You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 817818819820821 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

pretty miserly stuff from the government today with the 1k bonus to frontline staff - they should be getting a lot more - maybe 1k tax credit per year for 5 years.

Also think everyone should be given a tax credit as a thank you for doing their small part. Maybe 1k for all those who were vaccinated before a certain date.

Doing their small part me bollix. Every single person broke the rules at some stage unless you didn’t leave your house. 

The irony of people curtain twitching and claiming they were great is embarrassing 
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

pretty miserly stuff from the government today with the 1k bonus to frontline staff - they should be getting a lot more - maybe 1k tax credit per year for 5 years.

Also think everyone should be given a tax credit as a thank you for doing their small part. Maybe 1k for all those who were vaccinated before a certain date.

Doing their small part me bollix. Every single person broke the rules at some stage unless you didn’t leave your house. 

The irony of people curtain twitching and claiming they were great is embarrassing 

Nail on the head.

People looking for tax credits for sitting at home watching Netflix and thinking they’re heroes. Laughable stuff.

The frontline health workers deserve their bonus, and more.

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:38am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Think the cost of the 1k lump sum bonus to frontline workers costs 300 million to the exchequer. I'd rather government pump money into housing or employing more nurses and doctors or increasing hospital capacity then giving everyone cash.

No issue with frontline workers getting a one off payment though.
the majority would go straight back into the exchequer via taxation, vat etc unless they spend it all on black market fags and dance drugs. I don’t see too much of the 300m being squirrelled away tbh.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:53am

No matter how much you put down someone would argue for more. 

How about firemen who risk their lives on the front line every day? 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 11:39am

Think the cost of the 1k lump sum bonus to frontline workers costs 300 million to the exchequer. I'd rather government pump money into housing or employing more nurses and doctors or increasing hospital capacity then giving everyone cash.

the majority would go straight back into the exchequer via taxation, vat etc unless they spend it all on black market fags and dance drugs. I don’t see too much of the 300m being squirrelled away tbh.

The 1k is tax free AFAIK
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The 1k is tax free AFAIK
He means taxation by way of VAT etc that you pay when spending on stuff, you absolute ......LOL
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 5:13pm
New Covid measures in NI: From noon tomorrow: 🍽 Rule of six, seated-only gone House with garden No cap on households meeting Face with medical mask Masks no longer mandatory From Wednesday: Man dancing Nightclubs, indoor standing events reopen Mobile phone Covid certs scrapped for events <500 Necktie No social distancing in workplaces

I see Nordies about to get on with it. Unless I am pleasantly surprised we will again drag the ass out of it for no discernible reason
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:10pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:13pm
exclusive 😀😀😀😀😀😀 every news agency had it 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:20pm

Some people are on the pitch! They think it’s all over….
El Puto Amo
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:36pm
Over to Leo and Mickser now.........how they play this will impact on the next election.

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

New Covid measures in NI: From noon tomorrow: 🍽 Rule of six, seated-only gone House with garden No cap on households meeting Face with medical mask Masks no longer mandatory From Wednesday: Man dancing Nightclubs, indoor standing events reopen Mobile phone Covid certs scrapped for events <500 Necktie No social distancing in workplaces

I see Nordies about to get on with it. Unless I am pleasantly surprised we will again drag the ass out of it for no discernible reason

Looks like I may be pleasantly surprised
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Over to Leo and Mickser now.........how they play this will impact on the next election.

That's long gone LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:00pm
This things over 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

ya right, the next election is 2 to 3 years away. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 11:35pm
People can say its over till there blue in the face. Hopefully it is but by saying it dosent make it true. Only time will tell whether this is the last hurdle or not. Id agree with lifting restrictions again at this point tho. Looking forward to going to some games in the next few weeks hopefully.
I love beer gardens
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 2:35am
Wish they would lift all the restrictions over here Ouch
It would damage this forums' reputation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 7:23am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

People can say its over till there blue in the face. Hopefully it is but by saying it dosent make it true. Only time will tell whether this is the last hurdle or not. Id agree with lifting restrictions again at this point tho. Looking forward to going to some games in the next few weeks hopefully.

All over?  Very naive thinking that.  There will be new variants and we will be back where we were is my guess.  We wont know for a few years if we are out of the woods or not.  With it circulating the 3rd world and 1st world as it is there is every possibility of it evolving to a more dangerous form.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 817818819820821 839>
  Share Topic