You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 839>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Currently 18,000 tested and 277 have ended up in hospital. Which is 1.5% of those tested or 20% of those that get the virus which is 1329. 

7.7% of those tested have been diagnosed with the virus.

Is that accurate though? Genuine question. Not certain but from what I can make out the 18k tests includes those where results haven't been given yet. Does anyone know the amount of tests that have had results issued? That will give an accurate percentage of infection. 

Can anyone answer this? Would be very interested in knowing how many tests have gone through to results being issued. 

They didnt answer that question but they actually said the numbers of positive tests was 6% just now on sean o rourke. 
Why are they testing one man so often?

LOL
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Some really sad stories from Madrid.. Army raided a care home to find the workers had basically fled out of fear and left the elderly residents to die on their own.

Spain now have more deaths than china.

But it's the yanks who are gonna get hit the worst... Over 5000 new cases in 24 hours in New York

Expect London to be similar in a few days
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:12pm
Yeah I was saying yesterday it’s looking like London is becoming a hotspot for the virus.

Been blowing my arms and legs out daily as I have a feeling us Brits will end up in a more stricter lockdown 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:24pm

Yeah I was saying yesterday it’s looking like London is becoming a hotspot for the virus.

Been blowing my arms and legs out daily as I have a feeling us Brits will end up in a more stricter lockdown 
I’ve been blowing my arse out daily.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if these two wikipedia pages have been posted
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

Worth noting that, on the timeline graph, it took Italy 21 days to reach 20 cases and in the next 16 days it grew to 5,883 cases
It took Ireland nine days to reach 21 cases, and in the next 16 days it's grown to 1,329 cases
We're way, way behind their curve

there's a wiki entry for the pandemic nearly every country, just Italy has been mentioned a lot

What was the starting point? Infected person 1?

Is it 21 days after the first infection to get to 20 infections
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 6:31pm

Thought you were irish?
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if these two wikipedia pages have been posted
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

Worth noting that, on the timeline graph, it took Italy 21 days to reach 20 cases and in the next 16 days it grew to 5,883 cases
It took Ireland nine days to reach 21 cases, and in the next 16 days it's grown to 1,329 cases
We're way, way behind their curve

there's a wiki entry for the pandemic nearly every country, just Italy has been mentioned a lot

What was the starting point? Infected person 1?

Is it 21 days after the first infection to get to 20 infections
First reported infection. Italy didn't step their testing up, so it took them longer to reach 20 cases. We started testing much earlier, so reached the same level quicker.
The true number of infections might never be known because some people will become infected, but not get tested, and recover

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 25 Mar 2020 at 7:22pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm
235 new cases and 2 more dead 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:08pm
A week or ten days ago we were predicted to be at 3304 cases in Ireland 

Ahead of the curve 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ahead of the curve 
We’re on course for 9.8k cases by month end, down from 15k
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ahead of the curve 
we’ve being staying below 20% daily increases which id good. The metric of reduced number of contacts per case is also good. Fear is the test backlog and resetting of criteria for testing may mean we've a lot of untested +ves in the backlog that may become more sick than those tested +ve to date.

Hopefully the reset criteria will catch these now.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:23pm
Lots to be encouraged about. The age profile of positive cases is quite young. We have a long way to go but so far have to be happy with the numbers.

Was it expected to be 15k by April 1st?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Lots to be encouraged about. The age profile of positive cases is quite young. We have a long way to go but so far have to be happy with the numbers.

Was it expected to be 15k by April 1st?

She’s well worth a follow 

Edited by 9fingers - 25 Mar 2020 at 8:29pm
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:31pm
Web summit lad Paddy Cosgrave wants HSE CEO Paul Reid and CMO Tony Holohan to resign NOW because of PPE shortage.

He comes across as a prick, but is he right?
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Web summit lad Paddy Cosgrave wants HSE CEO Paul Reid and CMO Tony Holohan to resign NOW because of PPE shortage.

and replaced by .... ?

Edited by Dalymount79 - 25 Mar 2020 at 8:35pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:42pm

He’s an absolute dickhead.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:43pm

What they are buying in now is what would normally last 13 years according to Simon Harris!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:55pm

Who is he and what’s it to do with him?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 839>
  Share Topic