You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 633634635636637 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

It's an effin joke Andy. Decades of screwing up the health service has finally come home to roost with this pandemic. If HSE was in any way fit for service we wouldn't need to have such a long lock down. 

Countries with far better health systems than ours have had worse death rates than us.  

Reading social media and many aspects of the media you would think that Ireland is one of the worst performers in the world.  As Murph told me bad news sells and he is right. 

Other countries didn't export entire generations of youth. Its the reason why we have one of the youngest if not the youngest populations in Europe. Had the hundreds of thousands who emigrated 50 years ago not done so we as a country would be in dire straits today.

The HSE is a disgrace. The whole thing needs to be ripped up and started afresh. 

I see you read David McWilliams article at the weekend so LOL

Our rate of rolling out the vaccine is one of the highest.  
actually I haven't read his article although I do find his bullsh*t interesting at times. 

As for rollout, 6% of the population has been fully vaccinated 4 months after the first vaccine was authorised. Just because we're 0.1 or 0.2% ahead of the pack doesn't mean the rollout is going swimmingly. It's actually pathetic. We're obsessed with being seen as the good European. Well f**k that, it didn't stop the Danes for example going to other countries to source extra jabs. 

To tell the truth I'm angry watching incompetent imbeciles running the show. Not just politicians but the civil service as well. The way things are going this will be the very last time FF will be in power and its all of their own making. Next time they'll not get my number 1. Maybe 3.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:35pm

It's an effin joke Andy. Decades of screwing up the health service has finally come home to roost with this pandemic. If HSE was in any way fit for service we wouldn't need to have such a long lock down. 

Countries with far better health systems than ours have had worse death rates than us.  

Reading social media and many aspects of the media you would think that Ireland is one of the worst performers in the world.  As Murph told me bad news sells and he is right. 

Other countries didn't export entire generations of youth. Its the reason why we have one of the youngest if not the youngest populations in Europe. Had the hundreds of thousands who emigrated 50 years ago not done so we as a country would be in dire straits today.

The HSE is a disgrace. The whole thing needs to be ripped up and started afresh. 

I still think a lot of people look at the UK here in Ireland and measure it to us and what we are doing , lets face it if there is one thing Boris got right it was the vax .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:55pm

actually I haven't read his article although I do find his bullsh*t interesting at times. 

As for rollout, 6% of the population has been fully vaccinated 4 months after the first vaccine was authorised. Just because we're 0.1 or 0.2% ahead of the pack doesn't mean the rollout is going swimmingly. It's actually pathetic. We're obsessed with being seen as the good European. Well f**k that, it didn't stop the Danes for example going to other countries to source extra jabs. 

To tell the truth I'm angry watching incompetent imbeciles running the show. Not just politicians but the civil service as well. The way things are going this will be the very last time FF will be in power and its all of their own making. Next time they'll not get my number 1. Maybe 3.

So what’s your metric.  If we are one of the best at rolling out the vaccine and vaccines are used within 7 days of them arriving how do you argue that it’s pathetic.  

The only countries that are well ahead of us are non EU countries that gave the go ahead before the EMA did and most importantly are major countries in which the vaccines are actually
Manufactured and pre funded much of the costs.  

Only clowns who haven’t a clue would compare us to the US and the Uk and Israel.  

In relation to countries on the same playing field as us we are doin really well and that’s not factoring in the horrific death rates in the UK and the US prior to the vaccine roll out.  

You need to be able to see beyond your self hatred for your own country. 

Edited by Baldrick - 07 Apr 2021 at 8:57pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:00pm
Top meltdown Coleman. Get it out of ya!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:07pm
Can't wait for the gyms to reopen shedite... I'd say half the country badly needs to bate the sh*t out of a punchbag LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:42pm

Can't wait for the gyms to reopen shedite... I'd say half the country badly needs to bate the sh*t out of a punchbag LOL
Yeah need that myself! Sick sh*t of walking/running all the roads around me
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:50pm
An enjoyable rant but did you vote FF as you're number 1 in the last election?

Edited by Artie Ziff - 07 Apr 2021 at 10:51pm
It would damage this forums' reputation
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I found this the most shocking part of the rant 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

to tell the truth i don't think i did. it was SF 1, Greens 2 and FF 3 I think for the first time ever. Always putt FF down as 1 prior to that for family reasons... but now that the psychological link has been broken I'm unlikely to do so in the near to medium term.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:08am
It's such an Irish thing to vote for a party because your parents voted for them !
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It's such an Irish thing to vote for a party because your parents voted for them !
It's no different here!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It's no different here!

