You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 351352353354355 839>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

American politics hasn't been intellectual or highbrow for a very long time

American politics is the same as British elections where we have 2 idiots in charge but they're gonna get re-elected purely on the basis their oppositions are pathetic and nothing else.

Trump and Boris could spend the next month licking people's faces and they'd still win the standard of the opposition is so poor.

1 man who's definitely on another planet however is Boris, this whole promise of pregnancy-style COVID tests where ya stick something in your flute or your vagina and in 10 minutes it'll tell you if you're giving birth to COVID. It's all fantasy stuff he must dream of at night.. He can't even get test centres setup properly never mind invent something - The main issue which is taking place right now in the English news is the North East lockdown and why it's come to this - Because there's 1 test centre in 40 mile radius and it was only setup last week LOL

40 miles is like Sunderland to North Shields maybe, so that covers the entire population of Sunderland, Durham, South Shields and Newcastle. So when you finally get there you're camping outside like a naff Glastonbury gig.
Sunderland to north shields in 11 miles
There's three test centres within 5 miles of me, a drive through a mile up the road in great park, a walk in centre in Byker and another at the old general up the west end. You're not allowed near these places without a booking which can take a few hours refreshing online but it's hardly the portal from 2012.

We've only 1, at Doxford Park, which can be some way out from the actual centre of Sunderland if you don't drive!
But even then, 4 test centres for the approximate population of about 600,000 people? 

I saw someone post about the NHS asking the NSE for help, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true based on those figures alone just for 2 cities.
What do you think of the local lockdown from tomorrow? They are not going to get any engagement on it. Talking to people at work and looking at social media(I know!) there is no public goodwill and the new rules are going to be largely ignored. 

Personally I'm absolutely devastated, I've been put back on furlough until end of October as a result so I'm currently having a bottle of Jamesons to unwind a bit Clap

I think social media has to take alot of the blame, there's far too much anti-COVID propaganda where people think f**k it let's not give a sh*t and it's led to this.

Is it the same for you on your social media feeds?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Just heard on RTE news that the NHS has asked the HSE to help them with testing.

Presume the 6 counties NHS?
Across the puddle... the rundown NHS relying on a run down HSE is a bit mental.

How in the name of f**k would the HSE be able to help anyone out LOL
I knowLOL
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:06pm

American politics is the same as British elections where we have 2 idiots in charge but they're gonna get re-elected purely on the basis their oppositions are pathetic and nothing else.

Trump and Boris could spend the next month licking people's faces and they'd still win the standard of the opposition is so poor.

1 man who's definitely on another planet however is Boris, this whole promise of pregnancy-style COVID tests where ya stick something in your flute or your vagina and in 10 minutes it'll tell you if you're giving birth to COVID. It's all fantasy stuff he must dream of at night.. He can't even get test centres setup properly never mind invent something - The main issue which is taking place right now in the English news is the North East lockdown and why it's come to this - Because there's 1 test centre in 40 mile radius and it was only setup last week LOL

40 miles is like Sunderland to North Shields maybe, so that covers the entire population of Sunderland, Durham, South Shields and Newcastle. So when you finally get there you're camping outside like a naff Glastonbury gig.
There's three test centres within 5 miles of me, a drive through a mile up the road in great park, a walk in centre in Byker and another at the old general up the west end. You're not allowed near these places without a booking which can take a few hours refreshing online but it's hardly the portal from 2012.

We've only 1, at Doxford Park, which can be some way out from the actual centre of Sunderland if you don't drive!
But even then, 4 test centres for the approximate population of about 600,000 people? 

I saw someone post about the NHS asking the NSE for help, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true based on those figures alone just for 2 cities.
What do you think of the local lockdown from tomorrow? They are not going to get any engagement on it. Talking to people at work and looking at social media(I know!) there is no public goodwill and the new rules are going to be largely ignored. 

Personally I'm absolutely devastated, I've been put back on furlough until end of October as a result so I'm currently having a bottle of Jamesons to unwind a bit Clap

I think social media has to take alot of the blame, there's far too much anti-COVID propaganda where people think f**k it let's not give a sh*t and it's led to this.

That's rubbish about the furlough. Luckily I haven't been on that but a couple of friends have and they've said it's tough going. Will there still be a job at the end of it for you? 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:13pm

That's rubbish about the furlough. Luckily I haven't been on that but a couple of friends have and they've said it's tough going. Will there still be a job at the end of it for you? 

Yeah that it's been wound down I'm pretty much on benefits money plus a bit extra now. Has it affected you much?

Generally I think this is the calm before the storm when it comes to unemployment, companies will receive £1000 per employee who are still with you in January who were furloughed which means in February they're free to sack you.

So basically I think alot of companies are looking to cash in on this grant and then get rid, me being one of them so I've decided to be pre-emptive and start looking elsewhere.

