You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 750751752753754 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Re covid vaccine jabs I got my booster earlier in the week and no ill affects.
Thats three jabs I've received and not one side effect thankfully.
3 jabs and a having it recently. Covid will be running a mile from ya!!LOL

Absolutely farcical that it's looking unlikely that we are fully opening but unsurprising. They just can't seem to let go of the fear. They are trying to blame the unvaccinated but the vaccination numbers are surely higher than their best estimates. Covering their asses for the complete shambles of the healthcare system that they created. Try to shift the blame elsewhere to deflect from their incompetence

Edited by thebronze14 - 14 Oct 2021 at 7:49pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I was in Budapest for 4 days and no one was wearing masks.
Airports, shopping centres, restaurants - literally no one.

Did you wear one HB ? 

I plan to be in the UK soon and i will wear one on transport and in and out of shops , just habit maybe but i don't want Covid .

No, no one did.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:54pm

Did you wear one HB ? 

I plan to be in the UK soon and i will wear one on transport and in and out of shops , just habit maybe but i don't want Covid .

No, no one did.

A while ago the person next to me in the garage was refused service for wearing one.

IDK how that would work if you already bought petrol.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 14 Oct 2021 at 8:56pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

why am I not surprised to hear this

You only have to look at who is running the country for the answer. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:26pm

Did you wear one HB ? 

No, no one did.

If nobody didn't jump off a cliff would you do it too? 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:18am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Even if restrictions fully end, I would be in favour of keeping mask mandates for going shopping or travelling on public transport for the foreseeable future. It'll probably save lives in the winter among the elderly.  

I think the fact that keeping masks mandatory for public transport, retail and medical locations being part of the easing of restrictions put this into your head.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

why am I not surprised to hear this

You only have to look at who is running the country for the answer. 
Hungary are the very top in Covid death rate in Europe,3 times worse than Ireland. Quite happy to be run by people who want to keep us alive.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 1:35pm

If they have got the vaccine, they clearly trust it to do it's job, as it's the most powerful protection available. In fairness to them, they were the only ones brave enough to allow full capacity at the Euros, while by contrast we told UEFA to shove their Euros somewhere else. I'm convinced that we (and other countries) would still be playing games behind closed doors, if it wasn't for crowds at the Euros. As it is, with 90% vaccinated, we're still operating under capacity restrictions, while the brits after 130k deaths, are out there with their stiff upper lip, living with the virus. 

Restrictions are officially over when the masks are gone. Sadly I can't see it happening here until next summer at the earliest. The English could throw them all in the nearest bin last summer though, and are pretty much back to life as we know it. After they announced it, there were apocalyptic forecasts of "100k new cases" daily. Another mad forecast wrong. 

When the pubs wanted indoor dining in July, Taoiseach Tony told them they would be held responsible for an extra two thousand one hundred and seventy deaths by the end of September, just from being inside a pub. Never happened of course, we don't even have that number of cases per day. We have a vaccine, a very powerful vaccine that is keeping people out of hospitals and graveyards. Let it do what it's supposed to do, then we can all get back to normal. 

Edited by planning - 15 Oct 2021 at 8:50pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 2:21pm
70 people in ICU and the zealots are afraid to remove restrictions. What a backward country this is...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Looks like the lifting of the restrictions due for the 22nd October will not be happening. Load of Bollocks at this stage esp with the public buying into the vaccine rollout. Could be mid 2022 by the time the remaining restrictions will be lifted 

It's never gonna get better than now. Open up, time to live

Im not totally sure but i have a feeling this contradicts your previous?

This lad was the biggest panic merchant. Reminded me of Gill from the Simpsons. 

Not sure what's happened this forum recently, "this lad" , look back through my posts yes I was panicked at the start but always said vaccination has to send us back to normal. I have been fully open about my bipolar and anxiety on this forum and have done years of counselling and have helped numerous people out on this forum in private with their own personal issues. Not sure if it's due to covid but the difference in this forum from years ago is something else, this used to be a fun supportive place. I have met numerous people on this forum at various games years ago but I'm done with this place now, too much of a "kliq" feel about it. 

I had no clue of your mental health challenges. Best of luck and apologies.  

I think you can be forgiven for that in fairness. I have no recollection of Hulk discussing anxiety or his bi polar. 

Regarding the fun and supportive place Hulk, i see no change. I reckon your own anxiety and covid has perhaps made you see the place a little differently. I dont think you have been posting in a light hearted, jovial fashion too often (cant say for certain though). i.e. your posts on Callum Robinson were totally out of order but that's just my opinion. 

Either way, best of luck and hope you dont quit the forum Thumbs Up

Given what Hulk has been through and I dont envy him, maybe he could he a bit more understanding of Robinson's mental health. As has been shown here we never know what people are battling in private. 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 2:00pm
Eamonn Ryan…. 

Conspiracy theories incoming 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 2:59pm
Always going be different rules for the boys. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 10:54pm
The Pfizer Pill that reduces hospitalisations by 90% - if it's anywhere near that high when it's rolled out globally. Well we can say good bye to covid then. Not for the poor countries of course they don't matter 
It would damage this forums' reputation
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:13pm
NEPHET briefing at 2pm
Further restrictions or a cop the f**k on message?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:17pm
A cop dafuq i reckon.

Otherwise we would have heard the leaks by now.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:34pm

A cop dafuq i reckon.

Otherwise we would have heard the leaks by now.

Yeah I'd say so, based on what Donnelly said earlier today when interviewed.

You have people going out to a nightclub 3 or 4 times a week now just because they can (would they have done that before covid probably not).

There seems to be an odd mentality of well this is open I have to go, similar to when they reopened Hardware stores and IKEA you had people going to buy a hammer or a paintbrush they didn't really need.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:34pm
Was in Mace near where i work just now, about 5 lads all builders none wearing masks and one of them coughing away, nothing said to them. One of the lads here in work coughing his lungs up since Monday went for a covid test last night, back in work again today with no results, nothing said to him.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:34pm
Know a lot of people who've gotten covid recently. One or two ended up in hospital but thankfully are fine.

Not sure what will happen. Modelling predicts cases won't peak until end of November. Hopefully booster program leaves us with a 2019 December or as close to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 750751752753754 839>
  Share Topic