you think that they will change back to full offices once the vaccines are fully implemented (assuming they are working well)? 

We had already started on agile working before covid. Desks numbers per team were being cut (we were meant to go from 7 down to 5 on our team) with most people WFM at least 1 day a week or doing condensed hours (I was doing 07:30 to 17:15 four days a week).

Nothing has officially been said but between voluntary redundancies and computers being removed we definitely think office space will be reduced with people continuing to work from home or taking advantage of empty spaces in branches etc. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 12:09pm
You would have to think that companies who managed to continue operating successfully during the last year and who may be paying big money for floor space in central business districts of main cities will start to take a look at this once "normality" is restored. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 12:17pm
it depends on the companies interests.  If they are also a company that have a vested interest in cities remaining all powerful they may not want to be the equivalent of turkeys voting for Christmas but then again they may not want to be the last people standing either.  
AKA pedantic kunt
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 12:21pm
Other than the UK have these vaccines actually been approved officially yet? I thought no so called experts had seen the data from the trials etc..
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Other than the UK have these vaccines actually been approved officially yet? I thought no so called experts had seen the data from the trials etc..
Sure i heard the 15th Dec in some US states
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 12:37pm
Looks like the end is in sight.
Ah well Sid and TJ, as they say all good things have to come to an end
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 12:43pm
I work for one of those old traditional multinational companies, they've definitely cut down on desk space, but that was on the cards before this. They'll never cut the office completely, I don't think staff or management want that. We've worked well so far, as it was just people working on existing teams moving to work on Zoom rather than sitting in the same office. When it starts to get to the stage that we need to hire new staff, graduates, or people moving teams, that stuff needs closer contact to get to know people. At the moment we're still working with people we know, so it's easy to continue the casual conversations, that's tougher to create from scratch.

I think working from home will be very different too once we reopen. It'll be a lot easier to work 3/4 days in your kitchen if you can go and do normal stuff in the evening and weekends. WFH isolation is tough when the rest of our lives is isolating too. Once one side is taken care of it'll be easier to work from home I'd say.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 12:47pm

HPSC at 29/11/2020 reported  total deaths 2,068 of which 1,923 had underlying clinical conditions (not sure what that means). Deaths per age category - aged 15-24 (1), aged 25-34 (6), aged 35-44 (12), aged 45-54 (32), aged 55-64 (89), aged 65-74 (307), aged 75-84 (707), aged 85+ (912) and aged unknown (2). May they all Rest in Peace.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 1:03pm
I was saying to my Dad that the over 70 think is a hard rule but I feel it really takes a massive change after 75.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 1:12pm
A song for Sid and TJ

And now, the end is near, its time to come out from behind the curtain
You've loved the world lockdown, for long enough, of that i'm certain
Scaremongering, for 9 long months
Close the schools, get off the highway!
But worse, much worse than this
You're back to work today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 437438439440441 839>
  Share Topic