You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 300301302303304 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

It’s not a state of emergency because Manchester is not a state LOL

And secondly it’s a precautionary measure so that the council have more access to Government funds as they’re dealing with a larger population.

The problem with England right now is Boris sold this fantasy of that the virus is disappearing, the 1m rule is gonna be abolished in November and life will return to complete normality then it took a verbal bollocking live on TV on Friday from his own Chief Medic Officer for him to down tools and realise that England are in for the long slog

You do realise a State of Emergency can be declared anywhere, not just entire states?

No it can't. If a state of Emergency was applied it would apply to the entirety of England not 1 part of it.
The risk in Manchester has been declared a 'Major incident' basically the same level as a terrorist attack, for reasons I mentioned above.

Why have they done that? Because as said 26 councils are above the 1 R rate, a good 12+ out of those 26 are in the Manchester region; Oldham, Stockport etc.

I happen to live on the border of one of those councils in lockdown. I live in Cheshire East, 5 mins from Altrincham (Trafford). I’ll sum Manchester up at the minute. You can get sacked for refusing to go to your office, fined £100 for having someone in your garden. And given 50% off to go for a meal out. The entire thing is laughable.
 I was in ‘lockdown’ Manchester earlier in kwik fit and went for lunch.. yeah it seemed completely normal. 
I can't imagine the food was good there.

Bit rubbery
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 7:19pm
I would not tread to Kwik Fit for food
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 7:22pm
You could eat there for free every day and still not get a Goodyear. You would probably end up looking like the Michelin Man too and after putting on all that weight you would probably have to get some new treads.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 7:41pm
Do bars in Belfast show sport on the TVs since they've reopened since lockdown?

Anyone know of any that do?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 7:45pm
Kwik Fit are aiming to remould the Manchester lunch experience 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Do bars in Belfast show sport on the TVs since they've reopened since lockdown?

Anyone know of any that do?

Are you not from Belfast or live there?! LOL

You tell us ffs!! 

Tongue

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 7:57pm
LOL
I’m not from Belfast thankfully

Haven’t been in a bar since March so was just wondering if any northern forum members have and know the score 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 8:22pm
Yes, the Botanic Inn in Belfast was bunged for Liverpool's last game of the season. Seemed like normal times except no standing at the bar ( though you could order your round there and take it down ) and change put on counter rather than transferred hand to hand. Not much evidence of food about though they do sell it. The so-called 'wet' pubs that serve drink only open this day week so some semblance of normality likely to return.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Those who told us that we would have 15,000 cases by the end of March. Should they be avoided also ? 

Their credibility was irreparably damaged after that. Unfortunately they're still making most of the major decisions based on forecasts instead of facts, and because they're making them on forecasts instead of facts, they're still getting most of them wrong.

Abroad, a F1 driver who spent the past 6 weeks locked up in a facerag because he was told to do it for his own protection, tested positive last week. Didn't help him much. While since the brits imposed a mandatory wearing of facerags, cases have shot up, and lockdown measures reimposed. Laughably, they still insist that the wearing of the rags is adequate  "protection" that guarantees your safety. LOLLOLLOL

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There's no drastic rise in deaths because there's a four to eight week delay in those figures. People dying today almost certainly caught it in June.

We are constantly force-fed the tall tale that upon feeling symptoms, we have to isolate for 14 days. It doesn't take 8 weeks to die from the virus. 

Still incredible that people can't read basic data. 0 deaths again today, 0 in the past 4 days. A modest increase in cases was expected once we started regaining our sanity and opened up the country, as it has everywhere else. Most of the current spike is concentrated in small clusters. But you don't need a qualification in maths to recognise that the overwhelming majority of people do not die from this, and are not dying from it in Ireland atm. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Those who told us that we would have 15,000 cases by the end of March. Should they be avoided also ? 

Their credibility was irreparably damaged after that. Unfortunately they're still making most of the major decisions based on forecasts instead of facts, and because they're making them on forecasts instead of facts, they're still getting most of them wrong.

