You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:19pm
TJClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 8:49pm
LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I’m hitting 5 different countries in the space of 2 weeks next week on business and the missus having a meltdown telling me I need to wear gloves and masks. And when I called her up on the lunacy behind that request she starts the “how would you feel if you brought that illness back to this house to the kids”.

f**king hell what are the chances of catching it and if you do its not a death sentence. 

Irish people are so bloody dramatic/emotional when it comes to things like this

how did you get on TR 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Sky Sports saying 6 pre-meer league players/staff tested positive for coronavirus in the first round of tests.

Dont believe everything you hear.
I remember you telling us we were “fooked” and the “next Italy”.

Says your man spreading hear say non stop.
You been waiting for a while for me to come back on I see to have your little popLOL

Eh 1500 deaths and counting after 2 months and it would have been a hell of a lot worse had there not been a 2 month lockdown you fool.  Yeah it was all blown out of proportion alright. 

For deaths per million of population we aren't doing well.  But yeah I have egg on my face.

As for your track record of posts in this threadEmbarrassed 
Captain Lockdown is back..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The stats in Britain show that people from a black and Asian background are more likely to get the virus and more likely to die once they catch it. It seems to be accepted as fact that this means that black and Asian footballers in the Premier League are more at risk than white footballers. I would have thought that the stats from the general population would be as a result of socio-economic reasons with blacks and Asians being at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder. Black and Asian Premier League are certainly not in the lower socio-economic bracket. Surely they are at no more risk than any other Premier League footballer? Is there something I am missing?
That you're not a racist simpleton. 

Maybe there is something blatantly obvious that I am missing but for the life of me I can't understand how one group of multi millionaires would be more at risk as a result of going to work than another group of multi millionaires in the same industry unless different ethnicities are genetically more vulnerable to the virus, which doesn't seem to be the case. From my understanding greater risk seems to stem from entirely socio-economic factors.

Are black and asian people in Britain more likely to live in densely populated urban areas or work in occupations which are more at risk of catching covid?

I don't understand how people are drawing the conclusion that this puts black and asian football players more at risk? Probably numerically illiterate journalists or commentators not understanding figures.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I’m hitting 5 different countries in the space of 2 weeks next week on business and the missus having a meltdown telling me I need to wear gloves and masks. And when I called her up on the lunacy behind that request she starts the “how would you feel if you brought that illness back to this house to the kids”.

f**king hell what are the chances of catching it and if you do its not a death sentence. 

how did you get on TR 

It got curtailed during the trip. Had just started the US leg of the trip when they announced all travel cancelled. 
Finished what I was doing in US but then went straight home had to skip Mexico, Brazil and uk and head straight home. (Panama was 5th country but was only passing through there)

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 May 2020 at 10:19pm
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The stats in Britain show that people from a black and Asian background are more likely to get the virus and more likely to die once they catch it. It seems to be accepted as fact that this means that black and Asian footballers in the Premier League are more at risk than white footballers. I would have thought that the stats from the general population would be as a result of socio-economic reasons with blacks and Asians being at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder. Black and Asian Premier League are certainly not in the lower socio-economic bracket. Surely they are at no more risk than any other Premier League footballer? Is there something I am missing?
That you're not a racist simpleton. 

Maybe there is something blatantly obvious that I am missing but for the life of me I can't understand how one group of multi millionaires would be more at risk as a result of going to work than another group of multi millionaires in the same industry unless different ethnicities are genetically more vulnerable to the virus, which doesn't seem to be the case. From my understanding greater risk seems to stem from entirely socio-economic factors.

Are black and asian people in Britain more likely to live in densely populated urban areas or work in occupations which are more at risk of catching covid?

I don't understand how people are drawing the conclusion that this puts black and asian football players more at risk? Probably numerically illiterate journalists or commentators not understanding figures.

Both seem to be the case from what I've read. 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:37pm
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/07/black-people-four-times-more-likely-to-die-from-covid-19-ons-finds

Actually work that the ONS carried out suggests when you take into account things like age, socio-economics class, region, self-reported health there's still a higher prevalence.

So there's still some unexplained reason why it's morw prevalent.

Actually it doesn't look like they tried to adjust for occupations 

Edited by seanyshuffler - 19 May 2020 at 10:40pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 11:28pm

how did you get on TR 

It got curtailed during the trip. Had just started the US leg of the trip when they announced all travel cancelled. 
Finished what I was doing in US but then went straight home had to skip Mexico, Brazil and uk and head straight home. (Panama was 5th country but was only passing through there)

how the f**k did TR become a globe trotting executive? 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:58am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

how did you get on TR 

how the f**k did TR become a globe trotting executive? 
Human trafficking never sleeps
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:40am
Piers The Redeemer at it again this morning. Clap

It's weird seeing him as a likeable person but I can't imagine it lasting too long
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:45am
He is nowhere near likeable. The things he has done are abhorrent. He is merely showing that, on occasion, he can be a capable journalist. The last time he showed it was Iraq! He has still shown his pettiness during the past week alone.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

It's weird seeing him as a likeable person but I can't imagine it lasting too long

I mentioned this yesterday and the 60K figure is only up to 11th May . Maybe it might enter the mainstream if Morgan brings it up as it is a damning figure on the UK however Capt Tom is getting a knighthood so all is well ……..
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:32pm

how did you get on TR 

You must not be very popular in the office if they were happy sending you off on a tour of the worst affected countries in the world Shocked
It would damage this forums' reputation
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I mentioned this yesterday and the 60K figure is only up to 11th May . Maybe it might enter the mainstream if Morgan brings it up as it is a damning figure on the UK however Capt Tom is getting a knighthood so all is well ……..

Capt Tom   ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:12pm

Funny how BBC, ITV, Sky etc aren't all following up with what Piers is saying. 

It's a remarkable turnaround from the man, from 1 of the most hated in the country to being the man who's not frightened to say how it is and gone mainstream and has gone absolutely relentless on the anti-Tory agenda (and Trump)
The main headline as seen on the video he's itching for a verbal scrap.

I don't know how long he can keep up this new gimmick but he's doing a good job of it so far. The Redeemer Clap

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:15pm
some amount of gougers out today 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:17pm

Funny how BBC, ITV, Sky etc aren't all following up with what Piers is saying. 

It's a remarkable turnaround from the man, from 1 of the most hated in the country to being the man who's not frightened to say how it is and gone mainstream and has gone absolutely relentless on the anti-Tory agenda (and Trump)
The main headline as seen on the video he's itching for a verbal scrap.

I don't know how long he can keep up this new gimmick but he's doing a good job of it so far. The Redeemer Clap

As much as I hate to be pedantic...  He would be redeemed and not the Redeemer; unless you have massively misunderstood christianity too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 839>
  Share Topic