You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The Kildare testing centre is closed

Kildare people are being told to travel to Lansdowne Road if they want to get tested

Cian O'Neill will be on tomorrow's Six-One with a defiant declaration that it's #newbridgeornowhere
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I was in Tayto park today and the place was full of UK reg cars. Good number from the North too.

Yellow reg caravans rolling of the stenna everyday by the bucket load and 3 counties in lockdown, strategic thinking at its very best
Getting old and intolerant
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:07am
was in Donegal for a week and the only tourists we met were from this Island. Live in County Galway and have yet to meet the droves of foreign tourists that certain posters seem to think are overrunning the country.

Bed occupancy in Dublin Hotels is averaging 25% so where are all these Tourists???
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:16am
We are lucky that we have several posters on this forum who work at ports and keep detailed registers of the number of cars disembarking from ferries, how many people are inside them and the purpose of their journeys
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 2:34pm
Work at the tunnel as some of you know. We have detailed figures of our hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly etc etc traffic volumes that takes into account ferry arrival/departure times, types of ferries (passenger/freight, RO-RO, LO-LO). When what I’m reading (shift reports/traffic volume reports), seeing personally (with my own eyes) and hearing from colleagues who work in the toll booths (when I’m on shift of course) is a huge increase in both British and NI reg vehicles, including cars with families and a lot of campervans all coming from the Port, then its safe to say there is a big increase in such tourists. A simple comparison to a few weeks ago speaks volumes. In fact one of the biggest increases we have seen in the last while is British registered campervans smacking into height restrictor barriers in toll lanes.   

Now there is also an increase in Irish reg vehicles coming off ferries  also but less noticeable and a slight increase in mainland European vehicles. 

As an edit, ill just add that the above accounts only for traffic that exits the port and travels via the tunnel to their destination, so clearly does not cover every vehicle passenger on board a ship.

Edited by Sham157 - 08 Aug 2020 at 2:36pm
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 5:26pm
came to Galway today from limerick and the amount of uk and NI reg vehicles 🚗 n the road was unbelievable. Also loads of UK campervans 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 5:52pm
Drove around Salthill this afternoon

Saw 0 UK reg vehicles
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 6:04pm
174 cases

Arrrrggggghhhhhhh

We dead

Wildfire, wildfire
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 6:10pm
The summer it has passed
And the winter's going to last
And the Covid cases are growing on the trees
And my little heart is sad
Cause I have to protect my Dad
And the craic is travelling far away from me
And I look on in despair
At the Covid of Kildare
For it's there I'll find tidings of the fear
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 7:54pm
Funny no Irish News channel carrying this story, goes to show, we are kept in dark and feed crap

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/may/14/everyones-on-top-of-you-sneezing-and-coughing-life-inside-irelands-meat-plants-covid-19

Edited by Huggybeer - 08 Aug 2020 at 7:55pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 8:25pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 8:36pm
A load ill-informed, xenophobic garbage, as per usual.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 08 Aug 2020 at 8:37pm
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Where? I'm not asking this in a smartarse way. I just don't see it. There's certainly a fair bit of commentary that amounts to, "I travelled for 2 miles in a place and there were loads of Americans and English so we're f**ked" vs " I travelled for 2 miles in a place and there were no Americans and English so we're grand". The only person that's commented on this that appears to work in an industry that might actually have something approaching proper knowledge, is Sham, but you don't comment on that at all. Anyway, the comments made generally appear to be anecdotal in nature and should be treated as such. I don't see the xenophobia angle at all.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Where? I'm not asking this in a smartarse way. I just don't see it. There's certainly a fair bit of commentary that amounts to, "I travelled for 2 miles in a place and there were loads of Americans and English so we're f**ked" vs " I travelled for 2 miles in a place and there were no Americans and English so we're grand". The only person that's commented on this that appears to work in an industry that might actually have something approaching proper knowledge, is Sham, but you don't comment on that at all. Anyway, the comments made generally appear to be anecdotal in nature and should be treated as such. I don't see the xenophobia angle at all.

Yo Paulie, Just don't get mentally irregular

Synopsis (Rocky III) | Total Rocky

Edited by Trap junior - 08 Aug 2020 at 10:16pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:38pm

What comments are xenophobic, the irritation is that we are dealing with a pandemic by locking down 3 counties and at the same time we are allowing large numbers of potential external carriers, from other countries applying different rules to our own, roam without restriction.

Now role over your word of the day calendar and see what tomorrow brings
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Yo Paulie, Just don't get mentally irregular

Synopsis (Rocky III) | Total Rocky

I will if I want.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 2:03pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/coronavirus-new-zealand-marks-100-days-without-domestic-case/ar-BB17Kz94?li=BBr5KbJ

How a lockdown should have been managed

Could they have managed that with a fifth of their island being in a different jurisdiction? I don't buy the narrating that the government has handled things well but it's not a like for like comparison, they're far more isolated than we are.

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 09 Aug 2020 at 2:12pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 839>
  Share Topic