You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 301302303304305 839>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:21am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

5700 new cases in Spain today, compared to only 500 last week.

UK heading on a dangerous road too. Testing still non-existent too, yer man here who went on a rampaging all day bender across the city with his positive test, the trace and test system didn't even bother contacting them and when they voluntarily handed themselves in to hospitals to be tested, they got told to sod off. Baffling beyond belief.

What do you suggest we do? As there is no second lockdown coming. Cash will be king second time around, to save me writing an essay. The U.K. doesn’t have it. 
The median death age of a Covid patient is 82, the average life expectancy in the U.K., also happens to be 82. There needs to be a certain amount of death politicians need to accept, they’re never getting to vocalise it, but that’s the reality. 
You can’t show up at a hospital to get tested? That’s a horrific idea. Appear where the most vulnerable are.. a quick 111 call and get booked into your local Covid test centre. Me and you live in the same country, it honestly works. The U.K. has the capacity to test 340,000 a day if needs be. Believe it or not some people don’t want to be tested or tracked as they simply can’t afford the time of work.
Cases will rise, due to the economy opening and secondly a better testing programme. The fact the U.K. hasn’t developed an app, when all the other large nations have is beyond a joke. Boris has f**ked this. But we need to be real, we can’t close everything again. The public will power simply isn’t there, along with finances. 

Edited by Olaf - 05 Aug 2020 at 12:24am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:38am
Quote  What do you suggest we do? As there is no second lockdown coming. Cash will be king second time around, to save me writing an essay. The U.K. doesn’t have it.

I honestly don't know. But you're right.

Quote You can’t show up at a hospital to get tested? That’s a horrific idea. Appear where the most vulnerable are.. a quick 111 call and get booked into your local Covid test centre

Actually none here unless you have a car! Shows how lacking it is. I just happened to get tested out of curiosity as I was running a fever related to another illness, which came back negative

Quote Believe it or not some people don’t want to be tested or tracked as they simply can’t afford the time of work.

£1000 fine if you're in public space knowing you had symptoms. I suspect yer man up here has been slapped with that as he knew he had a pending result while going out on the bender. It's not great but I'd take the 2 weeks SSP over a possible £1000 fine which is effectively a months wage on average.

Quote The fact the U.K. hasn’t developed an app

Correct. Leicester and Blackburn city councils developed their own tracking apps within 10 days of their lockdowns whilst the National one still isn't developed

Edited by coyne - 05 Aug 2020 at 12:44am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 8:14am

Quote  What do you suggest we do? As there is no second lockdown coming. Cash will be king second time around, to save me writing an essay. The U.K. doesn’t have it.

I can’t see the UK doing another lockdown either.

They really have messed this up badly from day 1.
Introduced the lockdown too late, terrible guidance, no tracing app, masks should have been compulsory months ago (once the NHS has a chance to stock up), the number of deaths in the care homes needs to be investigated etc 

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I can’t see the UK doing another lockdown either.

They really have messed this up badly from day 1.
Introduced the lockdown too late, terrible guidance, no tracing app, masks should have been compulsory months ago (once the NHS has a chance to stock up), the number of deaths in the care homes needs to be investigated etc 

It will be localised lockdowns I woukd guess apart from London which given its importance to the uk economy wont lock down again even if it turns into a scene from 28 days 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

What do you suggest we do? 

Ireland: 0 Deaths for 5 consecutive days. Thumbs Up

The Minister For Hardship hereby declares the following orders on the nation.  

Shut the pubs. Nuke
Shut the clubs. Nuke
Shut the gyms. Nuke
Shut the stadiums. Nuke
Stay 2m apart. Nuke
Wear the rags. Nuke
Isolate yourself. Nuke
Enforce quarantine. Nuke

Keep paying PUPS. Nuke
Bankrupt the nation. Nuke

Complying with the above measures is required, in case we enter the apocalyptic rate of 1 death per week shortly. Nuke
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 8:59am
Gold over $2,000 now and rising! if ye have a few pound put away then invest it in gold! US economy won't be able to counteract the rising gold value for at least another 12/18 months
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 9:13am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Shut the pubs. Nuke
Shut the clubs. Nuke
Shut the gyms. Nuke
Shut the stadiums. Nuke
Stay 2m apart. Nuke
Wear the rags. Nuke
Isolate yourself. Nuke
Enforce quarantine. Nuke

Keep paying PUPS. Nuke

Complying with the above measures is required, in case we enter the apocalyptic rate of 1 death per week shortly. Nuke

You do.realise.there is a 3 week lag in cases to deaths.   The reason we have 0 deaths at the moment is the rate was so low a.few weeks ago..  it's now picking.up.   in addition younger people.are getting.the virus now compsted to previously.   Doesnt mean it wont be passed on if it gets out of control.
AKA pedantic kunt
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Shut the pubs. Nuke
Shut the clubs. Nuke
Shut the gyms. Nuke
Shut the stadiums. Nuke
Stay 2m apart. Nuke
Wear the rags. Nuke
Isolate yourself. Nuke
Enforce quarantine. Nuke

Keep paying PUPS. Nuke

You do.realise.there is a 3 week lag in cases to deaths.   The reason we have 0 deaths at the moment is the rate was so low a.few weeks ago..  it's now picking.up.   in addition younger people.are getting.the virus now compsted to previously.   Doesnt mean it wont be passed on if it gets out of control.

