You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 640641642643644 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Question , when you get the jab you you sign a wavier before hand ?

Sort of thing could your famliy come back and go to the courts if you died ? 

LOL
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 12:11am
LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Im The Gaffer Im The Gaffer wrote:

It's all very well to say only one or two in a million might die from blood clots due to these vaccines, but there are around 447 million people in the EU alone, so the numbers do start to add up in real terms if this is the case.

If, say 100 people in the EU were to die from clotting due to the AZ and J&J vaccines, it's a very serious situation, because these would be real people and real deaths and it could undermine faith in vaccines in general, for all diseases. Anti-vaxxers would be able to point to a large number of real deaths.

The thing is, we're relying on these vaccines to get us out of this pandemic, which is killing a hell of a lot more people. 

I understand why NIAC have restricted the AZ vaccine because there are alternatives, but now one of the alternatives seems to have the same problem. If it comes to light that the other vaccines have similar problems, well, we're in a pickle - we would then have to ask people to take vaccines for which there is a risk - a minute, miniscule one, but a risk nonetheless. 

The risks will have to be explained in a very clear and honest manner, because it may well be the case that we are asking 7.9 billion people to take vaccines which could have a worldwide death total of 7,900 people, if everybody took them. 

I will certainly get vaccinated when the time comes.

They should highlight the risk but let the people decide if they want the vaccine or not.

If you are under 60, you are 80 times more likely to die from Covid than the blood cloth from the vaccines.
The anti-vaccine people will always be haters. 

If you are overweight, a smoker or take the birth control
Pill you have a much higher chance of developing blood cloths.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:47am
on the face of it extending the period between doses like the Uk has done enabling  more people  to get a first dose looks like a better option 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Im The Gaffer Im The Gaffer wrote:

It's all very well to say only one or two in a million might die from blood clots due to these vaccines, but there are around 447 million people in the EU alone, so the numbers do start to add up in real terms if this is the case.

If, say 100 people in the EU were to die from clotting due to the AZ and J&J vaccines, it's a very serious situation, because these would be real people and real deaths and it could undermine faith in vaccines in general, for all diseases. Anti-vaxxers would be able to point to a large number of real deaths.

The thing is, we're relying on these vaccines to get us out of this pandemic, which is killing a hell of a lot more people. 

I understand why NIAC have restricted the AZ vaccine because there are alternatives, but now one of the alternatives seems to have the same problem. If it comes to light that the other vaccines have similar problems, well, we're in a pickle - we would then have to ask people to take vaccines for which there is a risk - a minute, miniscule one, but a risk nonetheless. 

The risks will have to be explained in a very clear and honest manner, because it may well be the case that we are asking 7.9 billion people to take vaccines which could have a worldwide death total of 7,900 people, if everybody took them. 

I will certainly get vaccinated when the time comes.

They should highlight the risk but let the people decide if they want the vaccine or not.

If you are under 60, you are 80 times more likely to die from Covid than the blood cloth from the vaccines.
The anti-vaccine people will always be haters. 

If you are overweight, a smoker or take the birth control
Pill you have a much higher chance of developing blood cloths.

Literally millions of people have already died from Covid. Millions more will also die unless they get vaccinated. 7,900 is nothing in that context 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:21am
The threshold for vaccines and medication is a lot higher than does it kill less people than the disease it is trying to fight against.  That is not how it works and has never worked.  What is happening is due to the pandemic people are now suddenly interested and commenting on stuff that normally happens all the time over years and are understandably impatient and wanting the proper and normal procedures changed.  Theses procedures are there to one protect people from dying due to medication and also for confidence and litigation reasons.   
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:32am
So this does mean summer is cancelled?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The threshold for vaccines and medication is a lot higher than does it kill less people than the disease it is trying to fight against.  That is not how it works and has never worked.  What is happening is due to the pandemic people are now suddenly interested and commenting on stuff that normally happens all the time over years and are understandably impatient and wanting the proper and normal procedures changed.  Theses procedures are there to one protect people from dying due to medication and also for confidence and litigation reasons.   

