You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 3:30pm
I'm far from the smartest lad but Christ this pandemic has exposed a lot of idiots
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 3:48pm
Meanwhile a state of emergency has been declared in Greater Manchester due to the spike there. England is having a bad pandemic generally because of poor government. Dr Michael Levitt, a Nobel Laureate whose predictions are said to have been highly accurate to date, is of the view that Ireland will not have to suffer a second wave.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Meanwhile a state of emergency has been declared in Greater Manchester due to the spike there. England is having a bad pandemic generally because of poor government. Dr Michael Levitt, a Nobel Laureate whose predictions are said to have been highly accurate to date, is of the view that Ireland will not have to suffer a second wave.

If we have ongoing and intermittent interventions then it will just be a constant presence but at a lowish level.  If we opened up and returned to normal like the loons want then it would be massively widespread and cause chaos.

I can't see the pubs opening on the 10 August.  It would be a very bad decision to reopen.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 4:00pm
Somebody told me there that the green list
Is going to be binned altogether in the next fortnight. Not that it gave us much flexibility to get away.

Airlines are beyond goosed.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 4:01pm
It’s not a state of emergency because Manchester is not a state LOL

And secondly it’s a precautionary measure so that the council have more access to Government funds as they’re dealing with a larger population.

The problem with England right now is Boris sold this fantasy of that the virus is disappearing, the 1m rule is gonna be abolished in November and life will return to complete normality then it took a verbal bollocking live on TV on Friday from his own Chief Medic Officer for him to down tools and realise that England are in for the long slog
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Somebody told me there that the green list
Is going to be binned altogether in the next fortnight. Not that it gave us much flexibility to get away.

Airlines are beyond goosed.

The Irish Government may bail out Aer Lingus. A national icon, that symbolises Ireland worldwide, and brought countless shipments to Ireland full of PPE from Asia. Yes IAG own Aer Lingus, they lost nearly 4 billion this quarter. Germany, Italy and Sweden to name just 3 bailed out their national airlines regardless of ownership. Aer Lingus should be no different. 
Aer Lingus going bankrupt would be catastrophic to Irish business, not to mention the thousands of jobs related directly and indirectly.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

And secondly it’s a precautionary measure so that the council have more access to Government funds as they’re dealing with a larger population.

The problem with England right now is Boris sold this fantasy of that the virus is disappearing, the 1m rule is gonna be abolished in November and life will return to complete normality then it took a verbal bollocking live on TV on Friday from his own Chief Medic Officer for him to down tools and realise that England are in for the long slog

You do realise a State of Emergency can be declared anywhere, not just entire states?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

His predictions are said by himself to have been highly accurate to date

In reality his predictions have been utter nonsense

I see he was on the Sindo again yesterday with well known professional sh*t stirrer Niamh Horan telling us this was all fizzling out

This is the same guy who three months ago was telling us through well known professional sh*t stirrer Niamh Horan that it would be all done and dusted within two weeks

The guy's a self-promoting fraud and to be avoided

Edited by sid waddell - 03 Aug 2020 at 5:13pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:21pm
Those who told us that we would have 15,000 cases by the end of March. Should they be avoided also ? 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

You do realise a State of Emergency can be declared anywhere, not just entire states?

No it can't. If a state of Emergency was applied it would apply to the entirety of England not 1 part of it.
The risk in Manchester has been declared a 'Major incident' basically the same level as a terrorist attack, for reasons I mentioned above.

Why have they done that? Because as said 26 councils are above the 1 R rate, a good 12+ out of those 26 are in the Manchester region; Oldham, Stockport etc.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:39pm

No it can't. If a state of Emergency was applied it would apply to the entirety of England not 1 part of it.
The risk in Manchester has been declared a 'Major incident' basically the same level as a terrorist attack, for reasons I mentioned above.

Why have they done that? Because as said 26 councils are above the 1 R rate, a good 12+ out of those 26 are in the Manchester region; Oldham, Stockport etc.

Does that mean someone in Manchester can't be in a state of arousal unless the whole country has a boner?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Those who told us that we would have 15,000 cases by the end of March. Should they be avoided also ? 
There's a difference between those who warn of what could well happen if anti-virus measures are not taken and those who tell us not to take them, or those who baselessly assert the threat is overblown

You listen to somebody who tells you to wear a seat belt, otherwise you're more likely to get killed in a crash

You listen to somebody who tells you not to drink drive because if you do you're more likely to crash

You don't listen to the person who tells you not to wear a seat belt or tells you to drink drive because there's a chance you won't crash and get killed

The logic of those who say not to listen to those who warned there could be 15k cases by the end of March is the logic of those who laugh in the face of those who tell you to wear a seat belt or tell you to not drink drive

"I didn't get killed and I drink drove without a seat belt - just proves you were talking nonsense!" 

That's the logic

The logic of Mr. Levitt and other pollyannas is the logic of those who told us we would have a soft landing at worst before the global financial crash, the logic of those who told us "we will look back and wonder how we didn't fill our boots with those bank shares"

Mr. Levitt is another Karol Sikora, another Myron Ebell

Edited by sid waddell - 03 Aug 2020 at 5:52pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Does that mean someone in Manchester can't be in a state of arousal unless the whole country has a boner?
LOLLOL
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 6:37pm

I happen to live on the border of one of those councils in lockdown. I live in Cheshire East, 5 mins from Altrincham (Trafford). I’ll sum Manchester up at the minute. You can get sacked for refusing to go to your office, fined £100 for having someone in your garden. And given 50% off to go for a meal out. The entire thing is laughable.
 I was in ‘lockdown’ Manchester earlier in kwik fit and went for lunch.. yeah it seemed completely normal. 

Edited by Olaf - 03 Aug 2020 at 6:38pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

I was in ‘lockdown’ Manchester earlier in kwik fit and went for lunch.. yeah it seemed completely normal. 
Given the ráiméis you've posted here, you aren't the boy to trust
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 6:43pm

I happen to live on the border of one of those councils in lockdown. I live in Cheshire East, 5 mins from Altrincham (Trafford). I’ll sum Manchester up at the minute. You can get sacked for refusing to go to your office, fined £100 for having someone in your garden. And given 50% off to go for a meal out. The entire thing is laughable.
I can't imagine the food was good there.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

There's a difference between those who warn of what could well happen if anti-virus measures are not taken and those who tell us not to take them, or those who baselessly assert the threat is overblown

You listen to somebody who tells you to wear a seat belt, otherwise you're more likely to get killed in a crash

You listen to somebody who tells you not to drink drive because if you do you're more likely to crash

You don't listen to the person who tells you not to wear a seat belt or tells you to drink drive because there's a chance you won't crash and get killed

The logic of those who say not to listen to those who warned there could be 15k cases by the end of March is the logic of those who laugh in the face of those who tell you to wear a seat belt or tell you to not drink drive

"I didn't get killed and I drink drove without a seat belt - just proves you were talking nonsense!" 

That's the logic

The logic of Mr. Levitt and other pollyannas is the logic of those who told us we would have a soft landing at worst before the global financial crash, the logic of those who told us "we will look back and wonder how we didn't fill our boots with those bank shares"

Mr. Levitt is another Karol Sikora, another Myron Ebell
A simple No would have sufficed. But thanks for the diatribe. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I can't imagine the food was good there.
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 839>
  Share Topic