If course he realises it. It's willful ignorance. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 10:41am

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 05 Aug 2020 at 10:49am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 10:46am

Shut the pubs. Nuke
Shut the clubs. Nuke
Shut the gyms. Nuke
Shut the stadiums. Nuke
Stay 2m apart. Nuke
Wear the rags. Nuke
Isolate yourself. Nuke
Enforce quarantine. Nuke

Keep paying PUPS. Nuke

Are. You. Posting. Via. Telegram. Stop.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:21pm
It's mad that the lads who were going on about so called "scaremongering" seem to be obsessed with being the victims of nukes

Almost like they don't believe a word they say and are self consciously trolling
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:55pm
Is the government and public policy choice now to reach Covid 0?

Wasn't particularly impressed with Donelly on Prime Time last night as he gave no clear indication of government direction.

Obviously the nature of this is fluid but I have no idea what we're aiming for now. The UCC academic was pushing the covid zero idea but also admitted that a vaccine may take a number of years if it ever arrives.

They need to regulate meat processing factories, direct provision centres and also large indoor gatherings (house parties).

Government communication has been very poor since the summer and their planning has been also.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Wasn't particularly impressed with Donelly on Prime Time last night as he gave no clear indication of government direction.

Obviously the nature of this is fluid but I have no idea what we're aiming for now. The UCC academic was pushing the covid zero idea but also admitted that a vaccine may take a number of years if it ever arrives.

They need to regulate meat processing factories, direct provision centres and also large indoor gatherings (house parties).

Government communication has been very poor since the summer and their planning has been also.

Of course it’s poor, it’s a f**ked together coalition with 3 part time taoisigh , a very large kitchen with a swarm of chefs, bloody mayhem.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Of course it’s poor, it’s a f**ked together coalition with 3 part time taoisigh , a very large kitchen with a swarm of chefs, bloody mayhem.
Youngbilly, a bit naive of you to think that the parties in government are different. They are the same just have different names. 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 05 Aug 2020 at 6:32pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 6:50pm
oh that they are CH,but I suspect conflicting opinion still at work,desperately trying to be top dog in the kennel.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 7:08pm

You do.realise.there is a 3 week lag in cases to deaths.   The reason we have 0 deaths at the moment is the rate was so low a.few weeks ago..  it's now picking.up.   in addition younger people.are getting.the virus now compsted to previously.

And they're all surviving the virus. Every single one of them. 0 Deaths 6 days in a row.

All I did was read the data, not invent lags and devise conspiracy theories. 
If people read the data properly, they might be able to make better decisions. If it's 77 deaths in one day, as it was, then bear it in mind and take appropriate action. When there are 0 deaths recorded over 6 days, then respond to that accordingly. 

The killjoys in charge should stop making decisions based on pie in the sky erroneous forecasts and just read the data they're given. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Shut the pubs. Nuke
Shut the clubs. Nuke
Shut the gyms. Nuke
Shut the stadiums. Nuke
Stay 2m apart. Nuke
Wear the rags. Nuke
Isolate yourself. Nuke
Enforce quarantine. Nuke

Keep paying PUPS. Nuke

Are. You. Posting. Via. Telegram. Stop.

For some reason the phone does it think its because space bar and full stop are beside each other :)   
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 7:23pm

You do.realise.there is a 3 week lag in cases to deaths.   The reason we have 0 deaths at the moment is the rate was so low a.few weeks ago..  it's now picking.up.   in addition younger people.are getting.the virus now compsted to previously.

And they're all surviving the virus. Every single one of them. 0 Deaths 6 days in a row.

All I did was read the data, not invent lags and devise conspiracy theories. 
If people read the data properly, they might be able to make better decisions. If it's 77 deaths in one day, as it was, then bear it in mind and take appropriate action. When there are 0 deaths recorded over 6 days, then respond to that accordingly. 

The killjoys in charge should stop making decisions based on pie in the sky erroneous forecasts and just read the data they're given. 

Lags are not inventions.  Typically it takes 14 days for the virus to materialize and then 7 days of fighting it before someone passes away and its recorded.  .
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 301302303304305 839>
  Share Topic