You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 720721722723724 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 1:28pm

It’s the problem with social media. A small number of dedicated people can make a lot of noise. If Ireland has a population of 5 million and you get 5000 of them talking bollox repeatedly online and backing each other up, they can change the opinion of other impressionable, undecided or silly people which amplifies their numbers. Also, contradicting these punters gets you the label of a sneering elitist. 
El Puto Amo
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Anybody recieve their eu digital covid cert by post ? They said they'd all be received by Tuesday (today) at the latest. Any people i know including myself who were vaccinated at their GP havent recieved the cert yet. 
Haven’t received mine yet. Travelling to Belgium next week. Slightly concerned now.
Not in today’s post either CryCryCry

Mad busy with work for the next 4 hours. Will call the helpline after that.
Good mine in post this morning, best of luck. 
On hold now on the helpline. The wife is on hold since 10:20 this morning. She’s in the same boat.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 2:39pm

Anybody recieve their eu digital covid cert by post ? They said they'd all be received by Tuesday (today) at the latest. Any people i know including myself who were vaccinated at their GP havent recieved the cert yet. 
Haven’t received mine yet. Travelling to Belgium next week. Slightly concerned now.

On hold now on the helpline. The wife is on hold since 10:20 this morning. She’s in the same boat.

Are ye not flying to Belgium?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Boat to Cherbourg from Dublin and driving to Brussels

Thumbs Up

As You Were
Three in a row
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 2:56pm

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Boat to Cherbourg from Dublin and driving to Brussels

Thumbs Up
Awh bollox! Thought I was being really witty Ouch
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 3:22pm
After postponing our wedding 4 times in the last 18 months, we finally decided to go ahead with it in August. We decided to do this in good faith on the back of the government announcements a few weeks back where they said 100 guests would be able to attend.

Now the ****s in cabinet are saying this won't be happing (according to Leo today) and the numbers are likely staying at 50. We're 10 days out from the 1st of August and they drop this (still haven't officially said anything, which is even worse). A slap in the face to hotels, vendors and those getting married. 

Despite this they're still going ahead with indoor dining (with no time limit) for the vaccinated. About 85 of our guests are fully vaccinated. How does that make sense? They can go sit in a pub all day with 100 strangers no bother, but we've to cap our guests at 50. 

They literally don't know what they're doing and im fit for f**king murder at this stage.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 4:21pm
For anyone that wants to know, my wife got to speak to someone after 5.5 hours on hold. They don’t know why mine hasn’t been sent but the GP made a balls of my wifes and she’s only down as having 1 jab.

As You Were
Three in a row
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 5:11pm

For anyone that wants to know, my wife got to speak to someone after 5.5 hours on hold. They don’t know why mine hasn’t been sent but the GP made a balls of my wifes and she’s only down as having 1 jab.
Disgraceful but hardly surprising...might your HSE vaccine card suffice ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 5:17pm

Disgraceful but hardly surprising...might your HSE vaccine card suffice ?

Other countries won't accept that as proof unfortunately. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 5:40pm

If this was to ever happen again  go to a TD's office. They can make representation on your behalf. I know nobody likes politicians  but they will likely get it sorted for you very fast.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 8:42pm

5 1/2 hours on hold ? That’s worse than the FAI Ticket Office 😀
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:17pm
Wife has to call back tomorrow. I think I’m sorted but still haven’t received the email. Absolute jokeshop 

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:26pm

Wife has to call back tomorrow. I think I’m sorted but still haven’t received the email. Absolute jokeshop 

Are you on email? Eircom.net? LOL
I love beer gardens
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Are you on email? Eircom.net? LOL
ConfusedConfusedConfused

As You Were
Three in a row
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:38am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

After postponing our wedding 4 times in the last 18 months, we finally decided to go ahead with it in August. We decided to do this in good faith on the back of the government announcements a few weeks back where they said 100 guests would be able to attend.

Now the ****s in cabinet are saying this won't be happing (according to Leo today) and the numbers are likely staying at 50. We're 10 days out from the 1st of August and they drop this (still haven't officially said anything, which is even worse). A slap in the face to hotels, vendors and those getting married. 

Despite this they're still going ahead with indoor dining (with no time limit) for the vaccinated. About 85 of our guests are fully vaccinated. How does that make sense? They can go sit in a pub all day with 100 strangers no bother, but we've to cap our guests at 50. 

They literally don't know what they're doing and im fit for f**king murder at this stage.

I feel for you zizu, I honestly do. We've had to cancel our own wedding twice already. I've been hesitating about making a 3rd booking as I don't trust the Irish government. Our issue is that one side of the family is in Ireland while the other half is  coming from abroad. 

I know things can change at short notice but ffs varadkhar has been a total ****. He's been sniping and leaking during the pandemic. I hope he gets his comeuppance at the ballot box. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Jul 2021 at 9:15am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:14am

Can I ask a question?   If they said you could have 100 guests but they all have to be vaccinated or have had covid in the last 6 months how would you feel. 

Also comparing with indoor dining is not accurate they are not the same.  There is far more mingling and mixing at a wedding and no 2m social distance.  There is far more social interaction at a wedding then in the model of indoor dining they have proposed.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Can I ask a question?   If they said you could have 100 guests but they all have to be vaccinated or have had covid in the last 6 months how would you feel. 

Also comparing with indoor dining is not accurate they are not the same.  There is far more mingling and mixing at a wedding and no 2m social distance.  There is far more social interaction at a wedding then in the model of indoor dining they have proposed.  

Bar a few cousins on either side who are either early 20s (and still might get at least one dose before the wedding at this rate) or children, everyone else will be vaccinated. Why can't common sense be used and we just antigen test these handful of unvaccinated people? I'd go further and say we should be antigen testing everyone, vaccinated or not, for any indoor setting, like they do in other parts of the world.

The 2m thing is another red herring. The key issue with indoor congregation has proven to be the quality of ventilation . It makes no sense that 100 strangers can sit all day in the hotel bar, with no time limit,  but a group of 100 people who are essentially one social circle cannot do the sane in the next room over.

I take your point about increased social mixing at a wedding but that is mitigated by the high vaccine rate and I'd we were able to antigen test. It is time to start using our heads here about how we live our lives in a Covid world. It's going nowhere 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I feel for you zizu, I honestly do. We've had to cancel our own wedding twice already. I've been hesitating about making a 3rd booking as I don't trust the Irish government. Our issue is that one side of the family is in Ireland while the other half is  coming from abroad. 

I know things can change at short notice but ffs varadkhar has been a total ****. He's been sniping and leaking during the pandemic. I hope he gets his comeuppance at the ballot box. 

The misses is close to a family member of a government minister. The minister was apparently shocked by Varadakars comments as nothing had been discussed at cabinet level yet. He was particularly shocked at the flippancy and the off the cuff nature his remarks. It was like it went over Varadkars head that remarks like this would cause confusion and anger.

He's been doing solo runs like this throughout the pandemic so it's not surprising, but he's some bollox. There is a proper vibe of elitism off of him.

And still, 10 days out from August, the government have given no official advice or guidance to anyone in the wedding industry (hotels, bands, photographers, churches etc.). It's pretty disgraceful carry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 720721722723724 839>
  Share Topic