You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 635636637638639 839>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Austria bought 1m of the Russian Sputnik vaccine but they can't use it until the EMA approves it. So what happens if the EMA doesn't approve it? The Austrian government will look clueless if that happened. 

Why is this?

I asked this before as it was mentioned elsewhere that Ireland need to look beyond the EU (Russia,US or Israel) to source vaccines.

I don't think there is anything stopping any country other than we are all part of the EU and we work as a whole for the better of everyone. The vaccines roll out is one such example where it has gone badly awry. I'd imagine the governments of Europe are just been patient and hoping it improves 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:33pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

Good news, hopefully get back to matches in the Autumn.https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2021/0408/1208696-vaccine-passports-crowds-stadiums-gaa/
Under pressure from UEFA for the euros.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:18pm
Tonights hospital report at 8pm...hospitalizations 209 ICU 53. Going down quicker than Sheff Utd..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:21pm
Very encouraging 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Very encouraging 
Specifically if you follow Sheff Weds
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:40pm
the situation in Chile is a cautionary tale.  They have been very successful with their vaccine role and have huge amount of people vaccinated.  However they have huge amounts of covid and their hospital system is under huge pressure. 

They opened up way too quickly because they felt they were grand with the rollout and they are paying the price.  
AKA pedantic kunt
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Good news, hopefully get back to matches in the Autumn.https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2021/0408/1208696-vaccine-passports-crowds-stadiums-gaa/

Not that I'm really against them in this instance but if you said you may require a vaccine cert/passport to get into event your country in a years time you would have been labeled a tinfoil hat merchant! 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:50am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Not that I'm really against them in this instance but if you said you may require a vaccine cert/passport to get into event your country in a years time you would have been labeled a tinfoil hat merchant! 
England's QF is in Dublin,  the Gardai must be delighted they are not travelling over.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:21am

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

England's QF is in Dublin,  the Gardai must be delighted they are not travelling over.
Qualified already have they ? Last 16 in anyway...
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

the situation in Chile is a cautionary tale.  They have been very successful with their vaccine role and have huge amount of people vaccinated.  However they have huge amounts of covid and their hospital system is under huge pressure. 

They opened up way too quickly because they felt they were grand with the rollout and they are paying the price.  
So are you saying another 5 months in lockdown then Baldie Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:29am
I don’t think it will be another 5 months in level
5 lockdown.  

But do I think in 5 months, will we be back to pre covid, not a chance.  

It’s important to get the reopening of society right and it’s tricky and not simplistic as some people esp on social media like to
Make out. 

AKA pedantic kunt
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:58am
Completely agree Baldie - patience is key. I think the following is realistic and what I'm telling myself to stay sane. In the grand scheme of things it's only a few months

1. By end of June - a lot of retail back open, maybe outdoor dining. Pubs likely still closed
2. By end of Sep - most restrictions lifted. Masks likely still required in restaurants and pubs will be open with restrictions in place (social distancing, masks etc)
3. By Nov/Dec - life in Ireland is more or less back to normal. Pubs/restaurants rammed for Xmas with no social distancing or masks required. Restrictions on overseas travel restricted for countries not on the green list the only real difference to pre Covid life
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:15am
To be honest, if wearing a mask in winter saves lives in terms of flu, I'm all for it

I reckon the vaccines will be done sooner than Sept as well. Remember, 70% is the magic number in terms of herd immunity. They are saying 80% will have first vaccine by end of June. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:18am
Everything is pure speculation. Middle of next month we might get some semblance of a plan. The lobbying will ratchet up soon from vested interest groups. We are approaching the stage where back bench TDs are getting sweaty palms thinking of their seats. The key for me is inter county travel, once that opens up things will look brighter. My guess is mid August for  substantial openings. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:02pm

To be honest, if wearing a mask in winter saves lives in terms of flu, I'm all for it

I reckon the vaccines will be done sooner than Sept as well. Remember, 70% is the magic number in terms of herd immunity. They are saying 80% will have first vaccine by end of June. 

I wouldn't mind if people here wore masks on public transport going forward tbh. The amount of colds I've picked up on the DART going to and from work every day. I can obviously just wear one myself but would be self conscious if nobody else was LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I wouldn't mind if people here wore masks on public transport going forward tbh. The amount of colds I've picked up on the DART going to and from work every day. I can obviously just wear one myself but would be self conscious if nobody else was LOL

Yeah I commute on Irish rail and usually get 2-3 colds over the winter, not one this year, buses and trains can be like petri dishes

You always get a hero in work, obviously smothering with something and still going into office and infecting 6 others
Getting old and intolerant
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:36pm
Lets hope there is feic all reason to get the dart or bus in only on a sporadic basis and we can work from home. Commuting Dead

Dont miss the commutes I must say.
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 635636637638639 839>
  Share Topic