You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 432433434435436 839>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

You've had it 14 times?! Are you a frontline worker Kevin? 

This should be the case with all hospital staff and care workers but it's not. My sister is a doctor and hasn't had the test once. 

I heard a terrible story about care workers that call to disabled people's homes, the company said they will only test their staff if they show symptoms. Two of his care workers: 1 lives with 8 people the other with 14 people. If he gets Covid with his dodgy immune system he will die. It's Russian roulette for him and it's awful that 9 months after this virus has arrived into Ireland that all care workers aren't regularly tested. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 4:40pm

I assume so.

My wife is a doctor so is tested regularly. Where she works they have a facility set up just for staff and family members.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/ireland-has-only-one-way-to-avoid-entering-third-lockdown-1.4411776?mode=amp

Remarkably a new Covid-19 Expert Advisory Group has just been set up to advise Nphet. The new committee has 38 members, of whom 30 are members of the Health Service Executive, the Health Information and Quality Authority or other government agencies. This is an “expert” committee which like Nphet itself has almost no relevant scientific expertise.

Of course they don't.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

There was thousands at the Blackrock market on Sunday. There wasn't enough room to be two meters apart from anyone.
St.Annes market which is in a big field and well spaced was cancelled for Level 5. It was open for the first weekend of it and was mobbed.

The st Anne’s market has been open for all of level 5....it was canceled last Saturday due to the area being flooded were it normally is.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/ireland-has-only-one-way-to-avoid-entering-third-lockdown-1.4411776?mode=amp

Remarkably a new Covid-19 Expert Advisory Group has just been set up to advise Nphet. The new committee has 38 members, of whom 30 are members of the Health Service Executive, the Health Information and Quality Authority or other government agencies. This is an “expert” committee which like Nphet itself has almost no relevant scientific expertise.

Of course they don't.
I think he means they're all from inside the tent (public sector) then outside the the tent. I don't really agree with the article to be fair. I'm struggling with this lockdown so defo don't want another prolonged one.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:24pm
Some lad from Retail Excellence on the 6 o'clock new tonight lobbying for shops to re-open for xmas shopping.  The presenter says ''covid spreads most indoors in busy environments with lots of people. That sounds a lot like Christmas shopping''.  Cue no decent reply bar 'we put in perspex and hand sanitiser'.

Lobby groups should have no place in public health advisory committees.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:29pm
Ya i hear the same about pubs and restaurants. Oh they spent a lot of money in the summer on perspex and hand sanitizer. Sure thats alright then. Take off your mask and in you come.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ya i hear the same about pubs and restaurants. Oh they spent a lot of money in the summer on perspex and hand sanitizer. Sure thats alright then. Take off your mask and in you come.

The Government will just have to subsidy these shops until the vaccine is rolled out.  I cant stand these lobby groups. No interest in public safety and only interested in $$$$$$

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

how many on here have had the covid test.   I haven’t to date.  

Never tested myself but my dad has been tested twice and waiting to be called third time. He was confirmed case and is 66 with underlying health issues. It was a severe cold to him. My aunt has been tested three times currently in hospital and she has breathing difficulties. Sister tested twice and is a nurse. Mrs has it in March/April and still suffers chest pains.

Outside of that very very few I know have had it or been tested for it. Work in a large company and only know of one that got it there.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

There was thousands at the Blackrock market on Sunday. There wasn't enough room to be two meters apart from anyone.
St.Annes market which is in a big field and well spaced was cancelled for Level 5. It was open for the first weekend of it and was mobbed.

The st Anne’s market has been open for all of level 5....it was canceled last Saturday due to the area being flooded were it normally is.
Ah right, was there last week and assumed it was closed for lockdown purposes
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:57am
While level 5 lockdown looks like it is not working the way it was expected, what is the next step from the multitude of experts calling the shots over here ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 11:54am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

While level 5 lockdown looks like it is not working the way it was expected, what is the next step from the multitude of experts calling the shots over here ?
Level 6!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 1:31pm

Have a look at the chart, we entered level 5 of Oct 19th. How's it not working?

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 2:44pm

Work in a community hospital, mainly a care of the elderly facility. Tested fortnightly. However I was deemed a close contact to our only positive case back in April so I was tested then too. To be fair it gives me a sense of confidence going home to my family that I've been tested negative.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 2:46pm

It is working as expected, it's certainly working around about what I expected, anyway
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Of course they don't.

Michael ‘minister for committees’ Martin strikes again.

Remarkably, being the head of our state, his lack of decisiveness is his biggest flaw. He would rather stack committees on top of each other then trust one of them and make a decision.

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 3:38pm
The impression I get is that NPHET are not the problem, as the impression I get is that is that if NPHET had their way, we would probably have gone with a Zero Covid strategy

But NPHET are not the government, they can only work within the constraints imposed by government, as we saw when NPHET wanted Level 5 and were very publicly rebuked by Varadkar, who then predictably ended up with egg on his face

To say that NPHET is the problem is like saying that people like (the very lovely) Devi Sridhar are the problem in Scotland, when she is obviously not
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:08am
Is there any need for NPHET to be on TV and their individuals on the news everyday? Are they not there to advise the Government who then make a decision based on NPHET advise and other socioeconomic factors? Surely just the figures on the news is enough with out seeing them interviewed everyday, their very much extended 15 minutes of fame is over.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 432433434435436 839>
  Share Topic