I've thought about seeing my relatives in Galway before I get this new job but I'm not 100% sure regarding will I be expected to self-isolate for 14 days, because then the costs kinda add up?
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:35pm
[/QUOTE]

Yeah that it's been wound down I'm pretty much on benefits money plus a bit extra now. Has it affected you much?

Generally I think this is the calm before the storm when it comes to unemployment, companies will receive £1000 per employee who are still with you in January who were furloughed which means in February they're free to sack you.

So basically I think alot of companies are looking to cash in on this grant and then get rid, me being one of them so I've decided to be pre-emptive and start looking elsewhere.

I've thought about seeing my relatives in Galway before I get this new job but I'm not 100% sure regarding will I be expected to self-isolate for 14 days, because then the costs kinda add up?
[/QUOTE]
Financially it's been great for me! Myself and the wife working from home, no nursery costs for 4 months for my youngest, no holidays, no gigs, no wild sessions. If I had no fun for the rest of my life I'd be financially well off! I miss the interaction with people badly, work and socially. I went to Stack last week which wasn't great, you been out much around town? 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:53pm
1 death today. We've reached the tipping point. Close the pubs, cafes, and restaurants. Again. 

The cranks now running the show, will have a lot to answer for in the years to come. Lost jobs, businesses closed, silent stadiums, cancelled concerts, no travel, useless mask wearing, economic recession. Every ad break, every news bulletin, every sports report, every event that still runs, is dominated by info a bug that kills a handful of people at most per day. Eventually people get bored of hearing the same old monotonous info belted out every day, from cranks who know everything about R numbers and nothing about people. 

One death in one day. (probably several weeks ago)  The apocalypse is nigh. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 12:03am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

1 death today. We've reached the tipping point. Close the pubs, cafes, and restaurants. Again. 

The cranks now running the show, will have a lot to answer for in the years to come. Lost jobs, businesses closed, silent stadiums, cancelled concerts, no travel, useless mask wearing, economic recession. Every ad break, every news bulletin, every sports report, every event that still runs, is dominated by info a bug that kills a handful of people at most per day. Eventually people get bored of hearing the same old monotonous info belted out every day, from cranks who know everything about R numbers and nothing about people. 

One death in one day. (probably several weeks ago)  The apocalypse is nigh. 

Piss off. Have a look whats happening around europe. If you do noting put 2 and 2 together to see what happens. How can some people come out with this sh1te. Join the anti mask protest and moan to them.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:19am

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Just heard on RTE news that the NHS has asked the HSE to help them with testing.

Presume the 6 counties NHS?
Across the puddle... the rundown NHS relying on a run down HSE is a bit mental.

How in the name of f**k would the HSE be able to help anyone out LOL
I knowLOL

The HSE, a diamond in the rough Clap
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 11:02am
That's like Chris Ronaldo asking Connor Sammon for help with his game in the final third
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 11:20am

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

So anybody that disagrees with her is now racist is that it Sid? Not the fact that she is completely useless?

If you disagree with the wearing of masks you’re also a racist probably in the warped mind of Sid

PM too who started all of this!

And then he goes on to highlight a cartoon picture, which was very a distasteful image, but not for the reasons he was saying it was.

And even the replies to the said article acknowledged the fact it was directly aimed at her diabetes condition rather than skin colour, replies can be seen here here https://twitter.com/George_Osborne/status/872401042348158977

And then the fruitloop judicial of YBIG came out in force started screaming racist.

But in their warped heads you must agree with her otherwise you're a racist. 

I shared an article about how she was racially targeted in the media and all you are capable of is looking at the cartoon. I never mentioned the cartoon, the cartoon itself, why are you going on about it?

The only thing that is 'fruitloop', as ever, is you. You're a dull boy who tries to debate things you couldn't possibly understand. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 11:23am
I think 99.9% of people would prefer being dull over being an odious pond life who falsely screams racism Thumbs Up

@Coyner:

Join Sid on holidays. Actually, not the first time you cant help yourself when outwitted, have an extended break. 

Edited by Sham157 - 18 Sep 2020 at 2:17pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 11:25am

I think 99.9% of people would prefer being dull over being an odious pond life who falsely screams racism Thumbs Up
An unrelated personal attack, I assume a holiday?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 11:30am
Outbreak in the Bridge House Hotel in Tullamore. Sham157 isolated himself from this by being barred from the hotel for life back in 2011. Now that's foresight.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 12:52pm

Where did he “falsely scream racism”?

Do you still honestly believe Diane Abbott has never been targeted due to the colour of her skin?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 12:53pm
Big outbreak in Mayobridge up North, our Gaelic match called off tonight! Apparently 12 of their senior players tested positive.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Outbreak in the Bridge House Hotel in Tullamore. Sham157 isolated himself from this by being barred from the hotel for life back in 2011. Now that's foresight.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. LOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 3:07pm

Hard to get a decent black diamond television these days.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 3:48pm

Hard to get a decent black diamond television these days.
LOLEmbarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 351352353354355 839>
  Share Topic