You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 387388389390391 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The old lady of D'Olier Street should hang her head in shame for that bullsh*t ad she published yesterday

That's the Irish Times for those of you who don't understand my whimsy

The Journal fact checkers demolished the ad

Seems all you need to publish disinformation in the paper of record these days is dodgy American funding

Did it? Seems to be a lot of issues with the journal's story doing the rounds on social media. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

The old lady of D'Olier Street should hang her head in shame for that bullsh*t ad she published yesterday

That's the Irish Times for those of you who don't understand my whimsy

The Journal fact checkers demolished the ad

Seems all you need to publish disinformation in the paper of record these days is dodgy American funding

Did it? Seems to be a lot of issues with the journal's story doing the rounds on social media. 
The Journal didn't do a "story"

They did a fact check

And yet nobody can point out where they were wrong

What we do have is a lot of right wing snowflakes deeply offended that their paid advertorial was exposed as a sham

Facts don't care about right wing snowflakes' hurt feelings

Edited by sid waddell - 16 Oct 2020 at 5:14pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:22pm

Originally posted by Zilina Suvivor Zilina Suvivor wrote:

Just made it back from Zilina. Caught the train. What's this Covid thing? Is Sidney really a person or a bot? 
Any cans left, bud?
Sackable offense mentioning a rival brand...If he has any left they are defo cans of what is definitely the best lager in the world
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Just made it back from Zilina. Caught the train. What's this Covid thing? Is Sidney really a person or a bot? 
Any cans left, bud?
Sackable offense mentioning a rival brand...If he has any left they are defo cans of what is definitely the best lager in the world
Do they do Duvel in cans?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:40pm

Any cans left, bud?
Duvel is top fermented, not a lager.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Any cans left, bud?
Duvel is top fermented, not a lager.
I don't know the difference between lager and beer which looks like lager and have no interest in doing so

It's all the same to me

I know that Duvel tastes very nice and gives you a nice feeling inside
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:47pm
It may be a similar colour, but it doesn't look like lager either! Nice enough drop though.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:16pm
It causes many problems in society, but the devils buttermilk doesn't give you the virus.

Edited by planning - 16 Oct 2020 at 8:29pm
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

We only changed the rules today. Why change again before we have the chance to see the difference. The home visit ban is a game changer. Let's see the impact before causing enormous damage to economy and people's lives

The Counterfeit Medical Officer is not interested in economic damage. If he was, he would read the data and see that there is the grand total of 3 deaths per day, under existing restrictions. Now he and his shower of cranks at the Department of Hardship are having a LOL over "6 weeks" for Level 5. 

6 weeks later: Flu season: Another 6 weeks lads...
Hospital overcrowding season: Another 6 weeks...
Paddy's week/Mothers Day/Easter. Have Another 6 weeks...

So after 24 weeks of Level 5, to prevent 4 deaths per day... 

May. Ok, Level 4 is manageable. 

I read during the week that Australia imposed a 2 week lockdown following a sudden spike during their winter. They're now existing lockdown after 6 months. 6 months at Level 5 here will put and keep hundreds of thousands of people out of work. Me included. Over what? 3 deaths per day from 5 million people. Angry There's more deaths every winter from the bleedin flu. 

Still, as the title says, I try my best to remain calm, and not panic. 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:44pm
Think melbourne you mean planning not all of aus. Not sure if it was 5 months either. Think it might have been since july or August.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:51pm
I honestly think lockdowns cause more problems than they solve, longterm this will be a disaster for us. No chance will it be for 6 weeks. We will be lucky to get out of it for Paddy's day. 

Numbers will rise over the next three weeks level 5 or not. The virus spreads best in the home so initially things will get worse if we are home more.

Have things got worse in Dublin since level 3 was introduced? As expected first 3 weeks the cases went up and then it steadied out. It stayed at a steady rate while other parts of the Country the rate of infection was growing. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 9:03pm
I honestly think I know f**k all about it,  but i would love for the people in charge to listen to those that do 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

I honestly think lockdowns cause more problems than they solve, longterm this will be a disaster for us. No chance will it be for 6 weeks. We will be lucky to get out of it for Paddy's day. 

Numbers will rise over the next three weeks level 5 or not. The virus spreads best in the home so initially things will get worse if we are home more.

Have things got worse in Dublin since level 3 was introduced? As expected first 3 weeks the cases went up and then it steadied out. It stayed at a steady rate while other parts of the Country the rate of infection was growing. 
Lockdowns cause problems but not locking down will cause worse problems

People really need to consider the likely consequences of continual growth of spread and they are terrible

This is October 16th, March 16th is five months away, and March 16th is still basically the winter

What Dr. Nabarro from the WHO said was not an argument against lockdowns where they are needed

His words have predictably been mendaciously twisted by those with a right-wing political agenda

The issue is the lack of a proper find, test, trace and isolate system

That's how you're supposed to manage living with the virus

The issue is also lack of capacity in the health service which was a political decision taken over decades

