You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Massively encouraging drop in numbers. As always terrible that people are losing their lives 
Open the pubs

Wink
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Massively encouraging drop in numbers. As always terrible that people are losing their lives 
Steady as she goes. Should be interested to see how things are in a fortnight time when we should see the effects of L5. As it is L3 has done some good and helped break the bump for L5. If the numbers do reduce significantly, the Govt are going to have serious decisions to make..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Can you not just order socks on Amazon?
Fierce bang of Sarah Carey off that

For those who don't get the reference Carey made a tweet which had a fierce bang of Alan Partridge asking why the Irish couldn't eat in a modestly priced restaurant during famine times

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 7:25pm
I don't get it.

The 2 slides Dr. Gloom and Dr. Mald showed 16-29 y/o's (as we knew) are the ones spreading it to the elderly, so why the keep the education sector open.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 8:17pm
What’s with the continued use of the word “mald” and “malding”?

New hipster word?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What’s with the continued use of the word “mald” and “malding”?

New hipster word?

Refers to older angry lads that are mad and balding
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 11:22pm
Think it’s just Coyner who uses it 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I don't get it.

The 2 slides Dr. Gloom and Dr. Mald showed 16-29 y/o's (as we knew) are the ones spreading it to the elderly, so why the keep the education sector open.

I think there is a strong argument around closing 3rd level education.
Uni students are adults and 1 month is not going to make a difference to their education. 

Closing Primary/ secondary schools causes lots of issues for the parents and kids.

What will you do with no gym coyner?

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I don't get it.

Uni students are adults and 1 month is not going to make a difference to their education. 

Closing Primary/ secondary schools causes lots of issues for the parents and kids.

I have a new job starting Thursday so I think I will cope without it unlike in March LOL I think I will anyways....
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I don't get it.

There is also a thought that the closing of schools which will also include crèches will lead to a major headache for a hell of a lot of our healthcare and frontline staff 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 7:31pm
I got a notification from the NHS app saying someone had checked into the same location as me (might be shocked to find out it was the gym I was at LOL) and has tested positive with the message "Possible virus exposure"

But it gives absolutely nothing what to do from there. A quick google suggests there's alot of fake alerts but there's some real alerts. I'm a complete loss do I take this alert seriously?

Edited by coyne - 01 Nov 2020 at 7:41pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:13pm

I got a notification from the NHS app saying someone had checked into the same location as me (might be shocked to find out it was the gym I was at LOL) and has tested positive with the message "Possible virus exposure"

But it gives absolutely nothing what to do from there. A quick google suggests there's alot of fake alerts but there's some real alerts. I'm a complete loss do I take this alert seriously?

I’ve gotten this twice now 

Do nothing unless you get a 2nd message confirming the direct exposure has been confirmed. it will tell you how long to isolate for.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 10:00pm

Here's a mad suggestion maybe try and contact your GP or the NHS themselves instead of posting on a sports forum.

Would also say hopefully it's a false alarm and stay safe

Edited by lassassinblanc - 01 Nov 2020 at 10:01pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 12:08am
Ivor Cummins retweeting Nigel Farage today to add to his retweeting of Jim Corr and Niall Boylan this week.

Mr Cummins has zero medical qualifications.  Mr. Cummins who is trying to build a profile for himself (he has a book out , available in all good bookshops)  The man who in the summer with his guest Mr. Ron Daniels said there would be no 2nd wave.  Mr. Daniels said ''we would have to be prepared to hold our hands up if we are wrong''.

Mr. Daniels has not been invited on Cummins videos since.  Probably because he is too busy in ICU these days I would think. 

P.S. Ivor Cummins states at the end of his videos that he needs your financial support to keep his excellent video content coming your way. 

He also says we should follow the science yet then states suicide rates are up yet provides no evidence for this. 

Edited by Trap junior - 02 Nov 2020 at 12:28am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 1:06am
The Netherlands has not been flooded by the sea since 1953

Therefore according to INTERNET expert and anti-lockdown "campaigner" David Quinn, the Netherlands has wasted a truly astronomical amount of time, money and human energy in building flood defences

The threat that the sea would once again flood the Netherlands, according to Quinn, did not actually exist

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 9:22am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:33am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I wonder does Monty get lucrative corporate speaking gigs in Belgium telling them how the captaincy structure of the European Ryder Cup team can teach Belgian politics about best practice governing techniques

Paul McGinley must have made millions at this stage telling our corporate leaders about how business can learn leadership techniques from sport

Similarly Nigel Owens has taught our best and brightest business brains so much about how workers' rights can be kept in check by exerting a detached, friendly yet authoritarian control

Did anybody hear Jim Gavin on the Brendan O'Connor radio show on Sunday

Jim is on the above gravy train now

He was on to promote some event called "Leader's Lounge" (A Titan Experience Property - and Jim made sure to mention this) where "five of Ireland's top sporting LEADERS discuss how business can learn about LEADERSHIP from sport"

Jim was all about "process" and "culture" and "humility" and "control the controllables"

The five LEADERS are Jim himself, Irish womens' sacar's Lisa Fallon, Irish womens' rugby's Fiona Coghlan, Stuart Lancaster of Leinster rugby, and...

...who can guess the last one, go on, have one guess

You got it...it's Paul McGinley

Money for jam

No wonder McGinley is always laughing in any picture taken of him

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 5:27pm
What are your thoughts regarding December and Christmas in terms of restrictions?

I can't see us opening back up fully, even if the numbers are good at the time. 

Personally, i see the following in place:
Pubs open = No in Dublin, outdoor only in rest of country
Restaurants Open = No indoors, outdoor only
Non-Essential retail open = Yes back open, guidance on click and collect as much as possible. 
Travel = continue to remain as advice against non-essential
Household visits = One other household. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 839>
  Share Topic