Abroad, a F1 driver who spent the past 6 weeks locked up in a facerag because he was told to do it for his own protection, tested positive last week. Didn't help him much. While since the brits imposed a mandatory wearing of facerags, cases have shot up, and lockdown measures reimposed. Laughably, they still insist that the wearing of the rags is adequate  "protection" that guarantees your safetyLOLLOLLOL

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There's no drastic rise in deaths because there's a four to eight week delay in those figures. People dying today almost certainly caught it in June.

We are constantly force-fed the tall tale that upon feeling symptoms, we have to isolate for 14 days. It doesn't take 8 weeks to die from the virus. 

Still incredible that people can't read basic data. 0 deaths again today, 0 in the past 4 days. A modest increase in cases was expected once we started regaining our sanity and opened up the country, as it has everywhere else. Most of the current spike is concentrated in small clusters. But you don't need a qualification in maths to recognise that the overwhelming majority of people do not die from this, and are not dying from it in Ireland atm. 

Find me evidence that any scientist wrote that says a mask guarantees your safety. Absolute horse sh*t statement.   It reduces your chances if you alone wear one and reduces your chances again if another person you are in a confined space with also wears one. 

Sure why bother wearing condoms?  How many people have had unprotected sex with strangers and not gotten aids!  How many people die of aids in Ireland every year? 1? 0?  Such an overblown virus it was.  We are the stupid ones for wearing condoms for the last 20 years!  We have egg on our face!

Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:14pm

And secondly it’s a precautionary measure so that the council have more access to Government funds as they’re dealing with a larger population.

The problem with England right now is Boris sold this fantasy of that the virus is disappearing, the 1m rule is gonna be abolished in November and life will return to complete normality then it took a verbal bollocking live on TV on Friday from his own Chief Medic Officer for him to down tools and realise that England are in for the long slog

You do realise a State of Emergency can be declared anywhere, not just entire states?

No it can't. If a state of Emergency was applied it would apply to the entirety of England not 1 part of it.
The risk in Manchester has been declared a 'Major incident' basically the same level as a terrorist attack, for reasons I mentioned above.

Why have they done that? Because as said 26 councils are above the 1 R rate, a good 12+ out of those 26 are in the Manchester region; Oldham, Stockport etc.

I happen to live on the border of one of those councils in lockdown. I live in Cheshire East, 5 mins from Altrincham (Trafford). I’ll sum Manchester up at the minute. You can get sacked for refusing to go to your office, fined £100 for having someone in your garden. And given 50% off to go for a meal out. The entire thing is laughable.
 I was in ‘lockdown’ Manchester earlier in kwik fit and went for lunch.. yeah it seemed completely normal. 

Tad rubbery.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:25pm

Tad rubbery.
And skid marks on your jocks later that day..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:29pm

I thought you were living in Spain? You've gone from Spain to Kwik Fit in Cheshire, it's a bit a fall from grace innit Topper?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 11:59pm
He tyred very quickly of pretending he was living an I'm alright jack existence in Spain
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'm far from the smartest lad but Christ this pandemic has exposed a lot of idiots

no sh*t Sherlock LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:58pm
5700 new cases in Spain today, compared to only 500 last week.

UK heading on a dangerous road too. Testing still non-existent too, yer man here who went on a rampaging all day bender across the city with his positive test, the trace and test system didn't even bother contacting them and when they voluntarily handed themselves in to hospitals to be tested, they got told to sod off. Baffling beyond belief.

Edited by coyne - 04 Aug 2020 at 10:58pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'm far from the smartest lad but Christ this pandemic has exposed a lot of idiots

no sh*t Sherlock LOL

But thankfully I am far from the thickest lad.  I am thankful my IQ is bigger than your cock.

My IQ is 2

Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 11:30pm
Anyone ever try the Continental Brakefast at KwikFit? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 300301302303304 839>
  Share Topic