You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 725726727728729 839>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

The publicans really had a big dilemma on whether to open fully to the vaccinated or not earn a decent living keep the Government support or stay closed and potentially alienate other customers the anti vaxers really are significant enough number.

Are they?

I think so yes pushing 66% of adults vaccinated last time I checked but there's still a considerable noisy nutcases criticising pubs today from what I seen albeit online.
3.4 million people have had at least one dose, most of the rest are waiting. As was said above, anti vaccine numbers are tiny in real world terms. 

You mean to tell me that Gary Dempsey is spouting nonsense??
Conan Byrne pulling him up on Twitter Clap
About f**king time someone did. Same with Sports Gemma
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:34pm
The rate we’re vaccinating now is brilliant to see, and as Pipkin says it’ll mean most of the issues for pubs will eliminated in a few weeks. 
We had a couple of thousand protesting on Saturday, telling people “it’ll be your kids they’re coming for next” at the same time as nearly 70 thousand people got vaccinated. 
Anti Vaxxers will show their true self in (hopefully) a few weeks time when this dies down & they’ll have to find a new outlet for the right wing Christian fundamentalism. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:40am

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I see a few boozers round my way have been receiving threats from the Anti vaccine/ lockdown crowd.
The Gardai advised them to come off social media and stop taking booking. 
Which wans?

The Morgue and Brady’s have said they have had staff and premises threatened 🙄

Robbed from Twitter:

Just walked past my local pub and saw a young fella drinking a pint outside. Couldn't help thinking about the 6 million people murdered under the Nazi regime. It was just the same
El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:00am

The rate we’re vaccinating now is brilliant to see, and as Pipkin says it’ll mean most of the issues for pubs will eliminated in a few weeks. 
We had a couple of thousand protesting on Saturday, telling people “it’ll be your kids they’re coming for next” at the same time as nearly 70 thousand people got vaccinated. 
Anti Vaxxers will show their true self in (hopefully) a few weeks time when this dies down & they’ll have to find a new outlet for the right wing Christian fundamentalism. 

"No Shania in Ireland - Make Ireland Catholic Again"
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:01am

Great to see.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:14am

The publicans really had a big dilemma on whether to open fully to the vaccinated or not earn a decent living keep the Government support or stay closed and potentially alienate other customers the anti vaxers really are significant enough number.

Are they?

I think so yes pushing 66% of adults vaccinated last time I checked but there's still a considerable noisy nutcases criticising pubs today from what I seen albeit online.
3.4 million people have had at least one dose, most of the rest are waiting. As was said above, anti vaccine numbers are tiny in real world terms. 

I Dempzzz has thrown the toys out of the pram and taking a break from twitter? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 10:06am
Yeah looks that way
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 10:08am
As for getting the Vac , well a young lad at work decided to get the vac yesterday and after a few phone calls in the morning he was done at 4.40pm the same day . Now this is where we are when you can now get jabbed the same day here in Galway , outstanding .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 10:11am

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Just got the text for my second dose of Pfizer for this Friday but it's only 2 weeks today since the first. Is it not meant to be 4 weeks? not complaining, just curious.

The Speaker sent a letter to HSE on your behalf. Clap

Spent the evening yesterday in the Speakers new terrace area as a thank you. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

As for getting the Vac , well a young lad at work decided to get the vac yesterday and after a few phone calls in the morning he was done at 4.40pm the same day . Now this is where we are when you can now get jabbed the same day here in Galway , outstanding .

What did he get? J and J in pharmacy?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 10:36am

The girlfriend used her parents address in Offaly (to avoid the waiting time in south Dublin) to register and got the text the same day and was in Tullamore the following day for the vaccine. Same with her brothers down there. Excellent service.

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 10:42am
these quick turnaround times are good news on an individual basis.  However I would be slightly concerned that they are not caused by a huge increase in supply or increase in efficiently but more a reduction in the uptake as we move down the ages.  Let’s hope that’s not the case.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:09am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

What did he get? J and J in pharmacy?
He said he was getting Moderna in a pharmacy , the little rat called in sick today LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:14am

Just got the text for my second dose of Pfizer for this Friday but it's only 2 weeks today since the first. Is it not meant to be 4 weeks? not complaining, just curious.

Yah I thought it was going to be 4 weeks too minimum between shots but I'm getting my second dose on Sunday which is exactly 3 weeks after my first. According to the HSE website 21-28 days after the first dose is fine.

So as it was 2 weeks yesterday since your first dose, it'll be 18 days on Friday which is close enough to 21. You should be fine. 

Edited by irishmufc - 27 Jul 2021 at 11:19am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Yah I thought it was going to be 4 weeks too minimum between shots but I'm getting my second dose on Sunday which is exactly 3 weeks after my first. According to the HSE website 21-28 days after the first dose is fine.

So as it was 2 weeks yesterday since your first dose, it'll be 18 days on Friday which is close enough to 21. You should be fine. 

Some lad on twitter got his second jab around the same time, lost his vision in one eye and his mickey fell off
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:54am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I see a few boozers round my way have been receiving threats from the Anti vaccine/ lockdown crowd.
The Gardai advised them to come off social media and stop taking booking. 

Absolutely pathetic behaviour. Places that haven't been able to open for 16 odd months, give them a break. I am really against the vaccine pass for use nationally and have no problem with people protesting for their beliefs but that is just pitiful
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:55am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Some lad on twitter got his second jab around the same time, lost his vision in one eye and his mickey fell off

Didn’t realise the scientist got the vaccine back in 2012.  Then again he is a scientist. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Didn’t realise the scientist got the vaccine back in 2012.  Then again he is a scientist. 
One eyed Mickey you could say  Wink

Edited by Claret Murph - 27 Jul 2021 at 12:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 725726727728729 839>
  Share Topic