Thinks it's a bit different through - When you've effectively got 2 choices, it's not unusual to have people following the same way. But in Ireland you've always had more than 2 choices on the ballot. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:23am

It's no different here!

Thinks it's a bit different through - When you've effectively got 2 choices, it's not unusual to have people following the same way. But in Ireland you've always had more than 2 choices on the ballot. 
Yeah, I get that. It's far from democracy here, but many people still vote without thinking. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:32am

So what’s your metric.  If we are one of the best at rolling out the vaccine and vaccines are used within 7 days of them arriving how do you argue that it’s pathetic.  

The only countries that are well ahead of us are non EU countries that gave the go ahead before the EMA did and most importantly are major countries in which the vaccines are actually
Manufactured and pre funded much of the costs.  

Only clowns who haven’t a clue would compare us to the US and the Uk and Israel.  

In relation to countries on the same playing field as us we are doin really well and that’s not factoring in the horrific death rates in the UK and the US prior to the vaccine roll out.  

You need to be able to see beyond your self hatred for your own country. 
au contraire mon frére. i have great affection for my own country. the mistake you make is confusing country with state. the latter, and those who run it, is who i take issue with. 

i didn't once mention the us, uk or israel and not sure why you're tying them into the argument. i mentioned denmark but equally could have brought up non-eu countries as you have such as norway or serbia which unlike the us or uk have a relatively similar sized population as ireland and both of whom are outperforming ireland in their response to the pandemic. 

its all well and good saying we are one of the best at rolling out the vaccine. the reality is however the rollout across the eu has been by and large abysmal. what you are really saying is we are slightly less sh*tter rolling out the vaccine compared to our european counterparts. the reason for that i suggest - and this is my opinion, not david mcwilliams - is that we have actually received slightly more doses per capita compared to our eu neighbours. look up eurostat if you don't believe me.

my beef with the state has many facets but at the moment it is to do with the lack of competence, urgency and foresight to approach other countries in order to procure additional vaccinations. in january it was plain to see the commission had screwed up. it was then we should have said hold on a minute...yes we are 'good europeans' but ursula you screwed up and we now need to do whats best for the people of the country. that is what denmark, austria, hungary and slovakia did and its what we should have done or at least should do now. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 08 Apr 2021 at 10:36am
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:37am

only logical that your parents would raise you based on their principles & views and that you in turn would see the world in the same way and vote the same way. Then grow up, cop on and realise that it's all a load of bollix.

If I have kids they'll be told from a young age the time FG TD Olivia Mitchel put a campaign poster up at the crossroads in Ballyroan blocking the filter light for turning left and causing much anger. I'm not one to hold a grudge but I remind people of this a good few times a year.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

only logical that your parents would raise you based on their principles & views and that you in turn would see the world in the same way and vote the same way. Then grow up, cop on and realise that it's all a load of bollix.

If I have kids they'll be told from a young age the time FG TD Olivia Mitchel put a campaign poster up at the crossroads in Ballyroan blocking the filter light for turning left and causing much anger. I'm not one to hold a grudge but I remind people of this a good few times a year.
this is it 100%. once that spell is broken then you enter a whole new world of politics. 

look at scotland for example. for well over a century it was ruled by labour and the tories. if you were a shipyard worker it was labour pure and simple, a similar situation with the tories...then came 2008 when that spell was broken and the snp swept in to power. 13 years later they are still in power. in the polls they are on 50% of the vote and on the verge of a majority in the scottish parliament at next months election. what happened in scotland is politics went stale and that's what has happened in ireland. change is coming...its a pity it hasn't happened before now.

Edited by colemanY2K - 08 Apr 2021 at 10:53am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:54am
Disagree there. Tony Blair and his  neoliberalism broke Scotland. They left Scotland and the SNP, for better or worse, filled the void.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:14am

Disagree there. Tony Blair and his  neoliberalism broke Scotland. They left Scotland and the SNP, for better or worse, filled the void.
it wasn't just tony blair. with labour it was decades upon decades of taking the voter for granted. it held its block of over 40-60 scottish mp seats right up to the disastrous 2015 election when it was trounced, losing all but one mp. 

what happened was people woke up and could see the energetic and dynamic snp were an alternative to the old politics. for similar reasons albeit with a helping hand from maggie the tories felt the wrath of the voter. both parties combined are now struggling to draw a third of the electorate. the biggest danger for the snp is complacency. they are within touching distance of independence. demographics is on their side. it might be 10 years away but that is nothing in the grand scheme of things. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 633634635636637 839>
  Share Topic