That capacity can be improved modestly but no miracles can be performed 

There are definite cultural issues at play here too

Catholic areas of the north are the worst hit

Why is that? Well, Sinn Fein "led by example" with the Bobby Storey funeral, ah, sure it'll be grand, to be shure to be shure

After initially responding well, sorry to say it but the GAA has been a f**king DISGRACE over the last few months

The arrogance, the sickening true Gaelism, the weasel words about community and then turning around and f**king sh*tting all over the community, not just the community as a whole, ie. Ireland, but their own local communities

And it is unfortunate that clubs that have behaved responsibly, such as Charleville, suffer by association with those who didn't give a sh*t, like Blackrock

Presuming this virus is still a factor next year, club GAA has now proved beyond doubt that it cannot and should not go ahead, because too many of those involved will just take the piss

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 9:42pm
As someone who now acts as a carer for someone who has a serious and longstanding health condition, I have very grave doubts as to whether another lockdown is the correct approach.

Whilst we cannot diminish nor play down the seriousness of Covid, there is a very definite balance that needs to be maintained.

I know at least a couple of people with longstanding mental health problems who have struggled very greatly with the impact the government's reaction to all of this has taken upon them.

This really isn't as simple a situation to manage as both sides on the extremes of the divide on how we ought to react to this crisis like to make out.

I am extremely worried as to how all of this will play out, because this will affect me very directly.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 16 Oct 2020 at 9:47pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

As someone who now acts as a carer for someone who has a serious and longstanding health condition, I have very grave doubts as to whether another lockdown is the correct approach.

Whilst we cannot diminish nor play down the seriousness of Covid, there is  very definite balance that needs to be maintained.

I know at least a couple of people with longstanding mental health problems who have struggled very greatly with the impact the government's reaction to all of this has taken upon them.

This really isn't as simple a situation to manage as both sides on the extremes of the divide on how we ought to react to this crisis like to make out.

I am extremely worried as to how all of this will play out, because this will affect me very directly.
To balance it out a bit, my longstanding mental health issues have improved considerably during the past few months! I strongly believe the way we have been living life has been, for years, all wrong. That's what caused the mental health crisis in the first place! I am in daily contact with people for whom this is not the case , but I do feel that mental health is becoming, yet again, something to talk about rather than do something about.

It affects everyone directly! I just want to follow the experts who have some f**king notion! 

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Whilst we cannot diminish nor play down the seriousness of Covid, there is a very definite balance that needs to be maintained.

To balance it out a bit, my longstanding mental health issues have improved considerably during the past few months! I strongly believe the way we have been living life has been, for years, all wrong. That's what caused the mental health crisis in the first place! I am in daily contact with people for whom this is not the case , but I do feel that mental health is becoming, yet again, something to talk about rather than do something about.

It affects everyone directly! I just want to follow the experts who have some f**king notion! 

I can absolutely understand that point of view. We've a lot to learn from he Scandlinavians in terms of work/life balance. But I have been struggling with depression and anxiety recently, and whilst the meds are forthcoming, I just can't get to see anybody. 

The appointments with my GP have been over the phone and there's just no face-to-face treatments, ie CBT, available.

I've been drinking more since the lockdown, and have become more and more angry and frustrated.

I'll probably regret saying all of this tomorrow once the drink has worn off, but it's been extremely difficult for me, and no doubt many others. For certain people it seems this is all just a game, but for those of us genuinely affected, it really isn't.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 16 Oct 2020 at 10:21pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 11:08pm
The so called "Great Barrington Declaration" takes its modus operandi from several climate change denial "declarations"

It's an off the shelf astro-turf lobbying technique by libertarian think tank scumbags

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leipzig_Declaration

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 11:26pm

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Lockdowns cause problems but not locking down will cause worse problems

People really need to consider the likely consequences of continual growth of spread and they are terrible

This is October 16th, March 16th is five months away, and March 16th is still basically the winter

What Dr. Nabarro from the WHO said was not an argument against lockdowns where they are needed

His words have predictably been mendaciously twisted by those with a right-wing political agenda

The issue is the lack of a proper find, test, trace and isolate system

That's how you're supposed to manage living with the virus

The issue is also lack of capacity in the health service which was a political decision taken over decades

That capacity can be improved modestly but no miracles can be performed 

There are definite cultural issues at play here too

Catholic areas of the north are the worst hit

Why is that? Well, Sinn Fein "led by example" with the Bobby Storey funeral, ah, sure it'll be grand, to be shure to be shure

After initially responding well, sorry to say it but the GAA has been a f**king DISGRACE over the last few months

The arrogance, the sickening true Gaelism, the weasel words about community and then turning around and f**king sh*tting all over the community, not just the community as a whole, ie. Ireland, but their own local communities

And it is unfortunate that clubs that have behaved responsibly, such as Charleville, suffer by association with those who didn't give a sh*t, like Blackrock

Presuming this virus is still a factor next year, club GAA has now proved beyond doubt that it cannot and should not go ahead, because too many of those involved will just take the piss

Good points

You should write it on the gaa board for some good debate LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 387388389390391 839>
  Share Topic