You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 665666667668669 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It’s been a long few months but now that you can get a meal and some drinks indoors it feels like we have turned a corner in the UK.
Just need some good weather to enjoy the summer.

Copa America and the Euro’s for the working class 

Wimbledon and the Lions tour for the middle class 

And according to the class police there should be no mixing of the two. 

I'm going to cricket at the Oval and non league football in Mitcham this weekend. I would appreciate some edited guidance please.

That’s not even 20 20 cricket, that’s proper upper class test cricket. 

I bet the folks in the Ramble Inn don’t know you’re going to the cricket. 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 17 May 2021 at 2:48pm

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 3:01pm
All forms of cricket welcome at the Ramble Clap
@AntrimMan85
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 5:14pm
I see Varadkar has said three different things over the last 24 hours in relation to when the common travel area with the UK will reopen
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 6:09pm
I cant find anything really definitive about the Indian Varriant. Its either al blown out of proportion or going to ruin any chance we have of a semi normal summer.

Anywhere to find balanced info on it?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 6:13pm
Maybe an Indian Summer ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I see Varadkar has said three different things over the last 24 hours in relation to when the common travel area with the UK will reopen

Could do with Dublin London flights being an option again 

Edited by Newryrep - 17 May 2021 at 8:10pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I cant find anything really definitive about the Indian Varriant. Its either al blown out of proportion or going to ruin any chance we have of a semi normal summer.

No old people in the UK seem to be getting it so the vaccine appears to be effective against it, case numbers in the UK are still going down despite it supposedly being 50% more transmissible so I think we are in the clear. 
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

No old people in the UK seem to be getting it so the vaccine appears to be effective against it, case numbers in the UK are still going down despite it supposedly being 50% more transmissible so I think we are in the clear. 
That’s my read of it as well. Vaccinated healthcare workers in India are apparently not getting sick either. Vaccines are breaking transmission of this variant in the UK. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:53am
The missus is 24 weeks and reg'd for vaccine and has been called for tomorrow. 

9f et al.... any updates with your own better halves? Mine is fairly nervous about the unknowns.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:15am
Just got the Pfizer Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:27am
Due to the HSE hack, some people that have registered for their vaccines get a text appointment from the HSE and a few hours later get a text from the hackers Unhappy 

It doesn't make much sense as the 2nd text disappears and it doesn't try and scam you into giving credit card details, so I can only think it's to show the government look what we can do pay us. 

Scum 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Just got the Pfizer Clap

Hope your hair doesn’t fall out 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Due to the HSE hack, some people that have registered for their vaccines get a text appointment from the HSE and a few hours later get a text from the hackers Unhappy 

It doesn't make much sense as the 2nd text disappears and it doesn't try and scam you into giving credit card details, so I can only think it's to show the government look what we can do pay us. 

Scum 

Government are saying they are totally different systems though and the vaccine portal has not been impacted. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:30am
What the fook were the government using to get hacked so easily anyway - Windows XP? Embarrassed

Heads should surely roll for this. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Scum 

Government are saying they are totally different systems though and the vaccine portal has not been impacted. 

The girl in my office said it has happened to two friends about the 2nd texts they received yesterday. The HSE person asked them to screen shot the messages. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:43am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

9f et al.... any updates with your own better halves? Mine is fairly nervous about the unknowns.

Would she just stick it out for another 3 months then take up the jab after the baby is born ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Would she just stick it out for another 3 months then take up the jab after the baby is born ?

We've discussed this at length. Been safe up until now etc. but there were 500 cases yesterday, it hasnt dropped significantly and the risk of covid vs the vaccine (antibodies only) far outweigh the jab. It's just that she literally only registered and has been called immediately. Great efficiency in fairness but gives us little time to reconsider. 

Right now, we are going for it Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:00pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

We've discussed this at length. Been safe up until now etc. but there were 500 cases yesterday, it hasnt dropped significantly and the risk of covid vs the vaccine (antibodies only) far outweigh the jab. It's just that she literally only registered and has been called immediately. Great efficiency in fairness but gives us little time to reconsider. 

Right now, we are going for it Thumbs Up

Maybe a quick ring to her doctor could put her mind at rest . Look the cases were always going to rise as we opened up that was forseen .

To be very honest it's a massive question when you think about your unborn .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 665666667668669 839>
  Share Topic