You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 721722723724725 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:06am
cull the cousins and a few others and go with the 50 would be my view.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

cull the cousins and a few others and go with the 50 would be my view.  

Go the whole Hog and just invite six save you a fortune in the end Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:10am
Leo is definitely a bit of a snake and lacking empathy (or more like he is too ignorant and focused on himself and position to realize what he is doing). Same with communions and his "oh yeah, they're not happening". Maybe not but have some empathy and consideration before you deliver bad news instead of something off the cuff.
I would say there are clear differences between the different leaders in that Michael Martin and Mary-Lou are clearly representing their party above anything where Leo I think is more of a solo act. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:25am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Leo is definitely a bit of a snake and lacking empathy (or more like he is too ignorant and focused on himself and position to realize what he is doing). Same with communions and his "oh yeah, they're not happening". Maybe not but have some empathy and consideration before you deliver bad news instead of something off the cuff.
I would say there are clear differences between the different leaders in that Michael Martin and Mary-Lou are clearly representing their party above anything where Leo I think is more of a solo act

Back when he was Minister for Sport he was always front and centre with a view on anything. Harris seems to get a comment in on everything as well but not nearly to the same degree.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:30am
Coveney would be the far better leader for FG, he’s a far superior politician and doesnt*have the ego Leo has. The last 18 months has shown Leo up a lot. 

Edit * typo 

Edited by 9fingers - 22 Jul 2021 at 7:32pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Coveney would be the far better leader for FG, he’s a far superior politician and does have the ego Leo has. The last 18 months has shown Leo up a lot. 

Coveney will be a future Taoiseach. I couldn't give a toss about FG/FF/SF but Coveney has been impressive anytime I seen him in interviews especially in regards to Brexit. He seems a sharp and astute individual no matter what people might think of FG or the Government in general. 

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Jul 2021 at 7:25pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:37pm
Coveney is a statesman and comes across genuine. Don’t know if he has enough in him to be leader though. Does he have a ruthless streak in him. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Coveney is a statesman and comes across genuine. Don’t know if he has enough in him to be leader though. Does he have a ruthless streak in him. 

I think so. Watch the Andrew Marr interviews on Brexit with him over the last few years. He was very good and looks like he'd be a capable Taoiseach irrespective of what you might think of his agenda/policies. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I would say there are clear differences between the different leaders in that Michael Martin and Mary-Lou are clearly representing their party above anything where Leo I think is more of a solo act. 

I'd agree with him been flippant on communions though. Indoctrinating another generation into a strange cult that covers up peadophilia across the world. Tis our culture boss
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:06am
How accurate are PCR tests that you do at home?
Did one last night as i've had a very sore throat, and bad cough/cold
Turned up negative
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Turned up negative
didn’t know you could do pcr at home. Thought it was all antigen tests that were DIY
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 1:36pm
PCR requires a lab AFAIK.

Reckon its an anti gen. 

Edited by McG - 23 Jul 2021 at 1:36pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Turned up negative
didn’t know you could do pcr at home. Thought it was all antigen tests that were DIY

Think the UK have self PCR tests you send off the swab to the lab by post I think.

Was meant to go to UK last month but cancelled and saw these things being advertised.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:17pm
As bad as we perceive ourselves to be here, Australia and now New Zealand are having a terrible time with rising numbers. Australia with curfews. Not doing so well with vaccination numbers either
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:19pm

As bad as we perceive ourselves to be here, Australia and now New Zealand are having a terrible time with rising numbers. Australia with curfews. Not doing so well with vaccination numbers either
That's the reason the Aussies are in big trouble right now. Think the genie is out of the bottle: They'll struggle to get back to the Zero covid levels they had. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:27pm
Zero covid is a bit of a myth. The virus isn't going to disappear. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:29pm

Sure, but basically most of Australia was operating in a way whereby they would go weeks on end without any community transmission. Those days are gone.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:32pm

Highly unrealistic aim, I would have thought - you'd have more chance of catching every single snowflake in a blizzard. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 721722723724725 839>
  Share Topic