Planet Earth has never stuck a vaccine into 800M+ people with less than 6 months of trials. 

Proper and normal procedures are not been followed and time simply doesn’t allow it. 

People can decide if they smoke , drink , drive etc   They should be able to decide if they want the vaccines knowing the risk IMO. 

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL
I take it that's a no
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:49am

Planet Earth has never stuck a vaccine into 800M+ people with less than 6 months of trials. 

Proper and normal procedures are not been followed and time simply doesn’t allow it. 

People can decide if they smoke , drink , drive etc   They should be able to decide if they want the vaccines knowing the risk IMO. 

Those giving out should remember that it’s the authorities in the US as well as Johnson and Johnson themselves that have paused that vaccine and that many countries have similar age restrictions for the AZ vaccine.   All of these medical experts from all over the world know far more than I do that’s for sure.  Reading many social media posts by recent amateur experts is laughable.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:55am

Those giving out should remember that it’s the authorities in the US as well as Johnson and Johnson themselves that have paused that vaccine and that many countries have similar age restrictions for the AZ vaccine.   All of these medical experts from all over the world know far more than I do that’s for sure.  Reading many social media posts by recent amateur experts is laughable.  
Good to laugh at yourself I believe, the experts say.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 14 Apr 2021 at 9:03am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:05am
Of course sure didn’t I say that they know far more than I do.   I am not going against the medical experts though and coming up with my own half baked solutions and theories.   I would
Think the onus is on those going against the experts to show their credentials and prove how they are correct.  That is a crucial difference.  I do not proclaim to be an expert and I am far from
It but I do trust the medical experts rather than journalists and other commentators on Twitter and social media who become self proclaimed experts over night and castigate those that have worked in the field for years.  Others who are frustrated and impatient then agree with them as it sounds great. 

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Apr 2021 at 9:12am
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:18am

Of course sure didn’t I say that they know far more than I do.   I am not going against the medical experts though and coming up with my own half baked solutions and theories.   I would
Think the onus is on those going against the experts to show their credentials and prove how they are correct.  That is a crucial difference.  I do not proclaim to be an expert and I am far from
It but I do trust the medical experts rather than journalists and other commentators on Twitter and social media who become self proclaimed experts over night and castigate those that have worked in the field for years.  Others who are frustrated and impatient then agree with them as it sounds great. 

So you are an expert then Heart
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:26am

A few weeks ago you were saying the British medical association were wrong to give the vaccines 12 weeks apart.

Do you not think one of the oldest and most distinguished medical professionals in the world maybe know more than you and should be trusted to make this decision? 

Only time will tell which approach was best but quick decisions were and still are needed as people are dying every day. 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 14 Apr 2021 at 11:28am

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:28am
Like yourself I'm no expert and never claimed to be. Anything I have said on this subject is based on data provided by more informed people than me. I said the chances of dying from a clot from AZ are 1 in a million and that we are set to get 800k doses in Q2. So there is an 80% chance that 1 person would die from an AZ vaccine induced blood clot. I do not think the risk merits limiting the AZ to a specific cohort. Obviously other people defer to those who think it is too big a risk to take. So be it.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Im The Gaffer View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im The Gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:54am
Guardian article about how experts in London got to the bottom of this blood clot thing and how there is hope as regards treatment of it:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/apr/13/how-uk-doctor-marie-scully-blood-clotting-link-astrazeneca-covid-jab-university-college-london-hospital
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:32am

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL
I take it that's a no

Don't know about a waiver, but my aunt had to sign a consent form when getting AZ. And I'm sure it's so people can't do exactly that.
The dark side.. And the light
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 11:23am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

So this does mean summer is cancelled?

Large bottles of cider and picnic benches won't see come together until 2022!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 640641642643644 839>
  Share Topic